You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Random Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Random Happenings

 

I have a few experiences that happened to me that I would like to share here and see what you guys think.

I lived in Seattle for a few years when I was a teenager, my dad moved us to Seattle after his brother died in a car accident. My uncle left behind his widow, 6 kids and his business that consisted of a tavern. His widow needed help running the business so my dad agreed to go manage it for her. The tavern was a family run business, my father managed it, and other family members worked as bartenders, waiters, cleaning crew, etc. The tavern was open until 1:30 am 7 days a week, my dad was there almost every night.

The tavern was very popular in the Latino community, on the weekends it had live music so there was a cover charge to get in. One particular weekend, my dad decided to come home early, he was exhausted so he called it a night and came home around 11:00pm.

Around 1:00am I woke up for no apparent reason, maybe two minutes later the phone started ringing, this was a time before cell phones so one of the two phones was always in my room. I remember sitting up and reaching for the phone that was on my nightstand when I told myself "I don't want to be the one told that Ricky is dead". Ricky was my 23 year old cousin that worked as security in the tavern.

The phone rang for a while, my parents never used to pick up the phone because 9 out of 10 times it was for me. My dad finally got tired of hearing it ring so he went to the living room to answer. A few seconds later I heard my dad yelling on the phone, he seemed very angry at someone, I obviously couldn't hear the person on the other side but I was thinking "dad is angry because they killed Ricky and he wasn't there to help him". I knew he had been shot in the back by a drunk customer, I knew he was dead.

Ricky had been called to the door because there was a customer that was upset he wasn't allowed in. Ricky explained to him that he had already had too much to drink and to come back another day. The guy left and about an hour later returned with a gun and shot my cousin 4 times in the back. I never told anyone that I knew Ricky was dead before my dad even picked up the phone. It is a very sensitive subject in my family and I wouldn't bring it up now. I remember my aunt, Ricky's mom, was told that he died instantly, somehow I know that is not true. I have a feeling that he knew what was happening and was really scared. I've kept this to myself for many years and I've always wondered how and why I knew this.

When my mother lived in her house in Mexico she was good friends with one of her neighbors. The neighbor was a single mom of twin daughters and one son. The kids were really nice kids, always ran errands for my mom and constantly checked up on her.

I remember that over the years when I would visit my mother (almost every weekend) I would sometimes see them running around the neighborhood, they would always greet us with a smile and a wave.

One weekend before heading to my mom's house I stopped at a local casino and was playing the slots when I looked up and I saw the neighbor's son looking at me. So, I smiled at him and instead of smiling back he quickly looked away. I thought it was weird because he was always so friendly, then I thought that maybe he wasn't supposed to be there. The legal gambling age in Mexico is 18 years old, he looked like he wasn't a day older.

After a few minutes I look up again and this time he's sitting by a slot machine, I remember he was sitting sideways and spinning his chair a little. I noticed he didn't seem to be playing, I thought maybe he was waiting on someone, he seemed to be looking out into the rows of machines. I forgot about him for a while and when I remembered him I looked up and he was gone. I just thought it was weird he didn't greet me even though it seemed like he recognized me.

That night after a little bit of gambling I headed over to my mom's house to spend the rest of the weekend. After talking to my mom for a while that night, she told me that she had gone to a funeral two days before. The neighbor's son had been killed. He was having lunch with friends and two gunmen went in the restaurant and started shooting. The neighbor's son got shot in the head and died instantly. I told my mom that it was impossible, I had seen him just a few hours ago. It was not someone that looked like him, it was him!

I was planning on telling my mom I saw him that night but she beat me to it and told me he had died the week before. I don't know why I saw him, we weren't close, he also didn't seem to want me to relay any kind of message. He was just there...

About 10 years ago I was having a meeting with my Supervisor and she excused herself to take a personal phone call. She seemed to be arguing with someone and told the person that they would talk later. She apologized for the interruption and explained to me that her mom was giving her drama about feeling sick and had driven herself to the hospital. She said that her mom would often tell her that she was sick but the doctor's always told her it was just to get attention, it always turned out she was fine. During the rest of our meeting I could not get the feeling that her mom was not okay. I told myself to stop because I said to myself "her mom is going to die". I had never met her mom but something told me that my Supervisor was going to be sorry she didn't accompany her mom to the hospital that day. After our meeting I went out to lunch and when I got back I was told that my Supervisor had a family emergency and she had to leave and they didn't think she was coming back. That's when I knew for sure, I mean I was 100% positive that her mom had passed away.

As you have already guessed, her mom died that day in the hospital. It was very shocking to her family because the lady was only 60 years old and was told she was healthy. All the times she made drama over being sick it was for unrelated symptoms, headache, stomachache, back pain etc. My supervisor took her mom's death especially hard because she felt guilty for not believing she was sick and letting her drive herself to the hospital. I knew her mom was not mad at her and didn't want her to feel guilty, her mom felt bad that she fought with her the last time they spoke. Of course I never told her this because I have no way of knowing, I just do.

Please don't think I'm crazy or I'm making this up. I know it's really out there, that is why I've never told anyone about this. I'm hoping there are people that have had something like this happen to them?

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-05)
Valkricry ~ Dang thanks - I didn't really think clairvoyance precisely covered what I was reaching for. But I really like claircognizance (though apparently spell check doesn't) it more accurately describes what I'm talking about. I don't know if this is a "gift" or not, in my case I can really say it only really happened one time, with the small boat. My mother-in-law was in hospice care and we had thought she had passed several times before. As to my sister she was recovering from open heart surgery, so again it's not totally out of the blue.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+4
5 years ago (2019-01-05)
I think the word Cuddlebear is searching for is Clairvoyance - The power to see objects or events that cannot be perceived by the senses. Acute intuitive insight or perceptiveness. A person with clairvoyance may be able to sense what is occuring in the next room, or might suddenly sense an event occuring thousands of miles away.
To be more precise, this gift is called claircognizance - or 'clear knowing'. You just KNOW something for no apparent reason.
If you're curious I located an article that lists 10 'Clairs', subheadings of Clairvoyance as it were. Many who have this gift, may find they fall under more than one: http://www.okinhealth.com/articles/10-clairsenses-intuition-emily-matweow
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hi, Cuddlebear -

I'm not sure what to call this either. I was talking to friends and family about how there is a lot of weird things going on in the world. I was in the middle of my 'speech' when I was stopped and corrected by a friend. I said something along the lines of "people dying due to climate change, hurricanes, earthquakes and that volcano that erupted that killed people and the tsunami". She asked me "what volcano eruption?". Everyone laughed and said there hadn't been a volcano eruption that killed people this year. I just laughed with them and said "well never mind the volcano but everything else is right". I had this feeling that I was right so when I was alone I went on the internet and did some research but didn't find anything. I specifically looked for volcanos in Asia but didn't find anything recent. Maybe a week or two later an earthquake and tsunami hit Indonesia and a week later a volcano erupted in the same island, a lot of people died. What do you do with information like that? Who do I tell? I thought it had already happened, I hadn't stopped to think of how I knew, if someone told me or I read it somewhere, I just knew.

By the way, I'm glad nobody got hurt when that boat overturned.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hi Jubeele -

Thank you for your kind comments. I feel so lucky and blessed to have found this group. I had been reading stories here for a few years now but never felt comfortable sharing as much as I have recently. It feels so good to share and not be judged. Maybe being anonymous helps too, not sure if I'm ready to share with the rest of the world but I do know that I feel more 'normal' and comfortable with this 'thing' whatever it is. I've always wanted to keep this part of me secret, reading the comments and advise given to me here about helping others has made me rethink the whole thing. Maybe that is why I was given this ability. I was told once by a psychic that I could learn how to use it to help others, I wasn't interested at the time. I'm still a little scared but am now willing to give it a try. In baby steps, of course. ❤
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Haven ~ Very sorry for your losses...

I am very interested in this phenomena, knowing something is happening many miles away and not having communication. I don't know if there is a word for it, many call it a premonition, but since it isn't occurring prior to the event, but rather simultaneously or even just behind the events. Perhaps Biblio can help out here...

I've had this experience several times myself, with the deaths of my mother-in-law and sister. The oddest however happened when I was in service. I was stationed on a cutter, but had been TAD'd to a school for the WRN-6. I was walking on the beach with my wife two days before I was to fly to Cuba (our base at GTMO) to meet my ship when I had the worst feeling. I felt some of my friends were in grave danger, but I could not determine who, how or where; worse I could not think of anyway I could help.

As best as I can determine at just that time a small boat deployed from my cutter, which I would have been on had I been with the ship, overturned. It had picked up too many people in distress and couldn't handle the load. Thankfully there was no loss of life.
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hi Haven,

There are many on YGS who have described similar experiences. You're not alone and please don't feel there's anything "wrong" with you.

I've a friend who has these premonitions and he has felt cursed by this, due to the sad fact that the bearer of bad news is often unwelcome. I've said to him that God, the Universe or Life gives us these abilities; they are gifts and not necessarily meant to be "evil". I believe that we are not supposed to use any of our gifts for selfish reasons or to harm others, but rather to share them and help others whenever we can.

It is difficult to come out and tell people of what you sense, especially when there's nothing that can be done to change the events. But maybe you can find other ways to be of help, like encouraging someone to go to the hospital anyway, or do something that might ease their day. We are never fully prepared for the loss of loved ones. Perhaps you are given these gifts as an 'forewarning' to be ready to help, comfort and support the bereaved.

I don't know why you saw the neighbour's son. It could a chance sighting due to your sensitivity to such things. I think he looked away because he wasn't meant to have any interaction with you. Maybe he was having a last look around while "waiting on someone", just before moving on?

Keeping a journal as lady-glow has suggested might be a good way to find out more about it. Whatever you wish to do, the decision is yours. I feel you have the heart and the strength for whatever lies ahead of you. Peace and light to you. 😊
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Hola Lady Glow - Feliz Año Nuevo!

You have no idea how good it feels to know that people have experienced the same thing I have. Just knowing I'm not the only one makes me feel somewhat normal - LOL. I don't really know what to do with this. I can't predict things at will. I have no way of knowing the winning lotto numbers. I hate the feeling of sadness and doom I get sometimes for no reason. I've been told it's anxiety/panic episodes but it's not always. Sometimes I know why I feel this way, it's like I blurt out in my head why I'm sad but the event hasn't happened yet. Most of the time it's just a matter of days or hours before the bad things happens. I keep most of it to myself so when news gets out I do tell myself "I KNEW IT!".

Thanks for reading and for your comments!
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Hi, Biblio -

You make total sense. I will need to get use to sharing what I feel with others. The feeling of knowing things just comes so suddenly, I don't dream, and don't usually get mental pictures of things (but I have). It's hard to explain, it's a feeling of just knowing. Sometimes I feel sad or scared and I 'remember' a tragic event only it hasn't happened yet. When news breaks out it's new to everyone but I've known about it for days, I do the research and find out the event just happened that day. I don't question myself because a lot of the times I think everyone already knows. Some things I know have not happened yet but I'm 100% sure they will happen, that is what scares me the most.

To answer your question, I do know a lot of non-tragic, random stuff before it happens, but you are correct, tragic events are easier to recall.

Thank you so much for your comments and advise, I really do appreciate them.

Regards.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Hi, SWS

Thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my experiences.

😁
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Hi Twilight -

Thank you so much for your comments. I do feel comfortable sharing here now, more than anywhere else. Worst than being called crazy or not believed, my grandmother told me when I was probably around 9 that God did not approve of "my problem" and that it was probably the devil that made me see or feel things that were going to happen. She would always make me pray and ask God to take away those feelings and keep the devil away from me. I always thought there was something wrong with me and didn't want anyone to know so I would just ignore it, still do.

Again, thanks for making me feel understood and 'normal'.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
'che borracho!

Haven - I'm sorry for your loss, such a senseless and violent acts should have no place amongst "civilized" people.

This is the right place to meet people with experiences similar to yours, it's not always easy to talk about premonitions, precognition and any other events related to foretelling things that just happened or will happen soon.
The good news is, you are not alone and many of the members can relate to you.

It's hard to understand and accept facts like the ones in your narrative, personally, when I have experienced something similar I have, more than once, question myself if I was supposed to do something to change the outcome of the events I have witness ahead of time, but then, when it happens is not always as clear as water.

Do you have a journal to register these events? Sometimes it helps at least to say "I knew it!". I don't think we are always meant to change what will happen.

I have had several experiences like yours, sometimes warning me of someone's passing and others about bigger events like the tsunami in Indonesia in 2004, and the earthquake in Haiti in 2010. I experience these warnings mostly in dreams so I have learned the importance of trying to write down whatever I remember about my dreams first thing in the morning. - Ha! Once I even 'read' a story in YGS and commented asking the mods why it had been published twice!

I always enjoy reading your experiences.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-30)
Greetings, Haven.

It can be a difficult undertaking, figuring out when and how to break information to other people, especially when we have no direct evidence to substantiate what we know. While some of my experiences do concern death or tragedy, I have known information that is positive or neutral too. Have you had experiences that are *not* overwhelmingly negative in nature? I think that tragic events are easier to predict because of the emotional impact upon everyone associated with the victim. There's an emotional "weight" that defies the perceived linearity of time.

Information about non-tragic events just pops into my head without warning or any upsetting empathetic backlash. If you can recall any occasions when you have just known a fact, predicted an event, or foreseen commonplace activities, then your precognition/metacognition is not limited to tragedy, it is just that tragic events are the ones easiest to recall.

I'll confess that I have no easy answers for you, as I sometimes find myself wondering what happened to people --sometimes complete strangers-- to whom I did not impart information or warnings. Those who know me very well just adapt to my occasional statements and ideas relatively calmly; this is only possible because I have made accurate statements in the past and they've learned to deal with it. Certainly, there have been times I've felt stupid for stating what I know, and I'm sure you've had that same concern, but trusting your gift is the first step in getting comfortable with it. You may wish to try imparting the information in the form of a "just in case" caution, or "I've got a feeling that..." This way, you're not asserting that you know the truth, but you have the capacity to share that truth without sounding unhinged to friends and family alike.

Time is not a linear process, Haven; all of time is/was/continues simultaneously. The average person perceives the sequential events as he or she proceeds through them; this is a very subjective view of the universe. Knowing what has happened elsewhere or in the future doesn't change the facts of the case, it's just an extra awareness of your surroundings in their atemporal/constant state.

Don't torture yourself over what you have or have not said; that way madness lies. Instead, simply accept the information and impart it to those who need to know. You'll get odd looks from time to time, but that's not a reason to stop providing helpful information to those who may need it.

Take care, Haven. You can't change the events you know will happen (or are happening elsewhere), but you can help people to be prepared when it arrives.

I do hope this made some sense; I'm typing a little later than usual.

Best, as always,
Biblio.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-29)
Hello Haven,

You're one of my favourite members here on YGS. I really enjoy reading about your experiences.

I'm sorry to hear about the death of your cousin, your neighbours son, and colleagues mother.

You have a great gift. You are very intuitive as Twighlight says and please don't hold back on sharing your experiences.

Thank you for sharing this post.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-29)
Haven, I'm so glad that you're starting to feel comfortable here to start sharing more of your personal experiences. I know you've said in the past on here, how you have had a lot of experiences happen to you in your life, that you've been told that you're crazy or isn't true, but I believe what you have told us. I couldn't imagine living with your ability to know what you know, and to have no one believe you. But I think there's many people on this site, that know exactly how you feel, and also has the same ability. I've even read others experiences on here, telling similar stories, so you're definitely not alone. I believe that you're very sensitive to paranormal things, and most likely have other things that I don't know the name for, when it comes to your special abilities. Meaning you're very intuitive. I really enjoy reading about your many experiences, and hope that you continue to feel comfortable enough to keep sharing them with us. I've had many experiences I've witnessed, that to others sound unbelievable, but I know them to be real, and luckily have had witnesses to experience them with me as well. Which is why this is the perfect site to share your experiences with, without being told you're crazy, and that it's not real. I hope to read more about your experiences soon 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: