You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Bucks County Farmhouse

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Bucks County Farmhouse

 

This story is really just a series of happenings at a House my Uncle used to rent in Bucks County Pennsylvania. My Uncle, Aunt, two cousins (Zachary my age and Lacey about 11 years younger than me), and My Uncle's friend rented a large Farm house near Lake Towhee. The house was very old, I'm not exactly sure how old but probably around 100 years old (this is just an estimate) maybe older. I was 13 at the time, Zachary was 14, Blake (my younger Brother) was 12, and Lacey was about 2. I am 22 now and I still highly believe that what happened to us was real, and so do those involved.

The First strange things that started happening probably a month into them moving in, was when Lacey started waking up and standing at the foot of her Crib and speaking (in her little toddler speak) to nothing. It was strange at first we could hear her from downstairs (my Aunt baby sat my brother and I so we were there very frequently), but Zachary and I started to get curious. We would try to sneak up the stairs (which was hard because the stairs would creak) and peak into her room; it didn't matter because Lacey was so focused on the blank wall in front of her that she wouldn't hear us come in. She would speak to the wall like she would speak to one of use.

This went on for a few weeks until she started screaming, not angry baby screams, but screams of terror. She screamed all night the first night, she didn't sleep a bit (this is what I was told by my aunt and Uncle, I didn't normally sleep over). So after the 3rd night they moved Lacey into their room and she slept well, this wasn't strange, we thought maybe she suddenly didn't like sleeping without her parents.

So after a few nights of sleeping soundly they ended up switching her room with Zachary's and her never displayed the odd behavior again. Zachary slept well in Lacey's old room, but he would tell Blake and me about the footsteps and creaking floorboards he heard at night that would keep him awake. My Uncle would just say that it was just the sounds of an old house and Zachary would get used to it soon, he never did.

That was only the beginning, which was preschool compared to the things we would soon discover in the barn out back. My Aunt and Uncle had been living in the house for about 3 months by the time Blake, Zachary, and I mustered up the courage to go inside the Barn out back. We weren't really allowed in the barn it wasn't part of the rental agreement, it stored all the previous owner's furniture and belongings (previous owners died and their children rented out the house). It was huge, downstairs was stalls for cows, and upstairs was a big room and a few smaller ones.

The doors to the barn were all locked and the windows were very old and did not open. So we found a ladder that lead to a door in the floor that could not be locked, so we climbed up into the top of the barn. It was very dusty and pretty dark but we could see well enough. We discovered that we left footprints in the dust; nobody had been up here in a very long time. We ventured into the next room, this was a semi large room and it was very dark, no windows in this room, we could still see pretty well. That's when we saw the shadow, it was a dog's shadow, projected onto the wall by a non existent light, we were able to follow the shadow down the wall to the floor and across the room, 10 feet away from us, but where the shadow stopped, where the body casting the shadow should be, there was none.

We stared wide eyed, all three of us and tried to say something, but then the shadow moved, and we ran. We ran back the way we came and I was the first one to the ladder, down I went, Zachary was next but he didn't make it halfway down the ladder before we heard Blake Scream. We both rushed back up the ladder to see him on the floor crying because a pipe just happened to fall directly into his path, "clothes lining" him. Even more terrified now Zachary and I grabbed Blake and guided him down the ladder.

Now at my current age I understand how one's imagination in combination with one's straining of their eyes, to see in the dark, can create figures in the shadows. But we all saw this thing, and there was no need for any of us to point it out, we all saw the same thing in the same place, we all quietly confirmed that the other two saw what was there. Later after this story we did all confirm that we saw the same thing. I keep on replaying this moment in my head, and it's almost like it happened yesterday.

Blake wouldn't go back into the Barn, and we decided not to tell our parents because we weren't supposed to be in there. But Zachary and I were determined to find out what was happening, so we went back into the barn, probably a week or two later, armed with flashlights, and large sticks (it makes me laugh to this day that we thought we could battle whatever apparition was in that barn with sticks). But we were brave and we weren't afraid of a shadow, so we went in there and it was just like we left it, scary dark and dusty. We started to get scared as we moved into the room where we witnessed the shadow of the dog. So as young boys often do, we combated our fear with insults, we lobbed every swear word we knew into the darkness, and then began challenging the dog shadow. We were victorious, after several minutes of verbally attacking this entity it hadn't shown itself, that's when we heard the sound.

It sounded like a Piano just one note, and instantly we were quiet again. So we moved into the main room, this room had windows all over it and it was pretty bright, this was where the bulk of the furniture, and what not, was stored. We heard another note, a different one and we followed the sound, as we got closer we heard the noise more and more often. We stood in front of a door now; we could tell that the sound was coming from inside this room. So I slowly opened the door as my cousin raised his stick, ready to beat an incorporeal entity back to death, I pushed the door open and Zachary rushed in, me close behind him. There was nothing but a Piano, we both froze as we felt something move in between us, touching each of us on the shoulder as it passed, the touch felt as cold as ice. Gooses bumps made their way to the surface of our skin; we didn't move or say anything for what seemed like an eternity. Finally Zachary said, "Did you feel that?"

I replied, "Yes we should leave,"

He said "not yet." He finally began to move and examine the piano, which like everything else was covered in dust, he pressed a key and it made a sound, but when he lifted his finger there was a large spot in the dust where his finger had been, we looked at the piano and saw no more finger prints like his own. That's when we decided we had to get out of there.

We have since told our parents of our adventures in the barn, and to our surprise, all of our parents had their own ghost stories. All of them very similar to the ones I have already described. I am trying to get them all to post their stories up, and if they do not, I will post up their stories as my own. I will do my best to record them accurately.

We never went back into the barn, we were far too scared, but the Barn was not the only place Haunted here. There was a shed across the driveway from the house, it was small and my Aunt and Uncle used it for storage. Zachary, Blake and I ventured into the shed from time to time; we would play with our action figures in there, mainly because it was the coldest place on the property in the summer time.

Even on the hottest days the shed was cold, so cold that we would wear thing jackets while playing in their. We never experienced anything in the shed in person, but we did go in one day to find the entire thing turned upside down, everything that was being stored in there was thrown all over the place, boxes opened and emptied, fragile things smashed, it was a wreck. We immediately told My Aunt so that we were not blamed, and she told us that somebody tried to rob us. But the lock was not forced and neither of the two windows could open and neither of them was smashed. So later, after my Uncle came home, He and my aunt decided to reorganize the shed, everything was accounted for, they decided not to report this to the police.

The last highly memorable experience at the house was at the old pool/pond thing. We weren't really sure what it was it was made out of stones, but it had fish in it and plant life, like reeds. It had an old Pump system in it as well, so we called it the pool/pond thingy, this was at the bottom of the property near the creak. We would fish there pretty often, we only caught sunny's but it was fun and it was something to do (the country is really boring sometimes). One day Blake and Zachary decided to screw around with the pump thing, and inside it they found a key, an old skeleton style key, and instantly they began fighting over it.

I was watching our poles for fish and shaking my head at their stupidity. Then Blake fell into the pond/pool thingy, it wasn't very deep but he scrambled to get out of the water anyway, swearing all the way. Zachary and I couldn't stop Laughing; in the humor I abandoned my post at the rods. Blake was very angry and he was cursing us out, then he cried, "hey you got one", we turned around and sure enough my pole was bending in half, then it shot off into the water. We all looked at each other; the water was far too shallow for anything big enough to pull my rod into the water. We had no idea what was going on, and we didn't intend to find out.

We reported the incident to my uncle, and he insisted that in some parts of the Pool/pond thingy the water was much deeper, we didn't believe him but he told us that their could be a musky in there. At the time I didn't realize that it would be impossible for a musky to survive for long in a habitat that small. Anyway we convinced him to come down with us to help find the rod. But the rod was there at the bottom of the other two fishing poles, he laughed at us and told us we were just crazy kids and to stop screwing with him. We all walked back up to the house, poles in hand, mine was dripping wet...

Hope you liked my stories, they are all true, and I would like to get some of my family to make an account for the sight, that way these stories can be confirmed. I'm sure there are paranormal entities out there; these stories are not the only experiences I have had. Ever since those days I have been fascinated with finding haunted Places. I lived in a Haunted house with some of my friends, and believe me some scary things happened there. I found a Haunted House on a mountain with an ex girlfriend of mine, and I had a dream about my cousin's death as he was dying from an overdose. I will Post all these stories as well, Please tell me what you think, I am eager to hear your opinions.

Other hauntings by BrandonCR

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrandonCR, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

esther91 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
Wow those stories chilled me to the bone. I know when I was that old I would have been too chicken to go to the barn Thanks for sharing.

❤ Esther
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
I gave him my email address, and I could try the home and garden tactic, but I doubt it would work, seeing as you can't even trim the hedges there (Reference to my second story) I hope they contact me, and if they don't believe me I haven't given up on that place.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
I try; laughter is usually what I aim for. 😉 Glad to see it got across.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Pen - Lolz! I bet they'll reconsider once they've been there long enough to see what he's seen.

Brandon - Did you leave your contact information?
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Lol, I think I would have made up some stuff about it being for Home and Garden magazine or something. I'll write you a cover story for your next expidition. 😉
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Thats rough, I sort of expected it though. A lot of people are skittish when it comes to pictures. Can't really blame him but at the same time it's frustrating. 😐
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
At Walmart, you can get an MP3 player that also records. I found one for class that was only $20 (which went into the ghost hunting kit instead LOL).
This recorder has the ability to hook up to the computer. Good luck and happy hauntings to you! 😁
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Thanks for the Suggestions, But the guy who is living at the house right now, doesn't want me taking pictures. He thinks I'm insane, but I did find out that his family just moved in a few months ago. I will go back in a few weeks or months and ask again, maybe by then he will have experienced some of the things I did, and maybe he won't think I'm so insane.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
I would definitely go with you if I had the money to fly down. I would love to go and take pictures, maybe catch something weird. My camera the other dat, when I was trying to take pictures of my dad's garden, was trying to autofocus on something that was not there. I have suspicions on what it may have been, but I have to get around to writing those accounts down.

Anyway, I digress. Even a digital camera with a video function would help you out, Brandon. In fact, it could be perfect, working just as a camcorder would.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Brandon-
See if any of your friends have a normal digital recorder. You don't have to have a special kind, yes some work better then others, but if there is something to catch a normal recorder can catch it.:)
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Wrote up My next story, but the sight won't let me submit anything right now, it's driving me crazy, sorry had to get that out there.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
I would like to do an evp, but I don't really have the equipment for it, I just wanted some pictures so people could see the property, I will look into evp equipment though.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
These are amazing accounts. You should ask them if they've had any experiences and see if they'll allow you to do an EVP session in the barn.

A lot of people are touchy about pictures but might be accomidating for something like that.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Now wouldn't it just be the luck - you show up to ask this family if you can take pictures, only to find it's been abandoned since you guys stayed there? Personally, that would be MY luck, and I would cry, laugh, then take pictures.

Don't forget to bring a friend with you. As I'm sure we all learned in grade school - Always use the buddy system!

Happy hunting! ❤
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Thank you all for the input, we believe the key belonged to the barn but like I said we never went back in the Barn, and My Uncle Moved several years ago after Zachary graduated so I don't think I will be going back there any time soon, But Zachary still has the key.
I talked to members of my family and they read my story and they all decided to just let me post their accounts. Mainly because they don't want to take the time out of their day's, but a friend of Mine, Grace, who I lived with for a while has agreed to post some of her stories. I will write up The accounts at the Farm house as told by my family soon, so keep your eyes peeled.
I am also Going to swing by the old house, I did that the other day and saw people were living there, so I am going to ask them if it is ok for me to take a few pictures of the property.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Thank you for sharing these incredible experiences with us. I enjoyed reading your story very much. Definitely going into my fav's ❤ Each and every account you described had me on the edge of my seat. I can not wait to read more. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Wow. You have a way with words my friend. I felt like I was there in the barn and at the pool/pond thingy watching this unfold first-hand. Great account, and like everyone else, I can't wait to hear more from you.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
BrandonCR: This was a great story very well written, the home obviously has a lot of history to it. I agree with Granny what was that key for that's very intriguing indeed, the pond sounds as if it is hiding some secrets. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Brandon: This was an awsome story, and I'm looking forward to reading more from you! 😊

Did you ever find out what the key was for?...That's kind of spooky...

Thanks for posting!
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
That there is some really good experiences and as a child you percieve more and see more, Your detail and recall are really good. Really enjoyed these so thanks for the read.

~Shadead.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
That was an awesome account! I really enjoyed reading your story and I hope to see more accounts from you and your family!
Happy hauntings to ya'! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: