You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Mind Pulses And Demonic Pressure

Real Ghost Stories

Mind Pulses And Demonic Pressure

 

So this happened a few nights ago around 3 days after my auntie died from a stroke. I was lying in bed next to my partner and she was asleep. I started to drift off to sleep and the next part happened to me like an out of body experience (OBE). I was still lying on my bed and I started to feel heavy like I weighed more than a ton I couldn't even lift my arms. At this point I believe I was awake but if anyone has had an OBE you know it can feel like your awake. However I couldn't lift my arms or even lift my head up. At this point I wasn't overly freaked I just assumed I was dead tired.

The next thing that happened freaked me out. I started shaking violently, my bed shook, my entire body felt like I was in a paint mixer. After this I tried to pray to god to protect me but I couldn't move my mouth I couldn't even move my lips. So in my mind I shouted "in Jesus name I command you" and before I could finish I heard a voice say "you command me?" and so I shouted again "in Jesus name I command you to leave" although it never left I started to feel a pulse from the core of my being washing over me like a light from god just pulsing through me cleaning me and my soul forcing out anything I didn't want in me or over me. I kept repeating the command. The thing tried once more to gain entry into my mind. And again I stopped it only this time I managed to stop it before it could put too much weight on me and I prayed to god to send his angels to watch over me and my partner and especially to watch over our unborn baby girl.

Does anyone know what this could have been? I think it was something demonic but something about the mind pulses made me feel like it was my auntie protecting me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scuba03, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scuba03 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
thanks all for commenting. I believe it is more related to OBE's because it happened again the other night and it felt likt I was literaly sinking out of my feet. And gaurdian dragon the little one arived safely but often she seems to stare at the cealing and just concentrate like she is looking at someone. But there is no fear and nothing scary going on so I assume it's her great grand pa on her mums side or great gran ma on my side looking in on her.
guardiandragon (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
me and my friend have looked over your story many times and have come to a slight conclusion; it could have been your aunt in a way of shaking the bed and saying;"you command me?" as if a mother telling off a child misbehaving... However, the fact of you having pain and being weighted down could have been a warning of the upmost inportance... It could be that she wishes you the best of luck in her own weird way, or it could be her warning you to stay out of trouble in which she believes you are in.
Always wishing the best,
and I pray you good health and saftey for that of you, your partner, and the new arrival! Hope to hear good news! 😁
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
not to jump to conclusions and sorry I took a while to respond but in a way it sounds like an incubus minus sexual activity... If you want to read about it you can find some things online using google... Your best bet are prayers I have had a lot of things come and go around me and prayers ALWAYS ease things or tone it down and I wouldn't exactly worry unless it became violent or happens continuously... Sometimes things like this can happen once in your entire life sometimes 2 or 3 times and never again but when it is repetitive that's when problems begin...
scuba03 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
- the girl in white I don't know much about the past history it's a late 70s to early or mid 80's house and the cops once came looking for the previous owner on weapons charges. I've never had anything this bad happen in my house.

- lauren this is my first experience with sleep paralysis. But I have felt people sitting on my bed and shaking it at times but not violently.

- DCinAZ it's not medical related I'm a nurse and a massive sook I'm at the drs heaps but I'm healthy.

- legaltidbit I have had that happen to me before but it was a old haunted hospital and whenever I closed my eyes I would have it pop up in my mind and I couldn't close my eyes it felt like it was sucking me in.

-redphx no offence but you weren't there and everybody is different I know what a stress/anxiety attack is I work as a mental health nurse. And I know I didn't have one as lately I have had no stress.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
It sounds like you had a stress induced attack. I get those too sometimes. My body shakes and jerks. It is just your body nothing paranormal about it.
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
HI Scuba03. Your experience sounds terrible. It's hard for me to say whether it's demonic or not. I myself have experienced Sleep Paralysis mixed with OBEs - a very unpleasant and scary experience. I don 't mean to frighten you but the first time I experienced an OBE, I thought it had been a near-death experience after I came out of it. I also experience the "tremors" that you mentioned. I'm not sure whether these are caused by the fear or what is happening. Apparently the body produces natural adrenaline when frightened. My Sleep Paralysis has alleviated although I do experience the occasional tremors before I fall asleep and expect an OBE to happen. I keep moving any part of my body to keep it awake, hoping to prevent the OBEs occuring. If you are worried that this is a medical matter, maybe you should see a doctor (I didn't get round to it). Although I am not religious, my Mum suggested I put the Bible beside my bed to prevent the SP and it has helped to give me some sort of comfort and the SP has not returned in a good few months (although I am not going to speak too soon). Anyway, I hope things work out well for you and all the best for the future! 😁
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
You did the right thing, you used the name above all names, Jesus. Next time say Jesus commands you! Unless you are a very strong Christian. Even the Archangel Michael, God rebuke you to the devil. Never say I, just say Jesus rbuke you, or Jesus commands you. Auntie, Grannie anyone else would not be able to help you or anyone else in this situation but Jesus. If you really want them gone quickly say the blood of Christ commands you, they can't take it and mention Jesus sending them to the foot of His cross, that really keeps them away.
legaltidbits (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
It sounds like it was demonic, I had been watching some show on youtube, and they had a picture of a Demon on there. After I saw the picture and heard this guys story, I started having nightmares, about killing, and blood. I would just close my eyes and I would see all these terrible image's in my head. I did the same thing and prayed for God to take what ever was in my mind away, and like you I felt safe and protected. I have not had those thoughts or seen the images again. These things are real, and you should never say the word Demon aloud because when you do they will come.
The-Red-Daisy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
I suggest you get some salt and spread a little of it on windowsills and especially the doorway of your room. Salt is the Lysol of the spiritual world. It keeps bad things at bay. If that thing does come back, another good tip is to say directly to it, "I am the light."

Good luck and best wishes!
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Because of the shaking I would want to eliminate anything medically. See your physician ASAP. You have to take care of yourself first, do not put this off one more day. I can't stress this enough, you have a child on the way and that child is not going to wait on you. You must be healthy physically, mentally and spiritually. No excuses, first you eliminate any medical concerns. Then you work from there. I hope and pray everything will be fine, and why shouldn't it? Think positive thoughts... 😊
Antoinette (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Wow, that's terrible!:0
Anyway, I would like to ask a few things about this to people, well... People that know well about this. And umm... Please, I'm not a Christian, I'm just a spiritual person that's all ^^ my email is in my profile...
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
have you had any experiences before or was this a first? Most definitely it seems like it was something negative but your prayers and faith in god is what protected you so thank goodness for that and hopefully it doesn't happen again... If you would like to try something simple at any new age store or even online you can purchase white sage and by burning white sage in all rooms of the inside of your house and the outside and saying a cleansing and protection prayer usually helps and when I say usually I mean my friends and family who have done it... When you are done burning it in and around your house and said the prayer leave your doors and windows open for a while so that anything inside can be released...
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Wow, that is scarey-it actaully answered back? That's just scarey.
Yes it definatly sounds like a demon, by the way that it answered back to you, the sleep paralysis, and the violent shaking of the bed.
Do you know anything about the house or previous owners, whether they felt anything? Or about the neighbourhood, that might help.

Just curious, did your partner not feel this presence?

What you went through when you were feeling pressure and couldn't move, that's Sleep Paralysis, and yes I've experianced it and it is horrible.

Im not religious myself but reading the other comments on this site it's recommended that you get the house blessed:

Start with your room and bed, with holy water, and probally get a preist to speak words in the name of God, and yes ask for his protection for you and your partner.

Hope this helps, and give an update, good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: