You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Huge Black Mass In The Shape Of A Man

Real Ghost Stories

Huge Black Mass In The Shape Of A Man

 

My name is Jenna and I am 23 years old now. When I was about 9 or 10 I used to have "SCARY DREAMS" as my parents would call them, even thought I swear I was not sleeping. I had woken up though in the middle of the night and there in my room doorway was a huge black mass in the shape of a man. He filled my doorway and just stood there not moving. He was solid and I could not see through him at all. I knew I was not dreaming because I can remember throwing the blankets over my head to see if he would go away. I did this 4 or 5 times quickly peeking out to see if he was gone but he was still there. Eventually I screamed for my dad and he came running, and when the light came on the figure was gone.

I remember sleeping in their room for night after night. Then a few weeks or months, I can't really remember, I seen another solid black mass enter my room. This time it was in the shape of a dog. This mass walked in from the hall and layed down right next to my bed. I was too frightened to look again, all I knew was that we did NOT have a dog. Again I yelled for my dad. A few other times I have seen little things in our house and I still get creeped out quite often at night when I'm ready to sleep. Once I seen a woman in a green nightgown looking into my brother's room. White shadows in the hallway. Sometimes in the basement I would hear little noises but nothing as significant as the 2 black shadows. This house was built by my father so it was fairly new, about 15 years old at the time but we do also live on a lot surrounded by farm land. Please, if anyone has any information on exactly what I was seeing I would love some insight.

Other hauntings by jzinck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jzinck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Renaissance (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
I just signed up for this site, but I have a similar story about these black masses. I will be posting my story ASAP, but as far as I know, from what I have researched, they don't do any harm, but they are very spooky. The black mass I have heard about, was also from a farm land. My boyfriend had encountered it at his aunt's house. In a nutshell, his aunt looked out the window to see this black mass, shaped as a man, peeking out from behind a tree, and would walk around, and whistle some tunes. The weird part it, it was outside, in DAYLIGHT. She managed to get a photo of it too! I haven't seen it because my boyfriend never returned there ever again after the incident. Apparently, a long long time ago, that large area his aunt lives in was once a battle field for some war, I'm not sure which. I'm guessing the black figure was a ghost of someone who died. Its possible that the area you live in must have had some kind of history relating to deaths. What I would suggest to you, if you want further information, try digging up some more information of your area's historical background.:) Hope I helped. Check out my story if you want, might have some more info.

-Michele
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
AloveB85 ---The cuco is a child eater and a kidnapper, it immediately devours the child and leaves no trace of her or it takes the child away to a place of no return, but it only does this to disobedient children. If I would have heard this story before, I would have packed my bags and ran away. Thank god I am a survivor! Hahaha
killtor (15 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
Zorforler, that's very interesting, jackal headed human did you say? Sounds like anubis to me! Oh dear, looks like you've encountered an egyptian deity... One that has had drawings of him found in australia along with heiroglyphics... 😕
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
I have 5 cats and they protect me. One night when I was in bed all 5 of the cats came to me and with them I saw small cats shapes following them and they all gathered around me a looked at the door and started hissing all at once. When I looked at the door I saw a dark shape of a man but had a jackel for a head with red eyes and 2 swords in his hands. After some time the jackel headed man left growling then wimpering. So the cats of my pat and my families past and the living ones I have now protected me.
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Sarah. Wait until she gets older lol... Ull be suprised how protective she will become. I have a pit bull/lab and he is a total sweetie, until you cross the line with me or my son.
sarahi (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
i also have a dog and she's a maltese puppy and she doesn't evn guard me all she does is likes me and bites me. 😕

Maybe that's because she's still a puppy 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
they weren't threatening you. And the dog just laid by your bed. To me they seem like guardians
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
You have a very interesting way of seeing things PENAWARISAN. You can email me JENNA_ZINCK [at] MSN.COM I would love all the info I can get. I do believe it has something to do with me. Why I have no idea. I am a pisces. I have an open mind to a whole lot
penawarisan (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Hi Jenna,
Interesting happenings. I would like to share with you some knowledge of the supernatural as I picked up through years of research.
1. Asian (traditional) believe that the moment you lay a foundation to a house, two other non-matter beings (entities) will also claim the spot. They too lay their foundation to the house. If such is true, we do live in a parallel world to that of theirs. And what we may be seeing is actually the other dimension. Why this happen... Why some people see things and some don't? Depends on many things... Could be the environment, spot is more 'thin' to both the non matter world or the material world. It could also be the person herself has the ability to see depending on the aura (magnetic field of ones body. It is a bit complicated to explain this... Maybe... In an email...
2. The second explaination: some believe that the earth is a powerful camera itself. Like any camera, it takes pictures of certain happenings according to environment and surrounding. With exactly the same occurance (environment, humidity etc), earth itself will re-show what it has captured. But since the land had changed through time (some place might be higher or lower than years ago...contour, topography changes) we might see some images flying or with no feet etc... If such... Like any other images from a camera... It is harmless... Just for thoughts...
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I still had and have an uneasy feeling when I'm there sometimes. A few months ago I was down for a visit with my boyfriend and son, I was sleeping in the living room with my back to the wall, and I could feel that sumone was standing in the hallway looking at me. I've only ever seen those shadows once each. I've heard stories that way over the hill their is an old indian burial ground but where I live I hear that quite often, so that could be a possibility. I'm very interested in the paranormal but when it actually comes to my own experiences I turn chicken and cannot face them as bad as I want to. Regarding the dog, no he did not have glowing eyes at all. It was just solid black.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I would research the land. See whah has happened their in the years past.
This is a rather interesting story. I've never heard of a hell hound before, but I've heard of the Mexican legand of the Cucuy. And it does remind me of it.

Did all this just stop on its own?
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Hello izinck, I read in the comments section from another story similar to yours that sometimes spirits haven't collected enough energy to fully manifest themselves and that is why they oftentimes are seen as just black shapes. I'm not saying this is what happened to yours but it kind of fits. I have had my dogs that have passed on come back and visit us plenty of times and they do just what the one you described did. They come in and lay down at the foot of the bed just like they always did before. I'm always quite comforted by this, it's a nice feeling to have them near. ❤
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I don't think the dog was a hell hound. As they have only been known for attack and protection. Now it is possible that someone who knows you, called forth the hell hound to protect you but other than that I could not tell you. This story is very peculiar since it is a new house and no deaths have occured there. It definately has something to do with the farmland. How old is your brother? Does the woman in green only look into his room or others as well? Also, how often do these occurances still happen? If at all?
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
The man I have no idea but the dog may have been a hell hound. Were the eyes glowing red on the dog. Hmm you know maybe they are dead relatives checking in on your family seeing how you are all doing they won't hurt you or anyone. But the dog if you could give a better description I may be able to identify it. Check out my story of The Darkling.
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Do you still see these figures or have experienced anything else frightening? That sounds really scary especially for a child. It almost reminds me of the Mexican legend of the Cucuy or el Coco... While it is a legend, I know people who have sweared to have seen it. It used to scare me to death when I was a child.
Have you done research on the land around your childhood home? I would... Just to make sure there wasn't an Indian burial ground or maybe a murder sometime in the past.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
I do not get scared too easily but reading this and picturing what you have witnessed gives me the creeps. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: