You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Man in the Cowboy Hat

Real Ghost Stories

The Man in the Cowboy Hat

 

When my cousin was 1-1/2 he was at his house in Traver California and was at home with my aunt. Pointing to the corner and said "boots". She didn't see anything so she looked for his toy boots. When she tried to give it to him he refused, and kept saying "boots".

After that they moved to Fresno, California. My aunt was feeding my cousin spaghetti when he asked her why that guy was staring at him. She didn't see anything and asked him what the guy looked like. He said he was old like Papa and was wearing black cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, with a long black coat. She asked him what he was doing now and he said he was gone.

The last time he saw him he was 3. It was Halloween and they were at the church. They were outside and he said he was in the bounce house. He said he stopped jumping and came out to stare at him. My aunt got scared and decided to take my cousin home.

He is now 4 1/2 and doesn't remember ever seeing the man. I think seeing the man would be really freaky. My mom said she saw the same thing when she was young but was so scared she didn't tell anyone.

We are not sure if he is good or evil because he was at the church but it was Halloween. He never hurt anyone but it must be scary having a stranger staring at you. My cousin hasn't seen the man for a year and a half so hopefully he is free from this freaky spirit.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tink301, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Well I have to say that the story was interesting and funn to read. I like the others are a little sceptical. But it was fun reading. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
I know there are kids that can have a single word vocabulary and will point and be able to say what something is. If a child knew the word for his toy boots then that would explain how he knew about the cowboy's boots. I do think kids can see things we can't and being that another family member saw it as a child there could be some validity in it. Maybe sensitivity runs in your family.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Wonder if he was a traveler, like I mentioned in my stories. The traveler had a big brimmed hat and a trench coat but to a child he could have had a cowboy hat.

The other difference is the one most of us have seen is more of a shadow person and we couldn't see any detail like the child did.
tink301 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
well Jasmin314 I forgot to mention he was almost 3. 😳 ❤

P.S. God bless you to KimSouthO ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
It would be believable but I think that the author is pushing the child's age just a little too much. Therefore I will have to agree with Kim and Jasmin 🤔 🤔 🤔

FRAWIN
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
KimSouthO, you are so silly. Ok well, that is interesting but how did your little cousin explain in such detail what the ghost looked like at 1 1/2? Interesting... I will also refrain to comment... Any further
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I will refrain from comment at this time.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: