You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: I Caught More Spirits On Video!

Real Ghost Stories

I Caught More Spirits On Video!

 

It's been a while since I posted to this site. So, I thought I'd post an update. Things died down a few weeks after our renovations ended. I managed to settle into my new room, and I've been working towards my goal of becoming a cartoonist/animator.

Everything was perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. I was downstairs getting my lunch ready for the next day, when I felt like I was being watched. Instead of ignoring the feeling like I usually do, I looked up. In the reflection of the kitchen window (I was using the reflection to check the nearby hallway, so that I could keep working on my lunch and be in bed a few minutes earlier then normal), was what looked like a white dress from the late 1800s to the early 1900s. There was no body attached. It was just the dress. Posed in such a way that if it had hands, they would have been clasped gently in front.

Some how I knew that this was a neutral ghost. Not bad but not good either. Yet, because of the fact that almost all of my previous experiences have been extremely negative, immediately I started to panic. The apparition was standing in the middle of the only part of the kitchen that didn't lead into a pantry, bathroom, or outside. I was trapped. I put my head down, and started making my food as quickly as possible. By the time I was done, the apparition had vanished. I bolted for the stairs too terrified to look over my shoulder.

I've seen videos of people using a tiktok filter to "see" apparitions. So, for whatever reason I decided to try it (even though I'm prone to anxiety and panic attacks and just thinking of what I've seen scares the crap out of me.) I downloaded the app while I was sitting in my living room watching Youtube on my tv. Out of curiosity I put the filter on, and panned around the living room, and some of the adjoining rooms... Wouldn't you know, I found something... And immediately regretted even thinking about downloading the app in the first place.

Within a matter of minutes, I managed to gather three separate videos of what ever calls my house home, and I think I've found part of the cause of all the ghostly happenings around here. I'll be posting them to Youtube in the next few days.

Other hauntings by Cole_Harris

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cole_Harris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-07)
Hi Cole

"...I know that the authenticity of the filter is iffy at best."

Cole, Cole, Cole...that's got to be the understatement of the decade 😆 I love it!

Regards

Mack
Cole_Harris (11 stories) (29 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-07)
Hey guys, just thought I'd post an update with a bit of an explanation.

When it comes to surveillance, I'm not the only person living in the house. I live with my parents. Both of which are strong sceptics (I swear they're straight up in denial), and they aren't at all comfortable with cameras being posted inside the house.

Second, I don't have a job. I haven't had one in almost 6 years. As such, I can't afford anything.

I know that the authenticity of the filter is iffy at best. Which is why I make sure to only film in areas where I have already had experiences.

When it comes to the dining room, I've always "seen" things in there, especially at night (which is when most of the videos were taken). Not only have I seen things in there, it's also where one of my cats recently died.

When it comes to places like the staircase featured in one of the videos (the one in which almost the entire frame lit up), I always feel like something threatening is watching me.

There are even places in my home that I refuse to film in any manner. Simply because of how threatened I often feel in those areas.

Trust me, I would post cameras if I could. But as of right now, tiktok is all I can do.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-05)
Macknorton?! 😲

I literally can't grasp ANYTHING about ticktock, or its appeal. So it took me a few minutes to realise the 'filter' latching itself, highlighting objects was supposed to be latching onto ghosts too? Wouldn't put any faith in that either, unless a ghost actually materialised for the camera. (We can dream) There's a dark shadow in one of the first vids that the filter didn't highlight, that I thought *might* be something. But it was fleeting and felt like clutching at straws.

Cole, if you want to get into this you kind of have to set something of a surveillance up. Leaving a camera on in a room for hours etc. It's painstaking stuff reviewing the footage. I've never done it for that reason alone. Not trying to put you off but if you've got an active residence, might be worth a go.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-05)
Macknorton.

It's so nice to 'see' you again! I have been missing your comments for the longest time.

Welcome back.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+9
3 years ago (2021-01-05)
Hi Cole

Thanks for posting.

I've been away from this site for a few years now but thought I'd poke my nose back in and have a sniff around... And probably unintentionally upset certain people... Such is life lol!

Firstly, some advice (take it or leave it...whatever) if you are genuinely interested in genuine spiritual contact, or attempting to capture genuine spirits on film (honestly HAS it EVER been done?) I suggest the first thing you should do is NOT use a Tiktok filter to "see" spirits. Clearly the Tiktok thing is an extremely primitive party light-trick designed to be just a goofy, silly, throw away time waster.

If you are not in on this Tiktok filter joke, you need to be.

It's really sweet of others here to not (as yet) burst your bubble (assuming your not in on the joke yourself and are simply being mischievous by posting it) but in my opinion you need to be guided away from Tiktok and perhaps towards genuine self-titled mediums or other people who have the rare gift of not only being able to not only sense the subtle higher vibrations of spirits, but to also hear and even catch a glimpse (even rarer) of those who are existing in another dimension all around our own plane of matter.

Materialization of spirit (for our benefit) is an extremely complex and difficult feat to accomplish from what I understand
- which isn't much, trust me... And even then the recipient of the materialization needs to be attuned to the higher vibrations of spirit also. It's a rare thing. It's a coordinated and usually a conscious effort from both us and spirit to attune the differing vibrations (ours lower and spirit higher) to meet in "the middle".

Reading through these posts you'd begin to think that seeing spirits was as common as seeing shooting stars, or your favorite car.

I viewed your posted videos via your link (thanks) and I will just say that if anyone actually believes that these Tiktok filters show genuine spiritual beings, then the world is in a sorrier state that I thought. It's OK to be skeptical, and in my experience on this site, you really need your critical thinking turned right up to navigate the minefield of fact and fiction, genuine confusion, plain ignorance, and the down-right deliberate deception. As well as peoples sensitivities to skepticism.

Ahh it's good to be back! (I think...?)

Peace,

Mack
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
3 years ago (2020-12-14)
Cole Harris,

Regardless of the colours, it's always good to catch paranormal on footage.👻

Thanks for your reply.

Best wishes,
SWS 😊
Cole_Harris (11 stories) (29 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-14)
While the filter does add some colors, it's only supposed to react to living things, and it's NEVER supposed to flash grey! I don't know why it flashed grey when it was pointed at me in the 5th video. The only explanation that I have is that whatever is going on in the house might be affecting more then I thought.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
3 years ago (2020-12-13)
Hello Cole Harris,

Thanks for posting the videos of your sightings.

The images appear like auras, different colours. Is that because of the camera filter?

Anyway,Thank you.

Best wishes
SWS

😘
Cole_Harris (11 stories) (29 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-12)
Tweed, the videos actually came into play close to a month after the sighting

The sighting itself is partly what convinced me to try to make them in the first place.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-12)
Cole thanks for the uploads! I'm really bad at this kind of stuff, can't ever seem to find anything ghostly. Don't know what the filter was originally intended for but I think there may have been some shadow abnormalities in one of the first vids. But it might have just been the camera adjusting itself. How long from seeing the apparition to taking the videos? Not that it matters just curious if the same ghost may have still been around you.

Great to see a beautiful old grandfather clock. We have a pretty garish Louis XIV style grandfather clock, but it was made in the 1970's, still older than me lol.
Your cats seem pretty laid back about the whole affair, always a good sign.
Cole_Harris (11 stories) (29 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-11)
I finally got the videos up! Don't mind the music, I had to block out the background noise from the original video (there were several in my Dad was talking about his work, and I didn't want to risk getting him in trouble.)

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkvOYIFDko&list=PLhnW0GWUvbJeu3gKNfb6_n8xQUJuaKify&index=1
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
3 years ago (2020-12-10)
Coke Harris,

It's always intriguing seeing images of paranormal activity.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Best wishes,
SWS. 🎄
Cole_Harris (11 stories) (29 posts)
 
3 years ago (2020-12-10)
Sleeping-With-Steve. Ya, I was planning on having them up by now, but life has gotten a little crazy. XD

I'll have them posted by the end of the week.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-09)
Hello Cole-Harris,
I was expecting to see some videos on your post. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until you upload them to YouTube.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I can't wait to see the footage.

Best wishes,
SWS 😘

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: