You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadows Moving

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows Moving

 

It was a normal saturday, except for the fact that everyone in the house had gone out (there are 9 people that live in the house, brothers, sisters, parents) so everyone being out at the same time is very rare. I was watching some tv in the family room and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a shadow come through the door, so I turned around, and sure enough there was no one there. The next day I stayed home from church because I wasn't feeling well, this time I was in the living room laying on the couch reading, when I looked up and saw something short (about 2 feet tall) run across the kitchen, I just assumed the cold medicine was making me wonky and that it must have been my white shepard, so I got up and walked around the house, calling her name, only to hear her bark back her greeting from the back yard, and no, we don't have a doggy door.

This happened a few years back, since then, we have moved but these things seemed to have followed us, because everyone in my family has seen either one or the other.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, redlily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Reports like this one always leave the question--What's causing the activity?
Still not personally clear on what exactly attracts these entities, these shadow entities.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
I noticed that you mentioned you go to church, I would have to say to follow your heart and read some scripture outloud, preferably some psalms, try 91 for starters and ask the Lord to cleanse and bless your house, pick up the book they shall expell demons by Derek Prince as well. It explains two types of demons, higher and lower ones. The higher ones when they touch a cross that has been blessed they look like they are being burned, which I have experienced-the lower ones come out in yawns, sneezes, sometimes out of your ears. Like I am battling major infection but the Lord keeps moving it out my left ear which I can feel like wind. Once they are out of the body sometimes they can linger around the house, pray and read your bible outloud, the word of God as you know is armor, what you could be experiencing is spiritual warfare too because you are Christian, it can be on the outside of the body, as well as spiritual warfare could and can be someone sporting around their demons and putting you through hell. You do not need a minister to perform this cleansing that is just the movies, and myth, your faith in God alone will cover you and your home, ask Him though and not the Angels, HE will provide you with the protection that you are seeking, he might send you a few of the thrones to overpower the ones lurking.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-08)
These almost sound like nature spirits, you know fairies, gnomes, and such. They have more precise names I just can't remember them. I know a lot of you are probably reading this think I have lost my mind. But I really haven't, I am just opening my mind to a possible new line of thinking. You can read more about nature spirits at the following link www.crystalinks.com/nature_spirits.html
I do believe that some of the elementals and nature spirits do exist and have been around for thousands of years. Too many cultures have them in their stories and beliefs to be passed off as not real. Just because we can not see or feel them or the spirit realm doesn't mean it isn't real. There is so much out there that happens on a daily basis that can't be explained by science or religous beliefs to pass off as hallucinations or mass hysteria or mental illness.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: