You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Green Face

Real Ghost Stories

The Green Face

 

This happened to me when I was about 3-4 years old. I remember like if it was yesterday.

My parents and I were living in a 3-bdr/1-btr house. It was a in a nice neighborhood and in a cul-de-sac. Well, like many children around my age, are always afraid to sleep alone in the dark. So my mom started sleeping in the same bed with me until I fell asleep, then she would go back to her room with my dad.

Well, on one of those nights my mom said she would lie down next to me later, but forgot and fell asleep with my dad. Not wanting to wake her up, I decided to just be a big girl and sleep by myself. When I was sleeping, I heard my name being called. It was in a whisper. Like if it was trying to get my attention. It said my name again. I opened my eyes, and right there at the entrance of my closet, I see a green face. It was floating, and it whispered my name, again. I didn't know what to think. I just got out of bed and walked out my room still looking at it... And it was looking back at me. I go to my parent's bedroom and say "Dad, there's a green face in my closet...dad..." I was tapping his foot and my mom answered, "Good I hope it gets you": (With that, I just went to my room and it was still there. I put the covers over myself and put the pillow over my head. Nothing else happened that night...

I don't know what it was but I wasn't really scared or anything. I just think it was there and wanted me to acknowledge it. I never saw it again. Thanks guys for reading.

Other hauntings by Sourmoonfruit

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sourmoonfruit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
In my other comment when I typed asleap I ment asleep, when I typed sleap I ment sleep. I can't believe I did that.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Wow the one time your mother forgets to lay with you until you fall asleap, you decide you'll be a big girl and sleap alone and something HAS to happen to you. I'm glad you weren't realy scared and that nothing else happened. But it must of felt like a slap in the face, here you are trying to convince yourself there's nothing to be concerned about then find out YES you DO need to be concerned! I hope nothing ever bad happens to you. Maybe it just wanted your attention.
jennytrolard (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
to: tronald

EXACT same thing happened to me when I was in the 4th or 5h grade. I had just taken my shower in my parents bedroom and I put my clothes on and was blow drying my hair. I turned around to see what the time was because I had school the next day and I wanted to know if it was time for me to go to sleep. I somehow glance at the window and I see a green face, staring at me. The green face was really scary though, it was pure green and almost looked like it was kind of decaying or drooping down the things face. I only saw it face too. It also had red eyes. I was shocked and I couldn't even scream. Literally the most terrifying moment of my life. I think about it everytime I take a shower, everytime I'm next to a window. Its that frequent.
Tronald (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
I experienced the exact same thing when I was about 9 or 10. I was getting up one morning to go somewhere with my dad and I saw it (the green face) staring in the window from outside. I ran to the other room after staring at it for a few seconds and then when I came back it was gone.

I was reading a fictional comedy book that made a reference to a floating green face so it brought the memory back up. I googled to see if anybody else had the same experience and it seems you are the only other person...it's strange, I wonder what it was or what it meant?
Sourmoonfruit (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
shadowphile13: Your prob right, but I believe what I saw was real:P It didn't do anything to me. I wasn't scared or anything, just a bit startled.

Chopis: lol, no it wasn't... Thanks

Silvergate7: I had a night light but it was in the hallway:P

Thanks for your input guys.
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-26)
Since you were a toddler, children ages between 3 and 8 tend to have the most active imagination, but this may be real or just your childish imagination playing tricks on you. And the voice you heard was probably thoughts of what a face would say to a toddler.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Well, that wasn't very nice of your mom!, 😕 thanks for your story:)
Claudia
silvergate7 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
did you stare at the light because if you stare at the light for much too long and then see somewhere else everything you see turns to green

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: