You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Transforming Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Transforming Shadows

 

I've published two stories on this website, both of them describing some experiences I've had for the last two years. I stated in them that I often see shadows at the corner of my eyes, and I even saw a full human-like apparition reflecting in the window.

After submitting the last story, some people commented about the shadows, I stated that I don't feel scared by them because I almost feel like their presence is the normal course of the things, that they should be here. I've became accustomed to them because they have been around for a long time.

I don't really know if this is just a product of my imagination, but I want to share it with you because your opinions always helped.

Since some people commented and asked me more about those shadows, I started to think about them. Before I was not really paying much attention to them. From the moment that my mind started to wonder about them, though, the sightings have been more and more present, and from the faded shades of black I used to see in my peripheral vision, now they seem to be brighter, some gray-ish, some even white.

Last night for example, even though my room was not dark, I was watching something on my laptop but I was on the verge of drifting off to sleep. There were moments when I would open my eyes and spot something moving and even though this has happened before, now it kind of scared me, making it hard for me to fall asleep.

Do you think that this happens just because I started to think more about them or does it really mean something?

Other hauntings by blckwdnsdy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blckwdnsdy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-04)
Hello, Biblio,

My parents' house doesn't have much history itself. From what I know, it had been built by my grandmother's godfather. He lived there with his wife and daughter, who eventually grew up and moved to another place. He continued to live there with his wife. I don't know when his wife died, but from what I know, he died in that house. The thing is, when I was about 5 years old, I saw an apparition, he spoke to me, I didn't freak out, I replied to his question, which was "How are you doing" and later, when I was a teenager I recognized him in a family photo. But I didn't see this apparition in my parents' house, but in his daughter's house. Maybe it can be something connected to him?

Anyway, yesterday I went home and spent a little time with my parents. Nothing unusual happened there, I didn't see anything while I was in my room or any other room.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-03)
Greetings, blckwdnsdy.

As you are more aware of the shadows, now, and you have not seen them in your boyfriend's apartment, the question that comes to mind is "what do you know of the history of your parents' house?"

When you return to your parents' house, you may want to be cautious. It is highly likely that nothing out of the ordinary will happen. You will see the shadows out of the corners of your eyes as usual. This would indicate that they are simply there doing whatever it is shadows do. There is also the less-likely chance that the shadows have missed you & will want to cluster around you; that could be a tense/scary experience. If the second of these events does occur, then I'm strongly in favor of using Rook's cleansing method to move the shadows out of that location. I'll include the method below.

Take care,
Biblio.

-------
Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-03)
Hello, AugustaM

Thanks for commenting.
I would do the thing that you suggested, EVP, but the interesting part is the following.

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Romania is currently under some strict conditions, such as not leaving the house without a good reason. For this reason, I decided to move with my boyfriend in his apartment. The thing is that I've been there for about 2 weeks and all this time I haven't seen them, not even once.
So that makes me think that they are not entirelt bond to me, but more with my parent's house.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-31)
Perhaps that means that your attention is what they want. Maybe try an EVP session next time you start seeing them to see what you get. Based on what you may collect that way, you may get a better idea of their intentions.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-29)
So interesting, blckwdnsdy, and definitely not sleep deprivation in your case, like it could have been in mine. And intriguing that since you've started to think about them more, they seem to be getting more pronounced and becoming less dark. This is just a gut feeling, and not based on knowledge or experience, but I get the sense that your previous feeling of not being frightened by them is correct. I like to think that maybe they're just looking out for you, and your recent focus on them is making them less shadowy and lighter. Thank you for sharing this, and keep us posted!
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-03-29)
Hello, VeronicaMarie

I have seen shadows at the corner of my eyes for a long time. Sometimes I was on the verge of drifting off to sleep, sometimes I was laying in bed, sometimes while performing chores or walking around the house, sometimes when reading or doing literally anything else. I have seen them when I was tired, as well while I was energetic and fully awake. So, for me at least, being tired or sleep-deprived wasn't a factor influencing their sightings.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-28)
Hi, blckwdnsdy...

I've never been too sure what those peripheral vision dark shadows mean. They haven't happened to me very much, so I'm no expert at all, but just wanted to put something out there. I started seeing them when I was a new mom, and only at the doorway to my baby's bedroom. Years later my sis told me that she had the same experience as a brand new mom, and always wondered if it was our deceased dad checking on his new grandson. The reason I'm prefacing my answer with my experience is because the practical side of me thinks that maybe sleep deprivation could have been at play with both my sister and me. So wanted to start by asking you, if you tend to see them mainly when you're overtired?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: