You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dad's Help

Real Ghost Stories

Dad's Help

 

Some of you may have read my first story regarding the events surrounding my father's passing in April of 2006. I had put so much energy and so much of my life into helping my father, along with my mom, get better and get to his appointments, that when he passed I suffered a nervous breakdown.

I went back to work 2 weeks after his passing. I lasted a week back on the job before my emotions and life's pressure took over and I burnt out. At that point I was diagnosed as having a nervous breakdown, which they call something more "PC" these days. I spent about a month at home with my Mom just getting things in order and putting life back into perspective. I even went out and got a puppy to help take our minds of things.

These weeks that I spent at home were bitter sweet. I was home for a good portion of the summer but unable to bask in the warm sun as I did when I was younger. Instead I sat and thought and hoped and prayed and just waited to feel "normal" once again.

I began having bad dreams, nightmares if you will, and they were the same each time. There would be a different scenario in each dream but the focal point would be, me, trying desperately to save my Dad but, ultimately, being helpless and watching him slowly pass away. Knowing that I had done everything I could for my Dad, this was upsetting and I wished that the dreams/nightmares would subside.

I spoke to my Dad every night and I prayed for a sign that he was proud of me and these dreams were just a subconscious wish that I could have done more.

It was finally time to head back to work. After a few days of being back I realized that my position was way too stressful so I decided to apply for another position inside the company. That night I went home to prepare my resume. I kept it on my little Sony flash drive. As I settled down to freshen up my resume, my flash drive was gone. It was in none of its former homes and I tore the house apart.

I finally gave up and decided to go to bed. I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, and I said to my Dad in my mind "If you aren't busy up there tonight, can you please help me find this thing because I need a new position..." After brushing my teeth, I went into my room to get my clothes together for the next day and then -BANG- suddenly something hit me and told me to check the pockets of my jeans. Now it was late summer and I had not worn my jeans in at least a month or more. As I debated this in my head I got a cold, yet soothing, chill down my back. I decided to check my jeans. I tried the right pocket and it was empty. Thinking how foolish I was being I tried the left pocket. Guess what was in that pocket? My flash drive. I felt so comforted and freaked out at the same time, I dropped my pants and ran outside to gather myself :)

What an amazing feeling. My Dad was ALWAYS there for me, and I guess he still is.

Other hauntings by bleck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bleck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
Bleck, I commend you for how far you have come since the moment of initial shock. How fortunate you were able to pull yourself away enough to translate your dream into what it really was, something positive. I am sorry for your loss and what you went through in the aftermath of it all, but I believe it made you stronger. Bless you, and thank you for this story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I felt conforted reading it.

It is truly amazing the abilities our loved ones will take to show us they are at peace and that they love us.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
hi I enjoyed reading this story I had something like that just something telling me a story in my dream then that story repeated in real life. How strange! I guess it was someone helping me. Family relatives and friends do watch us after they have passed away they can warn us about things. They want us to be happy because if we get upset over them they will get upset as well. They don't want us crying they want us getting on with life. Its hard for them as well seeing us everyday seeing how we get on and that. We will never ever forget our friends and loved ones who have passed away they will always be in our heart. I think it could of been your day who told you it was in your pocket because some can be telepathic cause ghosts can be. You received the message. Hope I helped thanks for sharing your story I enjoyed reading it
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
Bleck I think it is true that when we love someone with all of our being it becomes unbearable to watch them pass. I watched my own daughter pass and I relate to your story. And like your father, my daughter watches over me. And like you it frightened me and also helped me. Do you cherish your experience now? I hope it comforts you!
bleck (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Shane,

Unfortunately, it did take some time to understand the dreams. But I am a stronger person now and when I have the dream occasionally still I am able to deal with it.
bleck (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
dreamy1,

It's a great resource having my Dad looking down and helping. However, I lost my flash drive again... I didn't ask him to help me find it. He would have told me I should have been more carful. :)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-20)
Hello Bleck,

At least you understood the meaning of your dreams. That in your mind you wished there was more you could have done to help your father even though there probably wasn't much more you could have done. I believe that our loved ones who have passed on watch over us and try and help us in any way they can. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
dreamy1 (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-20)
"What an amazing feeling. My Dad was ALWAYS there for me, and I guess he still is..."

I feel the same way. I also ask my late father to help me find stuff and it always works. I know he is always with me no matter where I go or what I do. I have no doubt I will see him again. It's a comfort to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: