You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Possible Possession Or Just A Bad Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Possession Or Just A Bad Dream

 

I am 22 years old now and have had a few 'experiences'. This latest one tipped it over the edge I have to see what other people think. I have had more then what is listed but these are what stand out the most or what I can remember the best.

A bit of background, my father said he used to hold me as a new born and it was as if I would just stare, not at him but behind him as if I could see something there. The stories of mirrors being a gateway, possibly. For many years at night anything with a reflection mostly mirrors or windows, I could not stand I would have to run past or could not bare to see myself in it as if I was evil or something evil in me was staring back at me my fear of it was just so intense for an unknown reason. My fear of the dark still remains, only sometimes I feel something else is there.

My first experience (around 10 years old) would have to be the shadow figure at my door, I woke up at an unknown time at night it was dark but my eyes where adjusted and I could make out a dark shadow figure at my door, of course I freaked and threw myself under my covers, I peeked again and the shadow seemed to 'float' towards me, I went back under the covers not to rise until morning. My mom checks on me sometimes at night I asked if it was her, she didn't come in at all that night.

The second experience (young teen) I believe to be sleep paralysis or just my brains reaction, long dream short my father possessed by rage put a electric drill through my chest, I woke up screamed for my mother at least 7 times each yell getting weaker and my wonder for why they couldn't hear. Before they came in I also had bad chest pains, next morning I asked my parents why they didn't come straight away, they said I only yelled once they came straight in.

The latest experience happened last night, It was at the end of my dream, I dreamed something was inside of me, long dream short, two cats growling came and dragged me away, calling for help from my girlfriend she said no I've obviously don't something wrong as I was being taken. I woke up as if I was having a fit, shaking the whole bed at the same time groaning for about 5 seconds, I had no control of this. I knew what was happening but had no control. After I stopped my girlfriend was wide awake asked if I was ok in a panic? I could still sense as if something was there had to turn the lamp on. In light I felt relief I began to cry from the feeling of being possessed or out of control for that short time. Believe it or not I checking the time, it was a few minutes past midnight. Does this mean anything?

Am I being followed by something? What happened and what I felt last night worries me. What should I do or is this just all in my mind? Please comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bedazzled, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
It sounds like some of it could be sleep paralysis and or night terrors. You should see a Dr. As well because if it is either they can give you something to help and when you said you were shaking the whole bed worries me you could be having seizures, so please get checked out and if everything is fine then try some cleansing rituals. Welcome to YGS and keep us updated.

Champion
Armen007 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
I am 22 years old too. And, the same things are happening to me too. I came to the internet in search of answers, and I landed here. Just somethings for you to know about me: I have no friends outside of my family, and I end up staying home all the time and getting depressed, I am a virgin, I like to play chess, and I've been very depressed in my past life.

I had a nightmare around the age of 7. In the nightmare, I walked into a bathroom, did something (maybe peeing), I came to the sink, washed my hands and face, I looked at my eyes in the mirror, and a skull popped out of my face from the mirror, and I woke up, screaming. Now, two houses later, the bathroom, in my house today, is very similar to the one I had in my nightmare. I am always afraid to look in the mirror, and afraid of a possession.

Lately, I was depressed, and I stopped going to church. It's been about four months now, and my sins are getting more and more normal. Last night, I was up all night with my laptop in my bed. I am always afraid of my sins bringing evil to the house. It's as if my eyes were playing tricks on me, like what happened to you that night, with the shadow. Anyway, I fell asleep from tiredness. I woke up a few hours later and I saw a dream. I short, my mother punches me in the stomach in rage, because I wanted to look downstairs, but there was no guard rail, so mom said don't do it, and I tried anyway, but could not. (This is like the dream you had before the last one) I woke up after she punched me the second time, and that is the first demonic dream, that I ever had, so I thought possession. And after a few seconds, my body felt like floating as if I was having a OBE. But before my body could escape, it came back and did it again in rhythm, a few times. At that point, I just had enough, and I turned my body and slept.

These events of mine seem similar to yours don't they? What do you think? One thing similar is, at least, that we are 22.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
There is nothing to worry about. This is a very normal thing, it happens to everyone. These are in fact jinn (see the glossary) that come and give people bad dreams at night. It is like a sport to them. I too have had such things happen to me several times. I had a lot of chest pain and pressure at the time it was giving me a bad dream and I awoke to see it over me. Look for a long post from me talking about jinn as soon as they allow more stories on the website to be submitted (it is currently stopped). Babies and children can see jinn as they are pure so the veil over their eyes are lifted. My son also does the same thing as do a lot of children and babies.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Interesting story, but I will have to agree with JarMan.

Thanks for sharing your story.
bedazzled (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Jarman: thanks for your comment, makes sense, I have 'persistent migraine aura without infarction' or simply 'visual snow.'

That is ment to cause anxiety so I think your onto something, most likely what is causing me to over react and over see things. I also get heart burn a fair bit so good theory.

Way to ruin my story though haa ha, put my paranoia about being haunted to rest though

Cheers
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Infants have a tendency to stare off at whatever it is that catches their attention. They also say children are more open to paranormal experiences then adults.

As for disliking mirrors or the dark. That's pretty standard, it's a juvenile thing. I had a horrible fear of the dark until I was about 18 years old. 😉

Shadows are a give or a take. Believe it or not, darkness has layers and density to it. It's possible to "see" shadows in a dark room. Eyes are complex and it's often easy to misinterpret what you see, I am going to chalk it up to your eyes playing tricks on you.

As for all the dreams, I think they are just dreams. The human brain is a complex thing and it does a lot of work. It's possible for your mind to simulate pain. I once had a dream I stabbed myself in the hand and when I woke up my hand was aching.

Nightmares can be bad and after waking up from them, you can still often feel a sense of dread or fear about you.

How serve is the pains in your chest? This could be a really important medical problem that you are attempting to blame on a haunting. You may be suffering from a medical condition and if it continues to happen I'd suggest seeing a doctor right away.

I think it's mostly over reacting and that if it continues to happen to go talk to your doctor. I used to wake up in the middle of the night screaming my lungs out, feeling a fear I could never explain to you. It turns out I was suffering from extreme anxiety attacks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: