You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Levitating Spoon

Real Ghost Stories

Levitating Spoon

 

This is a strange experience from my fiance's point-of-view. I did get to somewhat experience it too as I was in the same room but I only heard it; I didn't get to see it with my own eyes which is a shame because I'd love to get to see something so odd happening like this.

The experience goes like this: We were discussing something, I can't remember exactly what. I was sat on the floor by the fireplace while my partner was stood up in front of me, facing me so we were facing each other but he could see into the kitchen and I couldn't.

So after finishing the conversation we were having, my partner asks me if I would like a drink while looking into the kitchen at something. As he was speaking I heard a clang of a spoon being dropped on the counter top and my fiance freaks out a little and says that as he asked if I wanted a drink, the spoon that was lying on the counter by the two cups we left out for a drink, lifted slightly and then dropped back down making a noise, and that's what I heard.

There is absolutely no explanation for why the spoon suddenly levitated. There was only me and him in the house at the time so no one was pulling a prank and he saw it happen with his own eyes as he was speaking to me. He says he doesn't know why he was drawn to look into the kitchen but he felt he needed to because something was happening or going to happen. Weird, right?

Nothing has happened like this since. Although, we do get quite a lot of our belongings disappearing and turning up in random places we know for a fact we didn't put them. Poltergeist?

Other hauntings by lilpeachyghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilpeachyghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-14)
AugustaM, good call, I hadn't thought of that before! They really don't seem to want to cause harm, just like playing tricks and being mischievous I guess.

I remember one time my mum was looking for her necklace. We looked all around her dressing table, removed everything from the top of it, emptied her jewelry boxes and makeup bag and even moved the dressing table out and looked around and underneath on the floor. It was nowhere to be found, anywhere. A few weeks later, my mum shifted one of her jewelry boxes out to dust and it was right there. She said she'd silently asked whoever had it to please give it back and it turned up within 24 hours.

Another time I was looking for my tv remote. I shook the bed covers and blankets and everything because I remember last having it on the bed with me. It ended up being underneath my blanket that was at the bottom of my bed but I opened it up and shook it so... It should have fallen out, no?

Lots of strange little things happen like this in our house. They're more annoying than frightening though. 😆
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-14)
Perhaps you have elementals of some sort and not ghosts at all. The tricks they seem to be playing lead me to lean in that direction.
Dennis191 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-11)
Well, I would still be careful, as certain beings may be trying everything to trick you for the opportunity to have someone to feed on, not really sure if that is the case here, but maybe a cleansing is in order and will put things in order.:)
lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-11)
Dennis191, it doesn't do anything else. Things just move or disappear and then randomly turn up either exactly where we left them or in a place we know we wouldn't have put them. Like say a bracelet in a kitchen drawer. Nothing is malicious or threatening and I've never felt uneasy or scared living here despite unexplained events and paranormal happenings. I have seen figures but again, they are non threatening and I feel curious towards them rather than frightened by them.
Dennis191 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-10)
Sounds interesting. I can relate to things turning up in weird places. By no means am I an expert on the matter, but I did quiet a lot of research (as my own situation required it) so... Does it do anything else? Like knock on things, leave scratches, do you feel uneasy sometimes? Does it talk or whisper, or leave some sort of messages? Or was that the only thing that happened? Is the activity consistent? Does it move things around every day? Do you see figures of something or someone in the house when there's no one else around?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: