You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Phantom House Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom House Ghost

 

I will start from the beginning, I have been surround by ghosts my whole life. Every house I have ever lived in has had a ghost or two residing in them. Most of the ghosts have never tried to approach me but have made themselves known. I will post these accounts later but there is an account in which I would like to get off my chest. At the time of this incident I was the same age as I am now. About 9 months ago my mom and I moved into my grandmother's house. My grandfather had died a few months before, leaving my grandmother a widow. We moved in to help take care of her and the house.

The first few nights where fine, then one morning I was lying in bed when I was awoken by my cat. She was looking up into the corner above my bed. She looked scared. Now I have always been able to sense spirits and whether or not they are good or bad, even though I am able to sense them I can turn on and off the sense. Well my first thought was she was looking at a bug because we had an infestation of moths in the house. When I opened myself up to it I felt a presence above my head. When I looked up a large black shadow was sitting in the corner above my head. At first the shadow just sat there, and then it began to move down the wall towards me. By this time I was out of the bed and halfway across the house. I went and got my mom, but by the time we got back into my room the shadow was gone. Although this wasn't the last we where to experience of the spirit. For the first 2 months of living there we kept having weird moments.

Seeing shadows and hearing noises was a frequent thing. My mom would see shadows moving outside her door at night. Our cats slept in her room. They would all act funny whenever she would see the shadows. The shadow never visited me again but at night I would hear tapping on my wall above my head. Then one night my mom was having a weird feeling about me, then she got a text message from my phone number saying exactly this 'Nothing is here'. The next morning my mom asked me if I had sent her a message that night. When she showed it to me I told her I had not sent it. I went into my phone and searched if the message really had come from my phone and it had. That was the last event, since then the house has been quiet. Not a single event has happened since then. I don't think it was my grandfather because he died in the hospital.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alphonse224, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
I am sorry to hear that your grandfather was evil. It may be that, if he was possesed, he may have tried to come back and make more trouble, as restless spirits have been known to do. Since you mentioned that your are a, "sensetive", it sounds like you may have a benevolent, (good) spirit, looking after your wellbeing, hence, the message on your cell phone. It seems it was trying to convey that all was taken care of, and this is why everything is back to normal. ❤
Alphonse224 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Im sorry roseinbloom but if it was my grandfather he wouldn't be looking after family members. My grandfather was an evil man. I'm not just saying that for a long time my mom and I thought he was possesed.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Alphonse224,when a human dies, thier spirit does not neccesarily stay at the place they were, when they died. They more often than naught, will attach themselevs to an item or a place that had, "meaning" to them while still alive. Hence, this is why you may hear that a piece of jewlery, furniture, etc., may be bad luck or haunted. It's possible that your grandfather, may have died elsewhere, but because he spent a long time at this house and having many meaninful experiences, that he may still be attached to this home. He might be in a sense looking after family members. 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: