You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Noah

Real Ghost Stories

Noah

 

This is a story that happened to me about two years ago-I was 24 and Pregnant with my second child, I was 28 weeks pregnant. To have more understanding of what I am about to write you should know that my father had passed away 5 months earlier (when I was about 2 & a half almost 3 months into my pregnancy).

I had just come back from the doctor's office, and he had given the baby and me the thumbs up. Everything was fine. It was a boy! Noah- I already decided the name! Everything was perfect...

About a week later I had the strangest dream -this dream in hindsight was a prophecy of doom for me.I dreamt that my dad had come to visit me-we were having a chat when he pulled out two photographs. One of himself and one of me. He placed them on the table in front of us and took a red marker from his pocket.

He circled his face in the picture, and the picture started smiling... He said to me-if you circle your face with a red marker and the picture smiles-then everything will be okay-BUT-if the picture starts to bleed then something bad will happen. I took the marker and very casually circled my face in the picture-it started bleeding.

I woke up-not being very worried about the dream-as most of you know pregnancy plays havoc with woman.

But unfortunately the next day, I felt uncomfortable, and I noticed some blood... To cut out the hard details, I lost the baby unexpectedly.

My father had come to warn me about the terrible event that was coming, he has come to me a few times after this-but always in my dreams and always to say hi-I will post another one about my dads visit another time.

All comments welcome

Other hauntings by carrycat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carrycat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
carrycat, I'm sorry for your loss. I can relate, for I too lost a baby about 5 years ago. I just wished I had someone tell me about it before it happened. I wouldn't have been SO devistated if someone had. God Bless...
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Hey carrycat! I am very sorry for your loss! I don't know how it feels as I am only 13 but I am sure it is very devastating!

It looks like your father had come to warn you beforehand about what was going to happen. I think he did this because he didn't want you to have a sudden shock. He wanted you to be prepared for it. Usually, most ghosts can contact other people through dreams. Mostly your own relatives. I am not saying that all relatives but mostly. I hope you understood. My best wishes for you and your upcoming baby!

Biemaster
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Wow, I'm sorry for the lost of your Dad and your baby! Hope things have been better for you.
Take care
Velvet
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I am very sorry for your loss. I can empathisize, I lost a child in my 30th week of pregnancy.

I do think you are right. Your father was trying to warn you.

God Bless!
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
hi everyone-thank you for your comments-Tonith it is very funny that you said that about another male child being born with the same soul... I recently had another baby boy, and although I could not bring myself to use the same name-when I was pregnant with him it felt as though it was the same baby as before... I put it down to me still being heartbroken-but I like to think that maybe its the same little soul.

Please look out for my next story about my dad... He seems to be my link to the world beyond, before he died I told him I would look for him.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I am sorry for your loss. I think your father was there in your dreams to prepare you for such an event. While it's debatable when a soul enters a body I will say that anyone who is suppose to be here will be here. Just because you miscarried doesn't mean Noah will not be born one day. I believe we are spirits inhabiting a body not a body inhabiting a spirit. If he is meant to be on earth he can use another vehicle (body) to accomplish that. His soul is alive and well but the fetus was not. Nature has way of dealing with this and thus there are miscarriages. The bible says God knows us in the womb and before the foundation of the world. To me this means our spirit not the body we inhabit. All flesh is temporary so I don't think this is what God was inferring. Noah may very well make his appearence on earth in a healthy body so if I were you I would not hesitate to name my next male child Noah. I hope I have not stepped on your religious or cultural values because this is just my opinion and I'm not trying to change your views.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
That dream was for sure a warning, wasn't it. Wow. I am very sorry that happened. That must have been very hard for you. Take care, hon.
OceanxGoddess135 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I'm so sorry to hear about Noah... Losing a child is a tragic thing. I find it so touching and beautiful though that your father had come into a dream and warned you. Have you looked at the significance and symbolism of the red marker and the smiling face of your father? He was certainly telling you something. Dreams coming from a guiding spirit like your father is quite a blessing. I hope the picture won't bleed next time.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Oh, how sad! To lose a child is never easy, especially so late in the pregnancy.

I hope that time will ease your grief. ❤
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
hey carrycat. First of all I want to thank you for all of the comments you have posted to my stories. I am really sorry to hear that you had a miscarriage. I am glad that your father came to visit, even though the circumstances were not very fortunate. Look at the brightside of it all, Noah is with your father now, and I'm sure he is taking good care of him. I look forward to reading more stories about your father's visits. ❤ Jasmin
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Im very sorry for Your loss Carrycat. I hate to hear that children pass on to a different world. I wish I could say something to you but there is nothing to say. I think you went through to much and its hard to talk about it. I think your father wanted to let you know that Noah was leaving. I think he wanted you to know first. But I'm sure your father took him to a great place. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I would also like to offer my sympathies for the loss of baby Noah.

Like the previous posters, I believe your father wished to warned you about the baby's demise and through his constant visitations to assure you that he's watching over for you.

I'm sure little Noah is well protected up in Heaven!
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I'm sorry to hear about your baby Noah. My mom went through a miss-carriage some years back. It is a very hard thing to deal with. Just look at it as a blessing. Maybe something would have been wrong with the birth, or he might have been unhealthy. Needless to say, it is still a painful experience. I will never know what it is like to have a baby brother or sister now, and that really hurts. I would have loved it like it so very much. You are lucky to have a father that visits you though. Thank you for sharing and God bless.

Trent
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I am very sorry for your loss and I feel bad for you, and I think it was kind of your father to warn you.

Truly,
Naema
motherofsix (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I would also like to say I am sorry for your loss. I agree with Becky you were given a warning and your Dad has let you know he is still watching over you. I am sure your father and noah are together in Heaven. God bless you
Becky (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
First and foremost I'm very sorry for the loss of Noah. But I do feel that you were given a "warning" so to speak. But also I keep thinking that this was your dad's way of saying that he knows and he's taking care of him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: