You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dark Presence Hovering Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Presence Hovering Over Me

 

Two years ago, my mother came home from school (she's a high school teacher) pale and tired. I was told that one of her students (religious Christian) had a demonic-like episode in class. This student's eyes were rolling back and she started to scream in what other students told my mother was "tongue" or Ancient Latin. Her original sweet voice had changed into a dark harsh voice and she was pointing at people as she was saying certain things. I found it creepy. VERY creepy. My mother was uneasy the rest of the evening and she didn't want to talk about details or even mention the story again. I was a little weirded out as well because many people have told us that there is a negative vibe in our home and that evil spells have been cast upon our family as a whole and our home. I don't necessarily know if I believe in this stuff... Even after what happened to me that night. Is it psychological? Is it an entity from another world? Some insight would be great!

Half-way through the night, I awoke to find myself staring at the door. It was closed. I saw a tall dark figure (I feel like it was cloaked) standing/floating near the door. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things so I continued to stare at it. I felt my heart racing. I closed my eyes and reopened them and saw the figure getting closer. I then looked up to the ceiling and closed my eyes. I now felt like the presence was completely hovering over me (either leaning over from beside my bed or literally above me). I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. My chest sank and I couldn't take a breath as much as I wanted to I felt all this weight on my chest. Almost like I was choking for air but nothing was actually touching me or my neck. Just my chest. I could not move. I wanted to scream for help or get up on the opposite side of the bed and run. My eyes were completely closed. Eventually I said to myself I need to gather the courage and try to get passed this thing. I said a prayer in my head and counted to 3 and somehow managed to get up and run into my sister's room (where my mom was sleeping as well - we were all a little scared). I closed the door and huddled into the bed with them heaving trying to catch my breath and crying. I do not suffer from nightmares. I felt like the presence was around for another 10 minutes waiting at the door. I kept saying a prayer in my head.

I realize after reading a few posts that I probably should have told it to leave and never come back. I have no idea what it was, but it was not a pigment of my imagination. This was real. This experience has bothered me for the last 2 years and I am often unable to sleep fearing that I might go through something similar or worse.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angel_lia_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
angel_lia_: I am curious to know what the student was saying but I suppose we may never find this out, either must have been a frightning experience for your mother. The second thing I would like to know is why do you think evil spells have been cast on your family and home?
The negative energy you feel in this home may very well attract these sort of entities this is right up there alley. And of course there is always the case of sleep paralysis, which symptons do coincide with what you experinced. Just a thought, look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
TechNinja (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
My brother had similar experiences when we were growing up, same with people who have stayed with us.
For me its as if I'm being forced out of my own body, like something is pushing its way in.
My brother isn't scared of it at all, he says he just let's it in. I can't help but think that is the wrong thing to do.
I'm not scared of these things either, but I definitely don't think its good to just stand by and do nothing.
DasherFlip (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
my friend talked about when he wakes up sometimes something is choking him and he can't move but what I don't understand is why he didn't sound scared
TechNinja (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
I've never seen a "demonic episode", but I have seen and experienced the shadowy figures and inexplicable pressure.
Many call this sensation "sleep paralysis" as it is a scientifically proven fact, when your body is still asleep but your mind has become fully aware. Unable to move, the feeling of being heavy and sometimes even unable to breathe. It makes sense if you think about it.
The problem is many people dismiss this as just that. I think there are differences between sleep paralysis and whatever it is that haunts us.
There were a few times where I felt so threatened, that I was struggling to breathe, like I hadn't taken a breath in more a less a minute, I couldn't move and all I could see and feel was this unnatural darkness floating about me, and an immense pressure on my upper body. My limbs failed me, and not like they were asleep, but like something was holding them down.

I want to submit this experience as a story, so I'll stop there.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
very interesting... The student your mother witnessed. I wonder, does this student have anything at all to do with your home or family? I ask, because you sort of rolled both things together like there is/was a connection. Were the two incicents totally seperate?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: