You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scared... Teen

Real Ghost Stories

Scared... Teen

 

I am a fourteen year old teen and I live with my father and his girl friend. My dad and I have been moving around a lot and rented cheap old houses and my dad finally saved up enough money to live in a decent home.

Throughout my moving I have seen pretty weird things and I didn't want my dad to think less of me because I see weird things. Also my dad and I rarely talk so...

When I moved into my new and current home I made some friends and this is when my dad found his girl friend. I have lived in this house for 3 years to be exact and I thought that my shadow seeing and things falling off was over until last year.

I could still picture it in my mind. I was in my living room and my dad and his girlfriend was out for the week or two. During that time I started to see strange things again and I felt scared that I had to turn on the light and sleep as much as I hated it, because of the increasing electricity bill. I was planning to sleep with the lights off and be brave.

So, I turned off my lights when I went to bed. Around midnight to 2 o' clock I woke up because I was thirsty and when I entered my kitchen I turned on my light, opened the fridge, got out a bottle of water and drank. While I was drinking I heard some noises as if someone was washing the clothes old style with the board and stuff. So I followed the noise and it became louder but not much. The noise came from my bathroom and I looked around but nothing was there. I tried to deny everything I heard and I went back to sleep.

I heard it again and this is the point where I felt scared the turned on the lights and it became cold and I heard some noises coming from the upstairs room like running.

I didn't have any roommates so I went into my kitchen and got out a knife thinking that it was some robber. I slowly went up stairs and I tried to be silent as possible and I heard a door close at the far end of the room.

I went and checked and it seemed as if someone was hiding in the corner. I felt really scared, turned on the lights and she was gone so I hurried downstairs dropping the knife, turned on the living room lights and turned on the T.V. But the T.V. didn't work so I just sat there and fell asleep on the couch.

I woke up in the morning, didn't go to school and my dad called wondering why I lied that I felt really sick and about to throw up. He didn't believe it but he told me to stay home.

Did anyone have any experience like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Splyex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
I believe this wwas a rsidual haunting. Nothing you should be worried about but on the otherhand I to would be scared. I liked reading your story. If anything happens please let us know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Hi Spylex, I agree with those who say this is a residual haunting. If you really want to find out, try communicating with the spirit. From the looks of it the spirit seems friendly so you really shouldnt worry! 😊 Like Kim said, getting nervous or scared especially for us teens isn't good because it can really affect your school work and in severe cases can hurt relationships with other people.

Thanks for the story!
KittyK (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Don't feel like you are alone in this. I've learned from this website and from meeting a few other people that many people see or feel spirits. I told my parents about my experiences for the first time when I was 14 and they did not react well. They said I was imagining it and I would grow out of it, and it was very hard to get the courage to tell them. I would say it is worth it though. It makes you feel so much less alone, even if they don't believe you at first. It is a great relief just to tell someone.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
If the entity starts showing harm, I urge you to be careful! Right now, however, I don't think that it's really harming you.

You should tell your dad and his girl friend about this. Most of the time, someone would deny it, or just say "it was your imagination". (Don't worry, you're not going crazy!) 😜 I know this because I've been there.

If the ghost (s) actually start to cause harm, rely on your religion and keep a positive attitude. Sometimes, ghosts/poltergeists feed on negative energy.

I really think that the ghost (s) are not going to bring you any harm in your home though.

Interesting story!

~A_M_A
Becky (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
You can anoint the house with oil and ask it to leave also, if it's really scaring you. I don't feel that whatever it is trying to hurt you but maybe get your attention. But don't live in fear, no need to do that. Talk to your dad and his girlfriend so you aren't dealing with this alone. Maybe they too have had experiences and didn't want to tell you for fear it would scare you. Just a thought, hope it helps. 🤔
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
I don't think it would be a residual haunting due to the interaction she had with it, residual hauntings as we know they have no clue you are there they just keep living their "Life" and repeating over and over again the same thing. I would be interested in the history of the house. I would try to talk to your dad or even the girl friend if she is from the town and has lived there a while she might know some of the history behind the house and might be able to answer some of your questions. As far as your dad I m sure if you try to talk to him he is not going to think you are crazy in the least bit and that might help you guys get closer.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Splyex, I'm not sure that it is a residual haunting. If the spirits are performing different activities it's not. Residual hauntings are sort of like movies that just play the same scene over and over again. They aren't aware of you being there. You say the spirit was cowering from you so it seems it was aware of your presence. It seems that the spirits are attached to the house.There's been nothing threatening so I don't think you should worry. Since you've had other unexplained experiences I think you are sensitive to the spirits around you. They can sense it and show themselves to you or make themselves known to you with the sounds and shadows you hear and see. Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I have heard of certain phenomenon that does make people ill. This can also be attributed to high electromagnetic fields which can come from appliances like water heaters or circut boxes in basements. I will agree with the others that it sounds like a residual haunting so it's nothing to be alarmed about. It can't hurt you. If your electric bill seems high with just having a light on at night it could have to do with your meter and should be checked out. Saw an episode of Hauntings where a meter was running none stop even when all the lights were out and the people living there had high bills ofcourse. Ended up there was nothing wrong with the meter and there was no explanation for why it was running like that. This house also had a lot of paranormal activity so maybe there is a connection. They say spirits will drain an energy source in order to try and manifest. This is also another reason for a room getting cold when other rooms do not. I think most people on this site are believers so you never have to be afraid of sharing your stories with us. We don't think of paranormal experiences as relating to mental illness like many non believers do. So no, you are not crazy lol.
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
hearing those sounds will make anyone curious, that's what I also felt when I heard sounds in our former house.
hope to read more...

Take Care!
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hello,
I truly enjoyed your story, there are many stories on here that I give up on after the 2nd paragraph. However I remember experiencing similar things to you, I would sleep with the lights on, tv's on and even had the front door open.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
I would agree with Rhodes on this one. It certainly sounds like a residual haunting in the home.

Do you have any idea on the history of the house or the land the house is on?

You may have become ill because of the situation, making your frightened and nervous.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Although I'm not a hundred per cent sure, I'd say, it sounds more like residual haunting.

My reason for saying that is because of the type of noises you hear. It's as if someone who's lived in that house before you is still echoed in the background but seems unaware of your existence.

If that is the case, you really have nothing to worry about but then again, I'd ask you if you had some other experiences in that house.

Pay close attention to the noises, do they happen around the same time of day, are they always the same like someone's doing the housework, opening doors and walking about?

Keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: