You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: In the Company of Orbs

Real Ghost Stories

In the Company of Orbs

 

When I was about 7, I used to see this orb. It was a dimly lit ball of light, about the size of a grapefruit. I saw it every single night for about 2 months. I could watch it for about 5 minutes or so, before it would disappear. It would stay within 10 feet of my bed. Sometimes, it wouldn't move much at all, and other times it would move slowly across the room.

One day, I asked my dad if he would sleep in my room so he could see it. That night, the ghost appeared within 2 feet of my face, I was scared at first but then gazed into it for about 10 seconds, I only saw light slightly moving inside, nothing particular. But I nudged my dad awake, he was half asleep an rolled over with his elbow outstretched, and hit the ghost by accident. The ghost disappeared and never came back.

I moved to my mom's house and when I was about 14, I was awakened one night in a panic, for no reason, drenched in sweat and saw a large orb at the end of my room, oval shaped like 3 feet long, and it was there about 4 seconds before disappearing.

I'm 23 now, I would like to see the ghosts but I'm actually really scared of them because they always appear at night for some reason after I'm already asleep, and it scares you when you wake up, wondering how long they been watching you. I think in some ways I have blocked them out somehow since it's been so long now since I have seen one.

How can I go from seeing one every night to none at all for like 9 years now? I'm kind of curious about them and scared at the same time. If it is indeed because of mental walls I have made against them, or something, I would like to work on removing them and getting another chance to see one. Or maybe it was just the house I was living in, I'm not sure.

One time in the same house, 3 other people saw the same ghost at the same time. We were all playing around in the living room, and out of fun I blurted out "look a ghost is coming out of my brother's room!" Wveryone looked and laughed because they knew it was a joke but sure enough, a ghost started coming out of my brother's room!

We all ran out of the house. But that goes to show it must have heard or been watching us because it responded to what I said. Weird huh?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pamela, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
I saw a size of a grape fruit orb there were 2 of them they went purple then red then purple. Interesting things they were. I have seen 2 ghost in this house the 3rd one was a little girl only I could hear but not find her. I have also seen a massive white orb which came from the wall and blinded me for 2 seconds. I enjoyed reading your story thanks for sharing it with us. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: