You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Grabbed my Foot?

Real Ghost Stories

What Grabbed my Foot?

 

This happened to me seven years ago and to this day, I still can't sleep with my legs stretched out so that my feet are near the end of the bed. I went to bed that night just like I would any other night, nothing out of the ordinary, only I awoke at 3:00 a.m. to something grabbing and tugging on my left foot. When I opened my eyes and began to sit up, what ever it was let go, my first reaction was to start yelling at my little brothers for waking me up, but then I realized that my door was still closed and if it had been one of them, I would have heard them running out or they would be standing in there with me.

I slept on a mattress on the floor (white trash I know) so no one could have hidden under my bed. My closet didn't have a door and was so crammed full of stuff that no one could have hidden in it, still thinking that it was somehow one of my siblings, I turned around to look at the clock, it was 3:00 am, this may or may not be important but it is a little odd that ever since then, I wake up every night around 2:30-3:00. Since I was still half asleep and had ruled out anyone in my house as the culprit, I just went back to sleep, which is a little odd since the next morning upon waking up I remembered what happened and was very freaked out and still had no idea what could have grabbed my foot.

There was firm pressure like a hand and the tugging was hard enough to wake me up and it didn't let go until I actually started to sit up, so I really don't think this could have been a dream. Sleep paralysis is something I have experienced a number of times and this was nothing like any of those experiences. I would love to know what other people think this may have been.

Other hauntings by shandi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shandi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gloverc92 (1 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-07-11)
I had a similar incident. Woke up to having my ankles grabbed and pulled... I was terrified and instantly left and stayed the night at my moms house because I was the only one home when it happened.
awsomebrony (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
has anyone mean or bad died in your house? If so please tell me so I can help.
Toomstone (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
The same thing happened to me, I felt something grab my ankles, both of them, I jumped out of bed and ran to the end of my room. I thought I was simply dreaming at first, but I could feel where I had been grabbed, and when I was "dreaming" I was in my room, everything completely normal. I've also had another incident similar. I was in my dorm room alone and I went to bed. In my dream I saw a crouched shadow figure in my room. It started to come toward me, so I tried to scream, but I couldn't. When I finally woke up it was gone.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
the funny thing is, I broke that foot about two years latter. Probably there is no connection just something that kind of makes me wonder. But since it was so long after the incident that I broke my foot I'm sure it means nothing.
phantom42 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
This might mean anything; it's hard to tell with something like this. It could man almost anything... Spirits might be drawn to you, it could be someone you knew who had died, or, yes, it could be a warning, although it mightnot even have anything to do with your foot. Consider all possibilities. I personally think that no spirit/ghost encounter happens for no reason.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
I have had something similar happen to me. I have some good suspects for something grabbing me from under the bed, Cats 😆 both living and not. I know for a fact it wasn't either of the 2 living ones simply cause they were only 6 weeks old at the time and I was holding them both in their sleeping box 😆 but I had a cat for many years who had died whos favorite thing to do was hide under the bed and swipe at my ankles as I walked by. I will post a story all about Brat-Brat on here since it is quite fun and too long for this spot.
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-06)
I don't know why but I tend to wake up at 3-4 everyday its weird I sometimes feel either...
1.someone pulling on my feet
2.I feel someone is under the covers with me but I'm too afraid to look I sometimes see a lump I know it couldn't have been my parents too skinny for dad and body too long to be mom
3.I hear my name being called out

So for number one welcome to the club...
KobyS (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I've had a few experiences but nothing like this. Did you maybe suggest a medium or getting your house blessed.
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hey Shandi!
Maybe the thing that was tugging on you had lost a foot and thought that it was your foot that it had lost. 😆 Sorry, that was a joke. Did you do any research on the house after the event? Maybe it was a child who had lived in the house before and was just playing around. Don't be scared unless something does happen that makes it obvious that someone or something is actually trying to hurt you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
I haven't had my foot pulled or pushed but I have had something fly past me something black then on the same night it started poking my ear LOL I enjoyed reading your story anyway. 😊 I don't think it scary just get back to sleep I did just ignored it really.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
Thank you marcusr I'm glad you enjoy the way I write I have found on sites like these that some people really have some amazing stories but don't quite know how to get it all out so that it makes sense.

Maybe someone does love that house a lot I should do some research as to who has lived there, it is newer and I'm pretty sure that my family are only the second to own the home, but that doesn't mean anything.
hippiechick100 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
WOW! I think maybe what happened was that a person lived in your house and love it so much they came back after death. Your room might have been theirs too and they wanted you out. I do hope you are never pulled awake but a pair of ghostly hands ever again!
-Maddie
marcusr (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-27)
this story was the best story I have ever read. And your a great auther

marcusr
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-26)
Sorry guys I left out some important details, I don't live there anymore but my little brother is in that room now and so far nothing has happened to him. Alot of you said that it could be a warning of something to come and the only thing I can think of is that I broke that foot two years after that incident but I don't really think that is related to this story because two years is pretty far into the future for people on this planet. I couldn't have been anything that was at the foot of my bed that I got tangled in because there was no furniture or clothing or anything else there. As for it being a dream I was waking up from I really don't think that is the case because the pulling is what woke me up from a dream that had nothing to do with my feet or being pulled on but anything is possible. Thank you all so much for your feed back all my friends just thought I was crazy when I told them.
theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-26)
you know I never had anyone or something pull at my feet or my head but I did have something push me back onto my bed as I was falling but the funny thing about this is I was wide awake and I could feel to large hands on my back and with great force push me foward.
voodowizerdCRIP (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-25)
I have had that happen to me there's two good explanations for 3 years I studied on this bed creature called a tokolshe its from africa they
herass people at night if you had upset some one
they will come at night they only hurt girls but
they prank guys they come from the end and front
of the bed the second idea is you could have caught your foot on something and it felt like some one pulled you
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
Dear shandi,
Investigate, analyze and do it twice, ask for advice and then draw your own conclusion which you will do anyway.

You could have been coming out of a dream state and felt the pressure from that. You may well have a ghost or spirit in your home who is just plain playful at that hour. I do not sense any harm meant to you. Your best solution that you may want to try is to tell the uninvited guest to plainly, loudly and with intention, to leave your room now, and do not come back.

May you sleep peacefully and have only Sweet dreams, Abby

P.S. Shandi and others here, please keep us posted if any of the advice here works or does not work. We can all help each other find out what works best for all of us by sharing our results.
soccerbratgirl (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
yea I know what you mean that happens lots to me, I guess it's cause I live by my school and there used to be a grave yard there so yeah but then again where I live there's lots of things happening everywhere, you shouldn't be scared I mean what if something were to happen around that time like a fire or something like that and there just telling you to get up, well that's what my mom tells me, and it was good cause like 3 or something months it's been happening then finally something did happen, my little brothers and sisters room went on fire, so all I'm saying is to not be scared and just tell it to leave you alone cause you need your sleep or something like that I did that and it finally left so just tell it to leave you alone, or use a eagle feather and sage and use the feather to make the sage go around your room.

i guess that's all good luck :), hope what I said helps you like it helped me

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: