You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My First Of Several Supernatural Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My First Of Several Supernatural Experiences

 

I have always "believed" in the supernatural. I feel just because I had never seen or experienced anything does not mean that it does not exist. This experience happened to me a while back but I will always remember it.

It was in the summer of 2002. I was a single mother of just 2 boys back then. I lived in an old apartment complex a block from the beach. The complex was small. It was 6, 2-story building with a total of 50 apartments. I lived on the 2nd floor at the end. The only way to get to my apartment was to walk up stairs at the other end. There were none on my side. You also had to walk past a large bay window in my bedroom to get to the front door.

I had a friend that was a single mother too. She had 3 children. I worked 2nd shift and she worked 3rd. We rotated babysitting to help each other out. Since I only had a two bedroom apartment, I made pallets on the living room floor for her kids to sleep on. They were 1, 3, & 4 at the time. I put my boys to bed in their room and got her kids to sleep. I locked the deadbolt, chained the front door and went to bed.

Something woke me up about 1:30 in the morning. I wasn't sure what it was. I got up and checked on my boys first (their room was right across from mine) and then checked on the other kids. They were all sound asleep. Re-checked front door and went back to bed. About 5 minutes later, I felt like I should get up again. When I walked in the living room the front door was wide open. None of the kids were awake and I had seen no one walk by my window. I checked the apartment and locked it back. That is my first experience in that location.

Nothing else happened for a while and I forgot about that night. Several months later a girlfriend of mine was staying with me for a few days and she was sleeping in my boys' room, they took the couch. I had been asleep for a few hours. Something woke me up, I felt that I should be afraid. I turned my head to look at my door and could see something out of the corner of my eye. When I tried to get up out of the bed, I felt like I was physically pushed by my shoulders back down on the bed. I felt like I could not breathe, I could not talk, and could not scream. It physically felt like someone was straddling my stomach and holding me down. I then heard my friend get up and open the bathroom door and the pressure released. I was terrified and made her come sleep with me the rest of the night.

About a week later, my boyfriend was staying the night. We were sleeping. I woke up to that same feeling again but whatever it was, was at the foot of my bed. The same thing happened as before. All I could think was, doesn't my boyfriend hear me trying to breathe? He woke up and looked at me and turned on the light. I was then released. He said, what is wrong with you, are you OK? You looked like you were having a nightmare but awake. It looked like someone was holding you down.

The same thing happened once more when I was alone and I moved not long after that. Nothing like that has happened since then. Was it my imagination or something else?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mb0722, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BlackStreak (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
That Must of scared you. I'm glad it was blessed...
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Jazzy. -it's past tense, over

OP: a fairly common story. Look for "stop sleep paralysis". No one but God and the entity that was there can tell you if it was real or not. I think it is often a spirit to blame. See book of Enoch.
sarahi (6 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
i know right, thank goodness that priest blessed that house or else she would of benn dead already (no ofence) 😕

Please put me a green arrow and I will too 😊
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
mb0722. That story scares me! I couldn't imagine physically being held down like that from anyone, let alone sumone you can not see. Glad to hear you had a priest bless this new house you moved into!
mb0722 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Thank you for your comments. When I moved from that apartment into a house nearby, I had my priest bless my house. I never had any problems in that house. I have just always wondered if I was dreaming, if not, what was doing it.
Once again, I appreciate your help and God Bless.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
mb0722: This story bothers me because there are children involved. Whatever this is in your house has some intelligence to it. The fact that it went and unlocked the front doors and opened them up while these precious children were asleep on the floor in the front room and you and your precious children asleep in your rooms make my blood boil! This could have had a tragic end if someone alive walking around would have come across the door open and you all asleep in this house. We already know that whatever this is doesn't have good intentions at all. This has already been established! I would go ahead and get started banishing this spirit out of my apartment. I wouldn't wait, I would go ahead and bind it in the name of Jesus. Get some Sage, Holy water, blessed salt water to spray in the corners of each room and I would talk to it and by all means, try not to show fear. I would let this spirit know that it has to leave out of your apartment. You have not done anything to him/her, you are a single mother just trying to make it and you will not allow them to put you, your children and the children of your friend in harms way. Stand your ground, get some other people over there with you when you do this if you don't feel comfortable, make sure the children are not there when this is done, but stand firm and tell this thing that you pay the bills there and it can not stay, it has to go! Right now, from this day on, you need to consider yourself a mother crocodile or a mother bear and you know how they fight to protect their young. These children are depending on you and your boyfriend to protect them, so get prayed up and get the started evicting this thing from your apartment and your life!

God bless you and your family and please be safe and keep all of those precious children safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: