You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Random Conversations That I've Overheard

Real Ghost Stories

Random Conversations That I've Overheard

 

This is another story about my two year old daughter Novalee. She seems to have a gift of communicating with spirits. I've been keeping a diary of sorts since she learned how to talk. I write down everything she says that is cute and adorable and also I include the date and her age at the time. I have quite a few things that I have written down that make me go "hmmmm?" So here are some random snippets that make me think she has more than just an imaginary friend:

I was having a really busy day and Novalee just couldn't seem to behave. I put her in "time out" in her high chair and strapped her in and walked away to go check the laundry quickly. She only has two minute time outs since she is only two years old. The buzzer goes off and as I am walking down the hallway towards the kitchen I hear her jabbering away. So I stop to listen. I catch the end of her conversation. This is what I hear:

"These are all of my favorite friends! (Waving her arm as though she's Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune) What is YOUR name, friend?"

Another time, we were in bed getting ready to go to sleep. She sleeps in my bed with me. She frequently stares off at seemingly nothing and it takes a minute to get her attention. Well, that night she is nervously staring at my closed bedroom door. Her eyes keep darting back and forth between me, and the door. Finally, she says "Mommy, who IS that? What does that man want? Why is he in your room?" This is the only time Novalee has ever creeped me out with her stuff. I reassured her that she was fine but she was so persistent that somebody was in my room. Sometimes I get that certain feeling of being watched and before Novalee even said that someone was there, the air was a bit different in the room. After a few minutes of her not wanting to lie down and her not taking her eyes off the door. I finally calmly picked her up, said "Outta my way dude!" as I opened the door and we went and sat on the couch for a bit. When someone she doesn't know comes over to the house, she bugs and pesters me the same way. You know, "Mommy, who is that? What are they doing?" kind of thing. It obviously wasn't her dad because she usually just says "Hi daddy!" when she sees him. It wasn't my brother that passed away either because she hangs out with him enough to know him when he visits us. It could have been another relative that has passed away. I still don't know. She wasn't terrified, just a bit nervous. She's very shy so like I said she acts that way when strangers come over.

A few weeks later, we had another apparent visitation at bedtime. Novalee was lying next to me and I was drifting off to sleep. She kept sitting up and then lying back down. After a few times, I was getting a little annoyed so I sternly told her to lie down and stop messing around. She looked up at me and said, "But mommy, that little boy keeps trying to take my Gee Gee!" Her Gee Gee is her favorite blanket. She frequently talks about the little boy named Benjamin. I have never known anyone by that name. Benjamin is also not a character in a story that we've read or anything we have watched on TV. I still don't know where she came up with the name, unless she actually does see a little boy named Benjamin.

One of the funniest things I've heard her say was when she was in time out again. (Surprise, surprise... She IS two after all!) She has a really bad temper and has little patience. (She is sooo two!) So anyhow, I put her in her high chair for a time out and walked away. She immediately flips out into one of her "Terrible Two's Wobbler Moments" as I like to call it. When she gets that way, she hates to be bothered, even from well meaning spoilers like her grandmother who just wants to rescue her. Anyhow, so she is having a hissy and then completely stops screaming. She shuts off like a water faucet. A split second later she yells:

"Go home then! My daddy says we're busy anyways!"

I walk back into the kitchen and look at her with that "What?" kind of face and before I could ask her if she was talking to me she goes. "Him just keep on bodderin' (bothering) me." I thought to myself, OK and just walked right back out chuckling. Apparently, she told off one of her spirits.

I use the word apparently a lot because even though I believe she sees/hears/communicates with spirits, I am not a medium and can't see what she does. However, a medium told me last year that her dad is always with us. He hasn't missed a single day or event of her life. And she can see him. I would love to touch base with that medium again about my daughter's newest "friends."

Other hauntings by hippiechick83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hippiechick83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-13)
Just ran across this story in the archives! It would be so intriguing to know if the little girl still sees spirits now that she is twelve!
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
NerdyParanormalGirl, thanks so much for reading and I love, love, love your nickname... I too, am a nerdy paranormal girl. Haha 😆
NerdyParanormalGirl (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Lovee your stories... Your daughter is certainly something special 😁
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Thanks again...yeah, she's getting quite good at telling the ghosties off and nothing seems to phase her. I however, am still a little bit chicken s**t. LOL 😆
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Sounds like you have one tough little cookie on your hands. LOL I love how she told it to get lost. She sounds adorable! 😊 ❤
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
Geetha50: Thanks so much for reading and commenting. I do try to keep an open mind for the simple fact that I don't want to be the reason that my daughter loses her gift. I don't discourage it at all, but I don't really encourage it either. I just listen to what she has to say and try to comment appropriately. I figure that way, if she grows out of it on her own as some kids do, then that's what is meant to be. There's no doubt in my mind that she's a daddy's girl...she's older now and affectionately calls him "white daddy." She says goodnight to him every night etc. He's part of our everyday life as if he's physically here. It just is what it is. Thanks again!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Hey granny,
How come you are always the first ones to response to the stories? 😆

Roseinbloom,
You got a good point there about her father being there. Now, why didn't I think about that? But it could be true.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
I just finished reading your story, so I haven't had a chance to read the comments because I just had to comment. OMG, your daughter is really cute. Although, I don't have children of my own, I do have nieces and nephews and five of them from one family, so I know what it is to go though the "Terrible Twos". Especially, they are two set of twin boys a year apart and an adopted niece who is another year younger from the younger twins. Although, I love with the bottom of my heart, I am all to happy to send them home at the end of the day after babysitting them.

I am glad your daughter that has this kind of gift. Also, hats off to you for keeping an open mind to what your daughter is experiencing. Many parents would get scared or really annoyed and try to block out the gifts these children have.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
Thanks taz so much, I appreciate it. Sorry I'm so late in responding... But thanks again. I do have sooo many more stories to post and have been trying to get one written for about 3 weeks now, but it's still not finished. So I will post a new story ASAP. Thanks so much for reading and commenting. 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
hi hippechick83 just read all 3 of your storys and have to say LOVED THEM!
Hope you post more soon sounds like you have a great daughter there with a very speical gift you are so blessed thanks for adding your stories
Carl
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
LMAO! Mikey, you're such an idiot! Clowns and demonic possession and what? I'm glad you signed up just to enjoy the day. LOL Now go read some stories and ignore the clowns. LOL LOL LOL
monstermike121296 (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
clown spirit purple pants clown demon purple pants demon clown lol
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Thanks darkcookie, I'll keep that in mind. 😊 There's never a dull moment in my house anyhow 😆
darkcookie (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I think you should get in touch with the medium again too the man in the closet (ya ha ha I know) may emerge himself again but not so... Innocent meaning he could become a threat. But I don't want to scare you I'm just saying it might be something you should look into.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
hippie of course you're biased, you're allowed to be! You're her mum after all. Lol 😁

Hope to read more soon 😊
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
Darkness: Thanks again. Yes, I definately want to talk to the medium again sometime. She didn't charge me for her work and I felt guilty for that. I don't want to pester her again for awhile until I can actually pay her every penny that she deserves. But being a single mom, money is tight so someday I will check in with her for a proper reading. I have a million questions for her! 😆

Morticia: Oh yes! Novalee is a character. She is a normal kid, but a tad gifted so a bit exceptional in my eyes. Of course, that is a totally biased opinion. Lol All mothers think that their kids are amazing. Novalee blurts out a lot of funny stuff that is non-paranormal. She went to open the door on a chilly day and then changed her mind and said "It's silly to go outside! I need a hat!" 😆 She keeps me entertained for sure. Thanks for reading and commenting. ❤
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
*chuckles* I love how your daughter told the spirit to go home! Shes certainly a character is Novalee 😁 and certainly a typical 2 year old. I remember my sister at that age, she didn't see spirits but oh boy 😆

I certainly hope she continues with this she seems to have an affinity with them 😊

Absolutely lovely story
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
hippiechick83: Haha your Daughter sounds awesome well done. I think that's a great idea that you are keeping a journal of all of the differant things that she says will be a very interesting read for you and your daughter some time in the future. 😁
Good idea with regards to getting the mediums point of view again, I am in agreement with Granny regarding the other spirits she experiences, I believe are just wandering through or yes residual they don't seem harmfull either way and you mentioned Chris is there watching over both of you, that must be very reassuring. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again.

Dan
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
granny: I often wonder if she will retain her gift and have been concerned with her potentially being afraid of the things she can see. I think she'll be allright. Lol She's got her dad's Brooklyn attitude and has that Italian/Irish temper.

Good point! I never thought of something just passing through. Thanks!

Kids come up with funny things. My niece had a friend that nobody could see named Phron. That's a whole 'nother story though. Maybe someday I'll get to it.

Lotus: Thanks so much! I always appreciate Momma Props! 😊 Thanks again ❤

Sarah: I know right! Lol She let's people know what she thinks of them and has no shame doing it. Needless to say, I'm embarassed in public a lot. Lol

Roseinbloom: I agree! I think that too. For awhile, I was thinking to myself: "If she can see her dad, then what else can she see?" and was worried about her seeing things that might scare her or even worse want to harm her etc. So I think it is a good thing that if she has other "friends" that her daddy may just very well be keeping them in line.

Thanks again everyone. ❤
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
Novalee, you go girl! Lucky you, hippiechick. Never a dull moment, at your house, what with, little Nova, there with her ongoing ability to communicate with the other side. I just hope that her daddy, stays around long enough, to guide her and strengthen her God-given gift. You know just long enough that she will never be afraid of any spirits that may cross her path. As a matter of fact, that may be one of the reasons he is still so involved in her life. Maybe, he is making sure, everyone behaves themselves around his baby, until she grows stronger. Hooray for daddy! 😆 ❤
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
Thats one bossy (In a good way!) little lady! Lol Thats cute that she told that spirit off, bet they won't ever mess with her 😁
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
hey, gurl. I'm Lotus. When my oldest daughter was months old I knew she had it like I do. I was hoping not of course because I can remember the bad stuff along with the good. But it's good that you're not discouraging her. Madd Momma props ❤ Bless you & your & much love. Please keep us posted.

~LSD~
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
hippiechick: Many kudos to Novalee for telling her friend to take a hike! 😆...I hope (if she retains her gift) she's able to do that when she gets older, when they may really "bodder" her!

As far as the others go, spirits are around us all the time, they could just be passing through, or residuals...

It's interesting what you said about not knowing a "Benjamin"...Leslie always called her angel "Becky"...I have no idea where she heard that name...Well, some idea 😊

Again, great story, and thanks for posting! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: