You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Watching Me At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Watching Me At Night

 

It has been awhile since I have last posted a story, for the encounters I get have dimmed down greatly; Well, except for now.

Like I said before, I haven't experienced any activity for awhile, but a few nights ago I have been hearing things in my room every time I lay down to sleep. When I lay down at night, I tend to stay up for maybe another hour before going to sleep. In that time, I hear a lot of things in my room like light tapping or objects getting moved around or even the sound of the floor boards creaking beneath the carpet as if someone is walking around very slowly in my room. There has also been a couple times where objects, such as books or little figurines, have been knocked off my desk or dresser so violently that I lose several hours of sleep for fear of letting my guard down.

The footsteps I hear almost sound like someone, or something, is pacing around my room. But they never seem to walk to my bed or the closet (which is at the foot of my bed). When I sit up to see if maybe my pets have managed to sneak into my room, the steps stop. Sometimes when I sit up, I feel a rush of air on my face like maybe someone blew their breath at me or waved something in my face. When I lay back down, I usually put the blankets over my head and then the footsteps start up again.

Now, with the tapping, I have talked about it before in a couple other of my stories. This time, the tapping as moved into my room. It starts out really quiet at first; just subtle taps on the wall behind me or by the door. I try so hard to ignore it, but they usually get louder. One time, I managed to fall asleep, but was scared awake by a loud bang against the wall right next to me like someone punched it. Yes, my brother's room is next to mine, but he rarely moves around in his sleep, so it cannot possibly be him. This sounded like someone hit the wall out of anger. Did I apparently make something angry for trying to get at least a few hours of sleep in?

Other hauntings by JustAnotherPerson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustAnotherPerson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lollipopspace (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
So your experiences sound like mine a bit but mine is heels being dragged on the floor but they never come near me they are always outside of my room it scars me half to death. I haven't slept that much for the past three days because of it 😐
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
Melda -- I have tried telling my parents before about the activity, but they don't believe me. My dad passes it off as "just your imagination" or "You are watching too many scary movies" or something like that... I even tried to get my dad to come to my room one time when the activity happened, but he completely ignored me. 😢
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
AzraelX -- The flooring I have in my room is mostly carpet, including the majority of the house. I do know that some houses have additional wooden floors beneath the carpet. The sounds are like footsteps... Like a normal consistancy of a normal pace.

AugustaM -- I don't really know if I have brought anything inside my house that could be connected with a spirit... Oh wait! We do have a few antiques that we got from my great-grandmother when she passed away, but I do not believe it is her who's staying in the house. Usually I would feel a familiarity. My great-grandmother was a sweet old lady, so I don't think she would be hitting the walls or knocking my things over. Now, for going somewhere... Sometimes I visit my friend who lives in an old renovated mental hospital, which are now apartments. There is some activity that happens there, so maybe something followed me from her apartment.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
I get where you are coming from - similar things used to happen to me periodically in my old house. I used to sleep with my door closed and, often, after I had closed the door and turned out the light, I would hear something moving around exploring things in my room and sometimes even jump up on the bed. My mother and I had raised three feral kittens so I would tell myself that it was just one of them but when I would get up, turn on the light and have look about but, I could never find them in my room. Several times in hopes of putting my worries to rest, I would leave my room closing the door behind me and see if I could find the cats elsewhere - every time, I would find all three cats elsewhere in the house... Meaning none of them could have been in my room mucking about. My best guess was that it was the spirit of a dog or cat but I'll never know for sure.

I don't get the feeling that your entity is an animal spirit, though... It does seem to be very interested in exploring your things and you. Since it seems to want your attention, I doubt it is a residual haunting. Since it seems to have some purpose to its actions, I don't get the feeling that it is a simple poltergeist... It could just be an entity passing through that is lingering for a little while... Did you bring anything into your space at about the time this started? Any heirlooms, antiques, vintage items, second hand items (even clothes) in your home? Did you visit anywhere that something could have followed you home from? All else fails, do a little research on the history of your home AND the land it was built on including the surrounding neighborhood.

And Melda's suggestion for a cleansing was a good one - I recommend Rook's method. It would be best if your parents were 'on board' with it but, if you can't bring them 'round, do the best you can on your own - just believe in yourself.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-01)
What is the kind of flooring in your house and especially in your room?

Wooden flooring are known to expand and contract based on temperature differentials and these contractions/expansions do create sounds.

Was it a continuous sound or intermittent sounds?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-30)
JustAnotherPerson - Are you the only one experiencing this in your home? It seems that this is only happening in your room at this stage but that does not mean it will restrict itself to that space.

I quickly glanced through some of your other stories and it would seem that you have been experiencing some rather disturbing events for quite some time. (I did not read the comments)

In one of your accounts you mention that you have been told that these experiences should stop when you reach 18 or 19. I know that this often does happen. Unfortunately some of us are exceptions to that rule (if you can call it a rule)!

I don't doubt that you need a cleansing or blessing of your home. Please try to convince your parents to stand by you with this. I have no idea of your religious beliefs but there are many cleansing methods which could prove very helpful. I'm sure other posters have suggested this in comments to your previous stories.

What are your parents' attitudes regarding your experiences? When I was young I had no support whatsoever - everybody thought I was having nightmares or had a very vivid imagination!

I am genuinely hoping that you manage to get the support and assistance you need. 😊

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: