You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl At The Foot Of My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl At The Foot Of My Bed

 

A couple nights ago I woke up and saw this young girl standing at the foot of my bed, it scared the hell out of me. Her clothes seemed a little dated, but not. It was all quite confusing and caught me totally off guard. She appeared to me to be around 8-9 years old, maybe a little more. She seemed fairly young. She looked directly at me and it felt as though she was just as startled as I was to see her. Her image wasn't extremely clear, it was almost like looking at someone's reflection on a television that is turned off. There was no colour, just monochrome. I tried to convince myself that I was half asleep and dreaming so I closed my eyes and went back to sleep but I know what I saw.

I often wake in the middle of the night, and I know when I'm having a dream and when I'm not. The only other time I felt like this is when I was roughly 21.

I was house-sitting for my parents because they wanted to make sure my younger brother didn't have any parties while they were away. I was in the kitchen and out of nowhere I felt this presence come up from the basement. It was like it spoke even though there was no sound. Well, you never seen a girl fly out of the house so fast in your life.

Those are the only experiences I've ever had. Just wondering if anybody has ever had similar experiences? Not sure what it all means. Recently I bought a Ouija board for fun and asked it a couple questions one night. Nothing happened, didn't really think anything would. Like I said it was just for fun. Couple nights later I see this little girl. Am I imagining things, or did this really happen?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 32sami, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-15)
Well this is how its marketed online, not surprised lots of people buy them and "play" with them.

OUIJA Game | Toys for Kids | Ouija - Hasbro
Ww.hasbro.com/.../ouija-game:8F00D4B0-6D40-1014-8BF0-9E...
Hasbro
Discover OUIJA Game, for ages 8 to Adult, and find where to buy this product... Turn out the lights... Now the board and message indicator glow in the dark

I did when I was a kid. And funny, I didn't remember it until well after I joined here and had already written my bio and several stories! So most likely I never closed it properly either. Its long gone now and the home I played it in has been sold.
Anywho... Do a cleans if you are feeling uncomfortable.
32sami (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-15)
Red, nothing moved on the board and yeah I did ask the question. Lol nothing happened other than me laughing at myself and smh lol. I haven't seen or felt any other presence since then.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-15)
Tweed - I was laughing because sure enough someone launched in- after you had said they would!
😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-15)
Mack, nothing gets a response on here quite like the mention of a ouija board. <---I wasn't sure if you were joking or seriously asking me how I knew. That would be the serious answer.

The joke answer would be:
I was walking along and tripped over a ouija board, the planchette spelled out 'future berating' and that's how I knew.

32sami, I really think it would be wise to look into cleansing and shielding for yourself and your home. Because, jokes aside, this could get a bit nasty. Better to cover all bases.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-15)
Tweed - honestly how did you know 32sami was going to be berated? You have the sixth sense! 😉
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
Before everyone jumps on the ouija thing... Well, too late.

Did you use it before or after these events?
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
32sami! I personally never used Oujja board but have read many stories on this site where people have mentioned aftermath of using oujja board which is mostly bad... I think we should not disturb the entities until we properly know how to use them! However I think you should follow some cleansing method! God bless you! Thanks for sharing 😁
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
32sami,

As Tweed said yes they are real. They work, I won't allow one in my house. Let's see how close I am. Your fingers lightly on the planchette and you ask "are there any spirits present?". The planchette goes to yes. You get a little excited and ask who it is, no answer, you ask again still no anwer. You ask if it is a relative the answer is no, you get tired of "playing" with it without closing it properly by pushing the planchette to good-bye. Leaving a portal open.

Now for my rant. OUIJA BOARDS ARE NOT TOYS! They should be used poperly and with respect. You should ALWAYS say a prayer for protection AND picture white light around you for protection during the session. ALWAYS,ALWAYS,ALWAYS,close your session correctly, close your session by pushing the planchette to good-bye. This is not an endorsement or blessing to use it but since you think it's 'just a toy' I figure what the heck better let this person know what to do. By the way if you haven't closed it properly by now who knows what came out with that little girl.

Regards
Red
32sami (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-13)
Honestly, it was nothing more than a hasbro game to me. Didn't actually think anything would happen and still not completely convinced it did. I'm a sceptic lol But the night after it happened, I felt her presence again but not since. I'm still trying to convince myself I dreamt it.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-13)
Oh Dear.

32sami, You'll receive a barrage of comments warning against the ouija. Yeppers it's possible you 'summoned' someone.

Ummmm never ceases to amaze me how many people give it a whirl for fun. Err yeah, they work. You gots to understand you're inviting others into your home. Like actual beings 'n that.
One of the long time members here once said 'you wouldn't leave your front door open for anyone to enter would you?' (don't remember who said this, but it's pretty much what inexperienced Ouija users do time and time again)

Are you aware of cleansing and shielding?

Sorry to put the fear up you. My husband collects old Ouija boards, so not to be superstitious in the slightest, but the Ouija needs to be handled with great care and respect or not at all. We don't use them, there's really no need anyway.

I'm guessing you didn't close the session when you finished?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: