You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Man In The Ditch

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man In The Ditch

 

My grandma recently shared one of her ghost experiences with me, and I feel the need to share it with others.

My grandma was driving home from a friend's house late one winter night, when she says she saw a car wrecked in a snow drift in the ditch. She stopped to see if anyone was still there and needed help. She says she saw an old man start climbing up onto the road. He walked around the front of the truck and leaned with his hand against the hood of the truck, near the driver side rear-view mirror. The man looked up, and looked my grandma dead in the eyes, then just faded away.

She was able to recall exactly what he was wearing. She says that he was wearing one of those hats that has the earflaps; a thick, red-plaid flannel coat; black gloves with a small, white triangle logo; heavy blue-jeans; and big boots.

My grandma says she hit the accelerator so hard that she sprayed dirt and gravel from the road high into the sky. She raced home to tell my grandpa what she had seen. The next day, my grandparents drove down that road, on the way into town, and did not see a single sign of the wreck that my grandma swears she saw.

I know that anyone reading this has no way of knowing how trustworthy my grandma is, but please take my word for it, my grandma would not make this up

Other hauntings by Confused

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Confused, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
You should do some reasearch on deaths in that area. If there was a bad accident there, it could keep repeting history. Tell your grandmother that this is very common & not to be frightened. Best wishes!

Tori ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
Confused--Wow! I wonder what it's like to be in the same room with your grandfather, your grandmother, and you. I'd be on the floor with thermal camera, EVP recorder, and video camera. How really extraordinary a psychic unit you are.
I think the only thing that confuses me now is why you call yourself Confused?! <G>
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
My grandmother did experience this before our shared experience. Though I do not think that the two are related. Only because both me and my grandmother have experienced many such things. We have been told that we are just more sensitive to spirits than ordinary people.

And my grandfather says he has experienced spirit activity in the past, but not at this house. He believes my grandmother and me fully, and tries to support us in any way possible.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
Confused--Did your grandmother encounter this crash victim before or after the night she and you saw the extraordinary light ball roll through the trees? Could the phenomena be related?
She saw the crashed car; any ballpark description to approximate a year or decade? If you went to the local newspaper or city hall and found a story on a crash victim, and it had a photo, would she recognize the face?
Your granddad on both occasions did not trivialize her stories but was the one to "check them out." Has he ever heard activity in the attic as you have?
rrc3 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
this is what I call a remake haunting it is when the ghost make's or shows how he died
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
sounds like a residual haunting to me since it looked right at your grandma then faded away and that there was no trace of the wreck after words

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: