You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Recent Move

Real Ghost Stories

My Recent Move

 

Until recently, my family and I lived in a "haunted" apartment. But, unlike most people, we got along with our ghosts. Whenever they did something we didn't like, we would tell them, and if we did something that they didn't like, they would let us know.

Nothing truly scary ever happened while we lived there; just the usual experiences that people with ghosts have. Our son used to talk with somebody at night, we used to get the feeling that we were being watched, lights would turn on by themselves, and we would here strange noises.

What is significant about this apartment is that during the time that we lived there, I was in a deep depression. I used to cry for no reason, I didn't want to do anything, I hated the world, I was mean to my fiancé and my son, and I continuously felt the urge to run away and never look back. While in this severe depression, I searched and searched for a way to fix it. I never considered it to be something in my apartment because we got along with our ghosts. I am usually an upbeat, overly optimistic person, and anger/sadness has never been a part of who I am. Needless to say, it was an absolutely awful time in my life.

Upon moving into our new apartment, I suddenly feel amazing. As soon as we moved, it was like a wave of joy washed over me. I truly feel like myself again. Now I am racking my brain trying to figure out what caused me to be so unhappy. Was there something in that apartment that was forcing its negative energy on me or was I truly just clinically depressed?

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. (I know this story is choppy and vague...I'm afraid that I am not much of a writer)

Other hauntings by mrsmla4ever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mrsmla4ever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimCan (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
It could definitely have been the spirits. Even if they didn't strike you as malicious there is probably some sad reason they were there, instead of crossed over, and that sadness could have affected you.

On a side note, I've had bad experiences with black mold. In my last apartment building the downstairs apartment flooded and became moldy and I felt ill and depressed until I moved out, even though my apartment was fine. It's nasty stuff!
opaleone (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
That was me...
Black Mold can cause a very long list of conditons. It's hard to pin down sometimes because it effects different people in different ways.
Try searching the interwebs for more info. There's a lot out there.
Anyway. Again, that was my best guess, based on the info given...
NadimahElizabeth (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
Hey, someone mentioned Black mould and that sparks my interest. I had a very similar experience, I had some bizarre depression while I lived in my previous house and we did have black mould a plenty there. When we moved to the current house I felt almost euphoric and thought maybe the buzz of the move would wear off quickly but it never did, I feel fantastic. No mould problems here, so what is the deal with mould? Someone suggested to me that it could cause depression before...really?
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
CA_NJGirl:

I never knew post partum could last so long. Maybe that is what I was experiencing. But doesn't it seem strange that my depression just disappeared as soon as I moved? I don't know. It all seems so strange. Maybe it was a combination of depression and negative energy combined and that is why I felt so awful.
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Two comments:

A great counselor once explained to me that postpartum depression can last over a year and goes in stages. So while your depression was different, it may have been a different phase of the original postpartum.

The other is that I have lived in apartments with negative energy and vibe, but with benign or even helpful spirits. It was almost as thought they were protective at times.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Pjod:

I had my son right before moving in and trust me, I definitely experienced post-partum depression. But it only lasted about 6 months. I'm not really sure how to explain the difference in the new depression I was feeling compared to the post-partum.

Opaleone:

As far as I knew, there was no black mold in the apartment. I kept our home clean and never saw any signs of mold. I have to say, I have never heard of black mold causing depression...
opaleone (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Seriously. I immediatly thought Black Mold.
Not connected to your ghosts at all, don't worry.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Did you have your baby while living in this apt? I'm a rather new father, experienced depression after my sons were born.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
While I wasn't crazy about the apartment (it was kind of run down), I didn't mind living there and depression is something that I've never experienced before. I love life and everything it brings.

I can't even blame it on alcohol. I used to drink a lot when I was younger and dumber, but I had to grow up when I had my baby boy. I suppose it could have been the ghosts. There were a few moments when I would feel very uncomfortable. Especially in my sons room.

I agree with you about the exercise. I exercise regularly and I consider myself to be in great shape. Its a stress reliever for me. Thank you for your prayers. I just hope I continue to feel like me.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
It could have been the location. Was there underlying reasons you didn't like being there? A change of scenery does wonders for people sometimes. Also, have you suffered from depression in the past similar to this? Also, even though not apparent at the time, the use of alcohol, even in what most would consider social and acceptable drinking habits can easily cause depression and other negative physical symptoms. If you really had spirits in your other location and they were negative they would definetly have not had your best interest at heart. Negative entities are liers and decievers and are out for nothing but to kill, steal, and destroy. They can manifest in people around you when aloud to do so and physically bring about harm. If you've been attacked before others may well do it again. They see us other than we see ourselves. They can see the true us, so be spiritually strong. Another thing I've noticed is that the simple act of daily exercise is good for the body and soul. It's invigorating. Just don't overdo it at first. I'll pray for you tonight.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: