You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Cousins House

Real Ghost Stories

My Cousins House

 

I want to start this off by saying up until this happened to me I was the biggest chicken. I would not watch any movie or any show that had anything to do with ghost or even mention the word ghost. Now I find myself reading all these stories on here and watching Ghost Hunters. There are a couple things I need to explain before I go into my story so bare with me please. My cousin and I have been best friends since we were kids. I am a single mother of a beautiful little girl. A couple of years ago my cousin and I decided to live together. We lived in an apartment for a couple years and then she decided she wanted to buy a house. She bought a house in a nice neighborhood. The house had 4 bedrooms, a nice backyard with a pool. There were 2 bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. Those are the rooms that my daughter and I took.

When we first moved into the house everything was fine. We both worked a lot so when we were home we were doing a lot of painting and getting the house how we wanted it. After living there for a couple of months I decided to get my daughter a dog. The dog would sleep with me every night. Every night when it was time to go to bed the dog would jump on my bed and start barking at one of the corners of my room. I really didn't think much of it, but it started to bother me that the dog was doing it every night. After a while my cousin wanted to get another roommate since we had an extra bedroom. She moved in and everything was fine for a while, but then she started causing problems between my cousin and I. It got really bad so I moved out and stayed with my parents for a while. After about 6 months or so my cousin finally saw that this girl was crazy and kicked her out.

My cousin and I started talking again, and asked if I wanted to move back in. There was a problem though... My cousin had this new boyfriend that was living there. I could not stand him, but I was tired of living with my parents. Her new boyfriend was the type of guy that had her wait on him hand and foot. I don't think he had a job the first year he lived there. He would also talk bad about her behind her back. He pretty much knew that I hated him and he hated me. There was always this negative feeling when he was around. I didn't have the dog anymore because my mom made me get rid of it when I moved back home.

At that time when I moved back in I was working two jobs. I would get off from one job and go home and change and go to my 2nd job. My cousin was the manager at my 2nd job. Anyways I came home one day and no one was there. I went upstairs to change clothes. I went into the bathroom and I started to hear whistling. This was like air coming through a window or door, it was a tune. I thought to myself, well, I guess Ted (name changed) is home. I went downstairs to check and he wasn't. I didn't think much of it, but when I went back up stairs to put my shoes on I heard it again. This time it sounded like it was coming from the stairs. My bedroom was right next to the stairs. I was so freaked out! I thought someone had broke into the house. I grabbed my shoes and peeked out the door and didn't see anyone so I took off down the stairs and ran out the door.

When I got to work I told my cousin what happened and she sent someone over there to check the house. Everything was fine, all the doors and windows were locked. My cousin's boyfriend thought I was crazy when she told him about it. About two days later I came home to change for work and my cousin and her boyfriend were there. I was walking down the stairs to leave when I heard something. I looked at Ted and asked him what that sound was. He turned down the tv and it was the whistling again. It was so funny because his face turned pure white. Then he says, I think it's Tammy (name changed) in the kitchen. Right when he said that she came walking around the corner NOT whistling. I just looked at Ted and said I told you and ran out the door.

After that things really started up. I would lay in bed at night and would hear someone whisper my name in my ear. Then one morning I got up and got into the shower to get ready for work. I really don't know how to describe this so I hope y'all understand it. It felt like someone was right in my face. Not touching me, but right in my face. It didn't matter which way I turned my head it felt like something was right up on me. That really freaked me out! While all of these things were going on Ted and I would fight all the time. My room was right above the living room. Every night he would try to be loud so he would end up waking me up. My cousin would try to make him stop, but he did it anyways. One night he was gone and my daughter was sleeping in my bed. My cousin and I were down stairs talking in the living room when all of a sudden we hear this loud bang. We both assumed my daughter had fallen out of bed. We both ran up stairs and nothing was wrong. She was still sleeping and nothing had fallen. Not too long after that I just couldn't take it anymore and decided to move back out. My cousin says that her and her new roommates still hear the whistling and one of the new roommates has seen a little girl upstairs. Sorry that this story was so long. I hope y'all enjoy it!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BPOOH229, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BPOOH229 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Update: I actually spoke with my cousin yesterday, and things have started picking up again. Apparently it seems like everything is happening upstairs. The water in the bathroom is turning on and off by itself. The bathroom is where I felt like someone was in my face and no matter which way I turned I couldn't get away from it. I wish she would have someone come to her house and investigate. She said she is afraid if she does that then things will get worse and start happening downstairs. 😨
BPOOH229 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Actually she is still with him. Sadly I don't speak to her anymore. I just can't deal with the way he treats her and it makes me so mad that she puts up with it. Thank you for reading my story.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
I hope your cousin broke up with her boyfriend, for her sake. I know I'm late in posting this, and this site is supposed to be about the paranormal; but I just get crazy when I read or hear about a woman being treated poorly by a man. I could rant, but I'll just leave it at I hope she left him.
BPOOH229 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I found a mistake I made in the story. It says "This was like air coming through a window or door, it was a tune." It should say... "This wasn't like air coming through a window or door, it was a tune."
shads (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Yes and no. The reason I say that is because most can be explained away, but who really knows. I do need to write an update, but I have been busy with work and life in general. I'll see if I can get to it by this weekend.
BPOOH229 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Thankfully I don't live there anymore. I don't even go to the house anymore. I haven't talked to my cousin in a while. I don't know if anything else has happened in the house. I tried to tell her to have a paranormal group come out to the house to see if they could get anything, but I think she was scared they might actually find something. I did read your story and I enjoyed it a lot. Has anything else happened?
shads (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
I fully understand. Read, Minnesota Farm House. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: