You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Spooky Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Spooky Doll

 

These incidences happened about the year 2000 in our old house in a town called Wigan, in the north of England. I must have been about six years old at the time, and each event happened one after the other within the space of six months.

The first: I went upstairs for something, but I don't remember what. There was, or at least I thought so, somebody else with me upstairs because I remember always being too scared to go upstairs at night without someone else with me at that age.

Anyway, on the landing were four rooms in a row, with mine and my brother's room being the second. I walked towards it, and saw the door was open just a little but, enough to see the wall and a small portion of the floor. The light was on and I saw a shadow move across the floor.

I thought nothing of this, assuming it to be my brother and walked inside. To my horror, nobody was there. The last thing I remember was running, terrified back downstairs to find my brother in the living room.

The second: I went upstairs again, only this time it was midday so I wasn't afraid to go up alone. I reached the top of the stairs, with the landing in front of me and my sisters' bedroom at the end about 3 meters ahead. The door was wide open and my sister had sat her dolls on the edge of her bed. I was familiar with this sight and it never bothered me before, but this time I could feel something was wrong.

There was this one doll, Sunny, that is the subject of the next three incidences. She had bright yellow hair, almost white, that stuck out in a sort of punkish way all round the top of her head, hence the name Sunny., and creepy bright blue eyes (most dolls had eyes that would shut when laid down, but Sunny's eyes had 'broken' so were always open).

Anyway, I sensed something was wrong, and I looked into Sunny's eyes. She had one of her arms pulled back behind her back, and as I looked closer, she swung her arm over her head and threw something at me.

I was scared and ran away again. I told my sister, and we went back to have a look. Sunny was still in the same position when I last saw her, and her arm was in the position of giving a salute from having thrown the object. We had a look around for the 'object' that she threw onto the landing, but I don't think she believed me as I was only six years.

The third: involves Sunny again. I and my brother were playing and we had taken some of our sisters' dolls. I had gotten over my fear of her, but believed her to be haunted. I remember being angry at her for scaring me like that and I tried to choke her with my hands.

I don't clearly remember how she reacted, but she began to shake. She didn't move any of her limbs but her head turned from the side to look at me and she was shaking fairly violently in my hands. I dropped her and I remember very well pleading with my dad and sisters to get rid of the doll.

Again, they didn't believe me and it stayed in on my sister's bed, staring at me all the time. I never went near her again after that.

The last I saw of Sunny was the scariest for me. We were in the living room watching TV when my sister came screaming into the room. She said she had been playing with Sunny when she suddenly started bleeding. She had left her in her room, and when my dad went to have a look with her I decided to come too, not being afraid with my dad there. I briefly caught a glimpse Sunny sitting on the floor in the middle of the room with blood streaming from her eyes. They sent me away as they washed it off and that was the last I saw of Sunny. As far as I know they gave her away to someone else.

The last three are clearly related but I still wonder if the shadow in our empty bedroom is. I think the shadow may have been caused by Sunny because I never experienced anything else in that house even until we moved out two years ago. I have, however had some minor experiences after moving, which I may post another time.

I said that I was only six years old at the time, so my memory will not be entirely accurate but I know for certain that what I said really happened. This may not be as scary as other ghost stories but Sunny still creeps me out when I think of her even though it's been ten years.

I was raised a Christian, and even though I am now agnostic I believe that there are spirits, good, bad, and even mixed up ones.

Feel free to ask questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, red_white_and_blue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

osnapitsDebra (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-27)
O my god that is so creepy, I would be so creeped out and probably cry. Man very creepy and scary experience for you ๐Ÿ˜จ

-Debra โค
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
That's an amazing story. I totally believe you. I hope Sunny is in a junk pile by now. Probably when the doll was bleeding, the person it represented was dying or died. I doubt your parents gave it away. Being Christians, they knew was time it was. They threw it away or burned it.
scaredofstuff (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
should of destroyed it not given it away. That doll creeps me out I got shivers just thinking about it
BatCat101 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
this story scared me a lot. I have always had a fear of dolls, and an encounter so this does not really surprise me.
dreamingfool67 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
omg I always have been a bit flustered around dolls... But sunnys eyes were bleeding!? I think the shadow must have possesed sunny! ๐Ÿ˜จ or for the logical explanation about the shadow... I don't know a shadow from a tree limb? ๐Ÿค”
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
That is one creepy doll story. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I didn't grow up with that doll!
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
>:D hey! You should had given your teddy bear to me! I like teddy bear, especially those moving one ๐Ÿ˜† I also got the same exp. Tho its just a toy on my part, I think I might post it later, haha... That would be my firs story on thing accoun, ๐Ÿ˜Š darkness has a thing for CHUCKIE? *omg* dude! Chuckie has a wife now,:DD sorry! Ajejejejeje... Anyway thanks for sharing this awesome story! Take care!

-Aya Collins
LiLyRatRox (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
betcha your scared of Chucky then! I've always been scared of dolls this makes it ALOT worse
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Scary...Me myself never loved dolls when I was a kid. Might as well destroy Sunny rather than give it away.

--x10--
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Very freaky. This could explain my husband's fear of porcelain dolls... Although his fear of my nutcracker collection is understandable lol. Thank God I have boys instead of girls! The doll stories on this site alone are enough to make me want to torch a toy store! (J/K)
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
creepy, beats the crap outta my experiences, I want that Doll though, think you could ask your parents where it went? Lol j/k I am scared to death of dolls, even unhaunted ones.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Narcissa.
Although I agree that the doll likely had the potential to do harm to another unsuspecting family or individual; I highly doubt this author was designated to decide what to do with it, at the age of six years old. It may have been a "stupid act" but it was obviously not left up to the author to decide.

Lou
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Narcissa.
Although I agree that the doll likely had the potential to do harm to another unsuspecting family or individual; I highly doubt this author was designated to decide what to do with it, at the age of six years old. It may have been a "stupid act" but it obviously was not left up to the author to decide.

Lou
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
This story seemed to bring back memories from my child hood - spooky as I don't remember any of mine or my sisters dolls moving. But the part you mentioned where she through something at you really related to me. Does that make sense? I don't even think it makes that much sense to me...
We also once had a clown doll that none of us liked as it used to laugh in a wicked way when you pressed it's tummy. We sold it on a car boot outside our house to a random guy driving past in his car?
Have you ever reminded your dad of the doll and asked what happened to Sunny?
Georgie252 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
This story is bloody freaky! And just confirms to me, if I ever have kids, not to buy them dolls! Eeek! ๐Ÿ˜จ
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
you did a very BIG mistake by giving away that doll... Indeed it was a stupid thing to do. What if its tormenting someone else's home the same way as it did you? You should've broken or burnt it... Done away with it in totality.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
๐Ÿ˜† I like how you choked the doll in revenge hahaha I guess she got you back with the bleeding and stuff, I haven't read a lot on haunted dolls but as scary as they sound I couldn't help laughing. I'm glad you got rid of it and I hope shes not scaring any other poor kids! ๐Ÿ˜Š
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Haahaha thanks Granny I told you not to tell anyone about my fondness for Chuckie now everyone knows LOL ๐Ÿ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
RW&B: Don't let DARKNESS fool you, he has a thing for Chuckie! LOL ๐Ÿ˜†...

I think you're parents were finally convinced HUH?...Good thing they got rid of it ๐Ÿ˜Š

Good story, thanks for posting! ๐Ÿ˜Š
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
There was an article a read about a doll that is creepy. An advice there was to take the doll out of the house and poke its eyes making it "blind".

โค
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Geez I hate dolls! That must have been horrible to have witnessed did you ever find out what it threw at you? Obviously something is attached to Sunny. It would be interesting to find out how your sister aquired this doll could shed some light on to why this happened.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
rosesarered (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Wow. That would of freaked me out. My paternal grandmother used to have her porcelain dolls sitting on shelves and I couldn't be around them at night because they would be staring down at you. Really freaky.
desiressx3 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
weird... You know one time when I was about 6 or 7... I had gotten a brand new doll... I had a strange feeling about it coming home... When I got home I started playing with it... When all of a sudden it started opening and closing its eyes, also shaking violently... It freaked me out. Then I wrapped the doll in a paper bag and threw it out. ๐Ÿ˜จ
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Creepy it reminds me of something that scared me about my teddy bear! I had my teddy on my bed and I was just sitting looking at it. Then I realized I seen It's stomach moving up and down as if breathing. I was freaked now but I couldn't stop looking at it! While watching, a few times I heard faint breathing noises... Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore! I threw the teddy bear and ran out of my room. That's the only time my teddy bear had "done anything" but I have gotten over it now...
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Honey if you still have that horrid doll in your house
THEN BURN IT

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: