You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Playing With The Ouija board When We Were Young

Real Ghost Stories

Playing With The Ouija board When We Were Young

 

This happened to me and also my cousins. This is about us playing with the Ouija board when we were young, and we did on multiple occasions. And also what the income was in the end.

When we were younger we used to play with the Ouija board at my cousins house. When I was younger I didn't believe in the board and thought people were just moving the pointer, until I actually witnessed strange things happen.

On multiple occasions playing with the board, I have noticed spirits Tend to lie to you. They make you think they are a nice spirit, or someone you know/cared about before they died. During all these times, it seems like it always is or ends being a demon. Lots of times playing the Ouija board will go from fun and answering questions, to evil and hatred. Multiple times we have had the board talk about death and evil.

It also tends to pick on a specific person. Saying it wants to hurt them or that they are evil. I think this is due to the demons being attached to the most vulnerable person. If you have negative energy or are a negative person, you are more vulnerable to demons/attacks/possessions. So always try to have positive Energy/positive attitude when playing with the Ouija board.

I have also witnessed the Ouija board predicting things. I have also Read other stories of the Ouija boards predictions. If you have any Stories, please let me know.

Lots of times playing with the board, we would play with other people who don't believe. This one time while I was playing, someone was with us who didn't believe. He never had his hands on, he was just watching.

Being a non-believer, he put his hand in his pocket and asked what color his lighter was to the board. To his surprise, the board guessed the color, blue.

Another time we had a deck of cards. Someone who didn't have their Hands on would shuffle the deck and ask what card would be next. We could go through the whole deck and the board would guess every number and suit that was going to be next.

Another thing that happened, which I have also read about a similar Experience on this website was the following:

We asked what time it was on the alarm clock that was in the other Room (you could not see this room from where we were). It said it was 1.15am, when we looked into the room and said 1.14am, and then immediately switched to 1.15am upon entering the room. This was very weird.

Sometime after these instances, we barely used the board. However we always used it at my cousin's house (which is from the early 1900s) and it seemed his house had more paranormal things going on after we used it. There was always weird things going on in the house, but after it seemed liked things happened more frequently:

My cousin awoke one night seeing a ghost or something that he tried to take a picture on his cell phone with. (The picture is on a very old cell, but looks like a white figure) He said it looked like a slave from a long time ago. Also weird things happened such as noises, things moving on their own and the overall feeling of a presence in their house.

These are just some of the experiences I have had with the Ouija Board. Please give me your comments/feedback/similar experiences.

Also does anyone know anything about burning the board? When I was Younger and didn't believe as much, I burned the "eyes" on the Ouija board with a lighter.

Other hauntings by OnlyTruth

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OnlyTruth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mewhunter9 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
I played with a Ouiji Board once...

Thats when everything wierd started happening to me...

Tip-Don't use a Ouiji Board if-
1.You are easily scared.
2.Live on a former battle ground or where someone died.
3.Think it's a game.
4.Are not willing to risk anything.

When I used it, my sister saw a girl crying blood by her bookcase one night while I was sleeping by her... I woke up teh next morning with ehr asleep with my dad and a deep gash on my arm.

I also get a badly srpained foot from a spirit pushing me on my bike.
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Alright, to that Kiroke person, WTH?
There can't be proof cause its a PERSONAL EXPERIENCE! You can't prove it and people only post the stroy to try and get people to help them!
I have been on this site for maybe a few hours and so far am disappointed in some of these people who comment! I usually use the psychic experiences site, and let me tell you that the people are WAY nicer! I don't know why, maybe cause they've had experiences with the spiritual and have learned from it? And seriously, THAT is where people should be more skeptical, not here! So to all you complete JERKS on this site, BACK OFF, cause I'm on now, and will call you out!

Anywho, now that my rants over, I'd love to give some feedback! I really think that you should stop using the Ooujia board, but that's just my opinion. If you don't feel threatened, don't stop. But you see, an Oujia board opens doorways for spirits and demons.
It's a good way to communicate, but there are a lot of rules and loopholes and soooo many things can go wrong. Also, draw a fricking pentagram while using one! Otherwise, a spirit can attack you easily, but with a pentagram, it's held back.
Also, don't burn the Oujia board unless you completly burn it! Otherwise, if you want to get rid of it, take it far into the woods, dig a whole and burry that S.O.B! Draw a pentagram in the dirt to stop it from coming back (yup, its happened before)

-Light dosen't equal good, just as darkness dosen't bad-

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
I forgot to tell all that I always burned the ones I made... But when I thought about it I didn't burn the one I made with my sisters.
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
I as well use to play with one when I was young (middle school or high school) can't remember really. Anywho, here's some things that happened to me.
We kelpt it at my house under the couch and one night (nobody was home) my house got stuck by lighting. Guess where the lighting hit? My living room...
I told myself I would never play one again... Well for some reason the board is like a drug and it gets you hooked somehow. With that said I've even made them out of paper, card board etc. To prove to non-belivers that its real... So much has happened just like to you. I was told when I would die and I was scared to death until that day passed, but the last time I made one it was to prove to my half sisters how crazy it was... It was years since I made one but they wanted to play one, well long story short their mom (my step mom) dead a month later. I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I want NEVER do it again! Sorry so long tho'
kailee114 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
NEVER burn an ouija board! It can make spirits mad and possibly harmful. 😐 😊
Mylenium (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
My 8th grade teacher told my class this story of when her sister brought in a ouija board into the house...

My former teacher came from a very religious family; her mother was called the "praying machine". Anyhow, when my teacher was little, her older sister and her friends brought a ouija board into the house. Her mother became upset and left the room. Being curious, my teacher watched what her sister and her friends were doing, and whenever they would ask the board a question, the planchette would shoot to the edge of the board. This happened quite a few times until they asked the board why it kept doing that. After they asked, the board spelled out G-O-D. My teacher became frightened and ran to the other room where she found her mother, praying.

So the point of me telling you this: ouija boards are dangerous. You said yourself that after you and your cousins used it that the paranormal activity in the house increased.
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
thanks again everyone for all your comments. Id have to agree with everyone how the ouiji board is not a game and should be used wisely/respectably.

If anyone has any other stories about using the board, please share on here.

I just noticed they changed my story name lol, and it used to say in my story that the rejected my story and they deleted that part out of it now lol.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
Yeah, I don't know what's up with them rejecting stories all of a sudden... I used to hear some pretty wild and "out there" stories that still got posted regardless. I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to post a story recently, and after investigation I later found out a murder was committed at the location where I experienced weird things.

Anyway, I don't think Ouija boards are a bad thing if the people using them are respectful and cautious of it. It's possible that the use of it attracted spirits into your cousin's house, which I think is one of the side effects of improper use of these boards.
number13 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
You, let me give you some advice, first... Do NOT Burn AN OUIJA board, you do that and bad things will happen, second... Messin with that thing is dangerous, if you ain't ready to take the consequences then I suggest you not to use it, that thing is dynamite. This some of my advice about ouija board my dear friend. Have a nice life.
shiver222 (8 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
I believe the Ouija Board is a channeling device where you open your intuition and an entity communicates with you. I was always too afraid to use one as a child, and I have only used one on a handful of occasions with others who treated it with respect.

Imagine you're a mischievous or dishonest spirit. You see a bunch of giggly preteen girls pulling out an Ouija board. Time to have a little fun!

You attract the energy you put out. If you're ripe to be terrified, you can bet you will attract the trouble makers.

I've asked for knowledge and insight. I've asked for positive entities. When an occasional "jerk" from the other side would manifest, we simply told him he was wasting our time when others were waiting. After the entity realized we could not be frightened, he simply gave up and left in what can only be explained as a huff.

I've had very insightful and interesting conversations with the other side through an Ouija board in the company of other respectful Ouija channelers. I certainly wouldn't believe everything it says though. Its messages are just food for thought. Remember, just as there are many types of people on earth, there are many types of entities on the other side as well. Not all are to be trusted.

First and foremost - I would never use it as a toy.
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
I completely and totally agree with thechosen1. Ouiji boards are very dangrous. I cannot believe they sell them in stores! It is NOT a game!
thechosen1 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
What amazes me is that retailers consider the Ouija board a GAME! If you go in to a Target and go into the board games section of the TOYS DEPARTMENT they have the Ouija board on the shelves... I take part in paranormal investigations and I have never touched a Quija board...
Elise (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
I had a ouija board and it predicted a friends death only 15 minutes before he died and I set fire to the board. However, the board would not burn.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
Please stay away from Ouija boards.

From personal experience, I can attest to the fact that the Ouija can be very dangerous. It's a gateway practice that often leads to further, deeper, more dangerous practices. As a teen, I watched as my best friend progressed toward insanity (yes, she was committed to a mental institution) after becoming involved with the Ouija board. At the age of 13, she used her allowance to purchase her first board. Within a year, she had joined a group that practiced "dark arts," became a cutter, and was institutionalized by the time she was 15. NO JOKE. I don't think she has ever fully recovered.

Now, I'm NOT saying that every Ouija-practicioner will end up in a mental hospital. But I'm fully convinced that Ouija practice can lead one down a very dark alley toward obsession, depression and possession. Just something to ponder the next time you reach for the planchette...

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."

A.
ickxtan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
I never believed on the Ouija Board. I too had one board, tried several times but did not occur anything weird. Some of my psychologist friends said, the board can only work or the pointer moves when the people around it playing opens up their "intuition". 🤔
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
If you like talking to spirits why not talk to the only One that loves you and loves you just as you are. Spend that much time with Jesus and you would be blessed beyond measure. Ask your board about Him.
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
Thanks everyone for your comments and opinions.

Let me start by saying these occasions were when I was young and therefore didn't have much knowledge of the board. I do have the knowledge now, but I havnt used the ouiji board in a long time.

As me saying play with the board, that is just the words I used to describe it, I never meant for it to be seen as a game I was playing.

As for the house, it has experienced parnormal things many years before even touching the board. And for the figure my cousin saw, hes the one who saw it and explained what it looked like.

Thanks again for all the comments and I hope they continue.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
How to put my thoughts into a polite comment form...

"It was pretty much for fun" (a quote from your comment response). -- This right here clearly displays a lack of knowledge when it comes to the ouija board. First and foremost, the board is NOT A TOY and it is NOT A GAME and it is extremely important to recognize this fact before you even consider using it. You don't play with the board, you USE it. I stress this fact to make it clear because most people who "play" with the board do not understand it and that right there leads to a lack of respect for the board and also trouble run-ins. I mean no disrespect by calling that out, but it's frustrating (and annoying, in my opinion) when an inexperienced person (usually a child or young teen who has nothing better to do, and I'm not trying to insinuate your age by stating that) says they "played" with the board for fun and don't understand why bad things happened as a result. You mentioned playing with the board many time throughout your story. I'm sorry for any offense I may have caused, but I'm stating it how I see it, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, right? 😉

Another thing I want to bring up that ties into my previous comments is the fact that you mentioned you usually played with people who didn't believe in the board, which leads me to believe also that they didn't hold respect for it either. I highly warn that should you chose to use the board, you use it only with people who have more experience with it than you do and who also take it seriously and respect it, not to mention it be people you can completely trust without a doubt. "Playing with the board" as you say with someone or multiple people who think it is crap is asking for trouble. (Again, my opinion but also the general opinion of people I have come across on this topic.)

As for burning the board, I have heard differing opinions when it comes to that. Some people have told me that absolutely you burn the board to destroy it and it's the only way to get rid of it, whereas others strongly warn against doing so because it supposedly releases the spirits/entities permanently into our realm and then it's pretty much impossible, if not completely impossible, to get rid of them. I have also heard that you tear the board into seven pieces, sprinkle the pieces with holy water, and then bury these pieces in a location that is away from where you had used the board. Some also say merely saging the board to cleanse it is a good enough solution. Really, I've heard so many differing opinions that I believe it's impossible to distinguish which is the true solution to such matters. However, there are certain precautions that you should be using before partaking in a Ouija session, which I'm going to assume you never did. Did you ever think to envision a bright white light of protection surrounding you before, during, and after the session? Did you say prayers of protection before and after? Did you have sage present for cleansing? These are just some of the things I've been told and have found to help when I've held sessions. I'm not trying to press upon you that you HAVE TO DO THIS because to each their own and I'm not your keeper. LoL. But I figured it would only be right that I offered my suggestions while I was at it. 😉

Question time...

Do you still currently partake in ouija sessions? Or are you merely recounting past experiences and no longer do such a thing?

I know you said you would play with the board at your cousin's house, but did you personally ever experience anything that you believe may have been a result of your actions with the board? Any personal experiences outside of your cousin's house?

Lastly, the picture of the white figure that your cousin took on his cellphone... What exactly lead him to believe that it looked like a slave from a long time ago? Were there any defining features of this figure that would cause him to come to this conclusion?

Thank you for sharing your story with us and to keep from making this post even longer than I've already made it, I'll leave you with the thought that you may go check my profile page for one of my accounts of a personal Ouija experience titled "He Wouldn't Take No For An Answer"...if you wish to that is. LoL 😉

Good luck!
Adri96 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
I don't think you burn a ouija board I herd you need to rip it into 7 peaces and berry it like a couple of inches under neath the ground
XxxshadowxxX (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Hello,
I have a Ouija board and I use it very often. There are very strange things that happen in my house. For example I hear banging on the walls, I see shadows out of the corner of my eye, and I get really cold all of a sudden then it just vanishes. Once when I was doing some work in my room I was very concentrated on what I was writing then I heard a little girl laugh into my ear. I ran out of the room, terrified. At your cousins house you say there are weird things going on maybe you have released the spirits into the house. Did you ever take your fingers off of the eye when you were using the Ouija board? And you can never trust what the spirits say. They almost always lie. Especially demons they are always lying. I would ask them a question then ask them if they were lying and they would move the eye to "yes".

XxxshadowxxX
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
im sorry but, sterhawk123... Evil & sinful is bad. Demons & the enemy want us to DIE. Uuuhhhgggg! Sorry everyone but that just made me so upset. How are some people so misled?!

Anyway thanks for the story & I'll pray for you! & you sterhawk... 😆
sterhawk123 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
OnlyTruth... Nothing's bad nothing not even evil demons it may be evil or sinful but not bad...
Marlean (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Well, using the Ouiji board just invited unwanted visitors into your house. The problem with Ouiji boards is that it's always the nasty spirits that play along. Why? Because by turning you into a superstitious believer, you are now aware of them, which could potentially make you paranoid or afraid. They feed on negative emotions. See their motivations? They're not going to give you lotto numbers because it will make you happy. But they will answer all your psychic questions so long as it feeds your fear of them. Take my advice: get rid of the board! Burning it won't make them go away. If anything, burning it will only make you feel happier, which will be the real deterrent that gets rid of them. Try to forget about Them and be positive. They'll hate that. Good luck.
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Yeah its weird they rejected the story in the first place lol.

Its not like we continuously called upun these bad spirits. It was pretty much for fun, but lots of times it would seem like a good spirit, then it would start showing its real side.

Another reason I kept doing it is because the first few times I used a board, I always thought someone was moving the pointer and I never trully believed at first
Kericho (17 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
I can't believe this website would have rejected your previous story for lack of proof. Almost no story ever posted on this website offers any proof.
Hazey22 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Hi Only Truth,

Thanks for sharing that us.

Before I say anymore I do have a question:

If after the first time you used a Ouija board you found out that the contacted spirit turned out to be a demon, Why do you continuosly call upon spirits even when you expect them to be evil?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hazey22

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: