You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dad Crawling Through The Wwindow

Real Ghost Stories

Dad Crawling Through The Wwindow

 

Background information: The house where this took place at was haunted in earlier years and had some weird paranormal events when my sister was a little girl. It is the house in the foot hills so my grandparents had a big old property that was fun to explore and used to be owned by Indians.

It was the summer of 2004 and I was a younger girl living with my mother and my step-dad with my step-sister Breanna. We were a typical family that lived in the country and loved animals. My family and I had goats to take care of on our Grandma and Grandpa's very old property.

It was good sized house with a big garage where my Grandpa worked; out back was a satelite dish and many old unused tools and such. Behind that was a barbed wire fence with lots of mountain range behind it.

My sister and I where feeding the goats Nanny and Bobo. It was my job to get the water for the goats and her job to feed them. My sister and I were walking side by side in front of the house doing our chores when we looked to our left we saw our 'dad' crawling through the window wearing the same clothes he had been wearing. We shrugged it off, finished our chores and went into the house.

We were sitting down and decided to tell our step-dad what we saw. When we told him he looked at us as if we were insane and confused he said, "I didn't come through the window I came through the front door." Me and my sister looked at each other both shocked and didn't understand.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KaylaRigz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tinohoang (13 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
sorry but I didn't read the other comments. But did you just see an intruder climb through your window? Or someone sneaking someone around the house? O_O
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
was just reading this and noted you said that "he just kept going and the odd thing was the window was already shut"...that gives me the chills, something was crawling through a CLOSED window...shivvvver! ❤
lostsoul (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
sorry those were off my lead when I wrote it would change if I could
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
lostsoul,
Awesome post. Not sure how you forget that your Dad passed away. I'm happy to say my mother doesn't have that effect on me... And I don't recall ever pooping my eyes out.

Lou
glfc (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
that is wierd. It sounds like maybe a spirit was making itself present and didn't want you afraid so it came in the form of a loved one. Like this what happenes to me. When I'm home alone I will hear my mum and brothers voices and laughter downstairs as if there in but there both out.

Maybe you saw a ghost that wanted you to not fear it but make its self known. Ignore it if you want but keep an eye out for more sines.
Maybe you didn't even see your dad crawling though the window. Maybe it was a neibour or even a burgelor that you mistook for your dad. I don't know just some ideas
lostsoul (10 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
hey are you sure your dad didn't die beacuse you said you lived with your stepdad that could be it
lostsoul (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
there was a time where I saw my dad crawl through my window but then I decided it was nothin but as soon as I go to bed with my mom I was about 10" and then my eyes pooped out not really and remembered my dad died a couple years ago from a heart attack 😲
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
And crawling through a window is not as easy as it seems. (unless your a very agile kid). I've have to get out through one very quickly and it was about 5 feet up come to think of it, one time when a bunch of us was partying at a friends house whose mom was "supposed" to be out of town for the weekend. She came home in the middle of the night right at the hight of a good party. (sneaky snake!) and we bailed every way possible. And landing on the ground face first from five feet isn't easy either, so it does seem unlikely that a man of your stepdads age with a bad knee would not want to have to navigate a window like that.
Memoge (1 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
The titles very catchy. When I first read the title I already knew it was a doppleganger. 😉 😕 😊
KaylaRigz (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
vulcan10- He was crawling inside of the house when we where coming toward the front door. When we got there it looked like he was half way in, but my step-dad has a bad knee and the window was a good 5 feet off the ground. How is that achieveable with a bad knee? The doppleganger never looked up or behind him but just kept going. The odd thing was the window was already shut. 😕
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Was he crawling through the window into the house or out of the house? And did he succeed? I was just sitting here kind of counting off, one thousand one, one thousand two, and watching a kid outside walk by. It would have taken you two a sufficient amount of time to see whether he made it either into or out of the house and if he shut the window afterwards and whether he (or the doppleganger) looked up at you and recognized your presence, and other than allowing itself to be seen I don't understand the reason for a doppleganger to even exist since it takes nothing or achieves nothing other than to be seen.
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Wierd. Could have been some sort of doppleganger. Hopefully it's just an isolated incident. Thanks for sharing it - I got chills down my spine from the mental image!
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
I can not explain what happened. It sounds very strange and unusual. Sorry I couldn't help, but thanks for the story!
-Cait ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: