You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Mother's House In Springville

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's House In Springville

 

From the time I was young I have always heard what sounded like my mother calling my name, usually this happened when she wasn't even home. When she was home she would deny that she had been calling my name.

When I was in the fourth grade we moved to a house in Springville, UT right up the street from Sage Creek Elementary. My bedroom was in the basement along with another bedroom that my two little brothers slept in. There was a hallway that connected my brothers' room and the laundry room and it always felt as if someone were standing there watching you. The basement was always creepy but it got a lot worse when my mother began drinking alone in the laundry room. I am not sure if the entity I am writing about followed us there, or was there when we moved it but it definitely seemed to feed on my mother's negative energy.

My ex-husband and I, along with my oldest son, moved in with her for a few months to help her out and that is when really strange things began to happen. My son slept in the bedroom my little brothers' used to have and one evening I had put him in the crib for the night and about a half hour later he was crying hysterically. I quickly went into the room to check on him and asked him what happened and he said that "mean grandma Julie (my mom) was standing over my crib making a mean face!" I was quite confused by this as my mother had not been home all day, and did not come home that night. I picked him up and he slept in my bed that night. I thought the incident was odd and I just didn't know what to think about it.

A week or so later my ex-husband was checking on my son before he went to sleep and as he walked into his bedroom he happened to glance down the hallway and there, in front of the open laundry room, stood a figure that he described looking just like my mother only different as her energy was just mean, and her face had the most unpleasant expression on it. Again my mother was not home and hadn't been home all day. My ex scooped our son up and ran into our room where I was watching TV and told me what happened and for the first time ever we said a family prayer. Now I pray every night but my ex was not religious at all so he must have been very scared to agree to pray with me.

Also I started hearing my mother call my name again when she wasn't even home, something that had not happened to me since I was a teenager. There were many other strange experiences had in that house by myself and my brothers that I can share another time if any of you are interested.

I am not sure if that presence had followed my mom to that house or if it was already there when we moved in. I do know that when she moved out it seems to have stayed there because her new house has a warm, comforting feeling very unlike the last house.

Other hauntings by shandi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shandi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
Thank you for all the comments everyone. Yes my mother has stopped drinking and is doing much better now. I think I mentioned in my story that her new home feels very happy and I think the negative entity was left behind in the Springville house. My best guess is that is was there before we got there and just fed off of the negative energy and got strong enough to begin to manifest is such huge ways.
SunivaTaesun (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
I had a similiar exeperience! But it was not unpleasant... Just very wierd and confusing. I was inside our holiday house playing with my little brother while our parents was fishing out in the lake, then we both heard mom call for us outside from the garden. She shouted our names with a happily voice. When we came out we saw our parents still fishing in the lake far away. Seconds later mom called me and asked if everything was allright. I think it might was our bond, like mom comunicated with us trough that. But in you're case seeing a 'ghost' of you're mother that's alive, seems very creepy.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
Hey there! I agree with zzsgranny on this but I can't tell for sure if the entity was already present in the house before you people moved in. Whatever it was, it gained energy from your mother's sad moments and was too strong later which enabled it to look like your mother, just a little more mean. Have you ever tried to look back at the history of the house? I hope things are fine now and I pray that your mother gives up drinking soon if she hasn't yet. Thank you.
-Shady
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
shandi: There are several stories in our archives about how someone's negative energy has become so intense that it actually becomes an entity. Most of the time these entities manifest as poltergeist activity or shadows. This is one of the few times I've heard about it taking on the appearance of a person.

I think it may be possible that an entity was already there and fed on your Mom's energy so much that they took on her appearance. I often wonder if this is the case with doppelgangers?

If I may be nosy, has your Mom stopped drinking? Is she in a better place psychologically than in the past?
PinkAngel (14 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
Isn't it strange how houses and apartments can have real characters? Good story, interesting experience!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: