You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The White Mist

Real Ghost Stories

The White Mist

 

This is my 2nd story on this site, and it happened on my 9th birthday (I'm now 21). This happened in my mum's house, which I think may be haunted by a friendly spirit, as numerous things have happened there, mostly small things, but they happen quite a lot. It's not the most interesting story but it was my first big experience and the first time I truly believed.

I had my best friend to sleep over and we were both talking into the night, like girls do at that age. The light was out and we were sharing a bed. Then after a while, I noticed a white mass hovering in a corner near the ceiling. It was quite bright, although it didn't light up the room, and it wasn't transparent, it was rather thick, like fog and couldn't see my wall behind it. It didn't appear to do anything, it just hovered there for about 5 minutes. I said to my friend "Do you see what I see?" and she suddenly ducked under the covers and started to shake. I took that as a yes and continued to watch it, but it slowly faded away. I didn't feel scared or threatened by the experience, just curious. My friend however, was quite freaked out.

Was this a ghost or some other entity? Anyone had a similar experience?

I never saw the white mist again, but I have since seen other things such as balls of light, shadows and orb type things, also in my home, and many things in other places too.

Thanks for reading :)

Kneeley

XxX

Other hauntings by McKnee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, McKnee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Debbie5612 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-14)
I have had a similar experience about a year ago. The only differences I had was that I was alone and I contentiously saw the mist or cloud, I never felt as if it would harm me, but I found myself quite paralyzed when I saw it. Although I have seen it I cannot tell you what it is or what it wants, I am just as clueless as you are... Hopefully it helps you though. 😁
BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Actually, the white mist, the orbs, and shadows are friendly ghosts. So there is nothing to be afraid of. Now if it was a black mist, don't go back into the house! 😨
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
hi I have had my room going all white like white mist all my room was covered in it one night while me looking in the dark it was amazing how something could do this. I have seen other things than this I have seen ghosts, floating clouds, seeing through things at night my stories are on psychic experience website my name is Katie on that website.
Last week I had 2 big round circle shooting in my eyes which blinded me for 2 seconds they went through me they came from the wall. Yeah I understand what your going through.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: