You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Static Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Static Figure

 

To begin I would like to include for about a year or so of my childhood I had a "sleep walking" issue. I was maybe 6 or so years old and fairly often I would wake up in completely random spots of our home, kitchen, living room and even a couple times in the same spot of our back yard.

I have never been able to remember dreams that I've had my entire life so therefore I have left the possibility that this experience was a dream coming through. I remember this encounter very vividly over the years and I have never had anything like this happen since we left the house. But to finally get to it, one night I had a strange feeling cast over me and I went to my parents room to sleep with them because I was so scared.

My father woke up very early to go to work about 4:30am I remember waking up before he left and saying goodbye, after he left I tried to go back to sleep but felt that same strange feeling again. My mom was still asleep and I was still in bed but I had a clear line of sight to the doorway, I broke through the fear and forced myself to open my eyes and when I did I saw a large figure approach the doorway but it wasn't a normal person, it had the shape of a man but the entire body was just a black and white static.

I quickly closed my eyes and was frozen with fear, my eyes stayed closed maybe 30-45 seconds before I looked again and the shape was gone. After this I never saw this shape again but there were many in explained noises in the house including a banging on our guest bathroom door that even my parents heard but blamed on me since they were together and I was the only other one in the house.

I would really appreciate some inputs here to see if there's any logical reasons for what I saw. About 14 years later and the memory of this still stresses me out trying to make some sense of it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wunderworx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-23)
This might be such a silly question, but do you know if you're electrokinetic? If you don't know, does electricity or electrical objects ever seem to act strangely around you?

I'm afraid I have no other information to provide you with, but I am really grateful that another has already pointed you into a direction of seeing how others have seen other such phenomena. I hope you continue to get more answers! X
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-20)
Apologies, wunderworx.
While my phone appeared to be operating correctly, it was not letting me copy-and-paste the information for you. Let me try that again:
Static People https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21777
My Timeline of Experiences (2) https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25207
Final Goodbye vs. Static in the Air https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22193
Static Entity https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22980
The Static Man https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12045
Many of these phenomena are of human-shaped "static" people, and one or two about people seeing static in the air, which includes the forms of people within the electrical field. While I don't have a complete answer for you as to what you are seeing/experiencing, I thought it may be helpful to know that you are not the only witness to this phenomenon.
Best,
Biblio.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-20)
Greetings, wunderworx, and welcome toYGS.
I remember reading several similar accounts on YGS over the years:
Static People
Https//:www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21777
My Timeline of Experiences (2)
Https//:www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25207
Static Spirit https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25207
Final Goodbye vs. Static in the Air www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25207
Static Entity www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25207
The Static Man www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25207
Static People https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25207
I hope these are the correct links; I'm typing this up on my phone as my wife drives us home after a night out. I may return with more thoughts later, or corrections to the list when the car has stopped.
Best,
Biblio.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-20)
Hi Wunderworx,

Welcome to YGS. As for the sleepwalking, I did this for many years. What you described doesn't sound like this. Usually, the person has no memory upon waking. When you described the figure as 'black and white static', are you referring to the way a television screen appears when there is no signal (sort of black and white lines)? Did you hear anything when you saw it?

This made me think about how some individuals hear energy and/or spirit. Its been described as a popping, static electricity sound. My son had an experience about 2 years ago which he described as seeing "white sparks in the air". He also heard a popping/crackling sound. There wasn't any electronic equipment nearby, he saw it about 4 feet up from the hardwood floor, in the middle of the living room. It's just a thought, perhaps it will make sense to you.

Besides that, if your house had other activity, it might have been a spirit just trying to get your family's attention. Are you still in that house?

Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: