You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Creepy Attack On My Room Mate

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Attack On My Room Mate

 

This is the experience that my room mate had in our paying guest apartment. In my earlier post 'Encounter with burnt child', I have mentioned that I came to Hyderabad city for interview. Prior to this, I was working in an IT company in Pune. I had recently joined this company after my graduation and was temporarily staying in this PG accommodation (my hometown is another place).

I had one room mate Deepti (name changed). That time most of us did not have mobile phones. Her boyfriend was in Mumbai whom she used to call daily from the nearby STD booth mostly in the evening after coming back from office. Sometimes the calls used to prolong until late nights.

This is how it was. As soon as you come out of the PG, you need to take a right turn and again another right turn and again a right, to come to the main road which is just opposite/parallel to the PG. And that's where the STD booth was located. I.e. You need to take a U-turn to go to the STD booth.

At the front of the PG, across the road was a boundary wall on the other side of which, are a lot of big trees spread across a piece of land. Anyway, so that means when we are taking U-turn to go to main road, we have to walk side by side that wall.

Now this is what happened. It was Diwali time so I went to my hometown on leave of about 15 days. When I returned, I found my room vacant. I thought Deepti has gone to Mumbai which she normally used to do over weekends.

When I enquired from the aunt (owner of the PG) she told something very weird has happened with Deepti. She asked me to check with other girls staying in other PG room as she was too tired to narrate everything. In the evening when most of the girls were in PG, I approached them to know what had happened.

What they told left me in utter shock and dismay. One night when Deepti was returning from STD booth after talking to her boyfriend it was almost past 11:30 pm. It was a dark night (Amavasya) and there was no moon in the sky. Just when she was taking the U-turn, she was right in front of the wall when she screamed at her topmost pitch, as if something jumped over her from the tree.

Her scream was so high that people in their houses heard it and girls and aunt in PG heard it too and immediately came out. They never knew it was Deepti's scream until they came and saw she was lying there in utter shock, sobbing, not able to believe what is going on.

I was left shocked on hearing this and asked those girls what happened next. They told Deepti did not show any weird symptoms after she was taken inside the PG. She slept that night somehow but was very disturbed. They called her mother who came to pick her up to Mumbai. So she left. The girls also guessed that Deepti was the victim of the proper timing for that 'thing' to attack as it was nearly 12:00 in the midnight on an Amavasya. They told that in between one of the girls in PG who also used to go to Mumbai over weekends, went to Mumbai last weekend and also visited Deepti's house just to check everything is fine.

She told that Deepti's condition has worsened. She sits in the corner of the room one moment silent and next moment she starts crying in horror pointing her finger in some direction crying 'there he is, there he is, can't you see?'

After listening all this I was scared like hell. I had to sleep in that room alone that night and my bed was just by the window. I was so scared after listening to all that the girls told. What if that 'thing' on the tree comes here through the window? I was not able to sleep and kept chanting Lord's name most of the night.

Anyway as I had already planned, I shifted to a new flat shortly. Deepti still hadn't returned. After moving to a new flat, my contact with PG aunt and girls was cut-off slowly. I never knew what happened to Deepti until one fine day I found one of the PG girls in market place and enquired with her. She told Deepti has returned and is now fine and whatever it was she is over it now.

I don't know what it was that attacked her from the tree but one thing is sure, its intentions were not good.

Other hauntings by Anjali

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anjali, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
wow, what a rare incident of haunting by "munja" (phantom)

They are supposed to be spirits of "learned or wise people who had some unfulfilled desire left while they were still alive"

The midnight has literally no connection with the haunting (its a myth that haunting occures at midnight only)

Aamavasya has connection with "such appearances" as it affects Earth's atmosphere (same contributes in High Tides-Low Tides), though I am still reading about this theory

Ask your friend to be mentally strong and block the vision of that "munja" from her mind (this will take time, she needs support from friends and family)

The "Mantrik" and "Babas" are mostly fraud and "psychologists" can help her in better way by simple hypnotism

When we respond to "haunting" events by fear, then only these things get aggravated

Hope this helps

Regards
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
Anjali can you mention the exact locality on Karve Road? Because I stay in Pune, very close to Karve Road and I probably know what area you are talking about. Thanks.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Didn't that girl tell anybody WHAT exactly she saw that night? Didn't you get a chance to ask?
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Ur friend should have the common sense of not walking alone at night-dangers not only of the unnatural... But natural also like rapists/dacoits...Some people are just out of their minds when it comes to relationships... (talking 2 boyfriend over fone late night outside home)!
megha (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
seriously it was a bad spirit lagta hai aaj se raat ko 12 baje ke baad nikalna bandh karna padhega 😭
Shawty786 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Reading your story about your room mate kind of got me creeped! U'v heard such things happening a lot back home... Especially night time and dark alley ways... It's good that she has recovered cause some never recover! And don't live long in such situations!

I can't write my experiences: (! Well gotta wait a bit longer I guess...
shiversdownmyspine (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
omg I'm so sorry this comment was not supposed to be posted on this story I'm very sorry 😢
shiversdownmyspine (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
first of all anjali this was a very good story. And second of all zukismom and wickedwitch2000 I don't think anjali's a boy judging by the name and the way hat your'll are referring to anjali as 'he'.anjali please confirm
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
debasish please share your experience. Am Curious to know what happened.
debasish (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
we hindus have some set of conventions based on the experiences of the findings of the aged old people. Days timings muhurthas are main points to consider. I will tell a story later where a ghost tried to scare me from a tree in our house.
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Amavasya is always a scary thing it's better not to venture out during Amavasya.
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
I was located on Karve Road. I.e. The main road described in my article is Karve Road.
banditadi (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
Scary no doubt... Though things need to be analyed. Where in pune were you located?
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
yes noor I also think the same. It must be a bad spirit awiting to attack at the right time... On a dark night sharp at 12:00
noor26 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
that's creepy and scary... Must be some kind of demon trying to posses her

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: