You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Phantom Pets

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom Pets

 

I can't remember exactly how old I was, but I was roughly around 11-13 years old. We'd always had pets growing up from mice to hamsters, chickens and later on a rabbit.

This story is about my dog Elsa (Rottweiler) and my sister's cat Meow Meow, who was white with one green eye and one blue eye. Elsa passed away from cancer maybe a year prior to this incident and meow meow had run away. The house at the time was old, my room was positioned in the middle of the hallway so if I were standing at my doorway, I could turn right and follow it down to my mums' and sister's rooms or left into the kitchen and lounge room. Elsa was kept inside as well as meow meow, they were very well behaved, only meow meow would bring in live 'presents' for my sister, live birds and mice etc.

One night I was asleep and I slept with my door open because I was afraid on the dark... As all children are at some stage. I could feel something strange, I felt like something was inclining me to look at the hallway, I was reluctant but I did it anyway and heard a kind of light thumping then I saw meow meow running down the hall towards my mums room and shortly after I saw Elsa running after her. I was scared at the time but after a while I mustered out at "Elsa... Meow meow" (feeling very stupid at the time but I didn't see them again. I went back to sleep and in the morning I told my sister and she naturally didn't believe me, but I swear to this day I saw them running down the hall.

Elsa was buried in the backyard when she died, I used to sit on her grave and cry. Maybe it was her way of saying that her and Meow Meow are at peace together?

I don't know what happened, but I definitely know what I saw, and since then, we'd had numerous occasions of unexplained events between me and my sister, she's had objects thrown at her and I've frequently seen a tall cloaked figure with no face, just a cloak watching me.

I love the supernatural and believe in it and use to love to imagine being part of it all but after having an experience involving ghosts, it's just scary.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kayorii, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kayorii (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
:) thanks, we were imaginative kids with our names, SHELBY, no I haven't seen them since sadly, we moved house a few years after that and it was demolished. Meow Meow, I believed she had run away for around 7 years but I found out she was murdered by my step-father at the time.:' (
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
around the same age our cat passed away. About a week after I saw her rubbing her side on the stair banister and meowing. I called Mort over, turned around, realized what I had seen, turned back around and she was gone. It made me mournfull at first but then happy to know she was still with us for a little while.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi Kayorii. It's so sad when you lose a pet. They are a member of your family not just a pet. Like Lisa66, I love the pet names. Especially, Meow Meow. 😆 Adorable. So, Meow Meow ran away. You don't know what happened to her/him? I know you say you saw Elsa & Meow Meow running in the house, so you would assume that Meow Meow died as well, but it's also possible that it could have been left over energy from them. A residual haunting which is like a recording. Something they used to do in the past. I believe, when it comes to a residual haunting, it does not necessarily mean that that person or animal is dead. Did you ever experience seeing them again after that night? And yes, I agree, seeing a ghostly pet and seeing a cloaked figure or having something thrown at you is an ENTIRELY different story. Very scary.

SHELBY 😊
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
It's always sad when you lose a beloved member of the family. I don't doubt your story and I believe you when you say you saw them both. It could've very well been that they were telling you they're both ok. Very sad that animals don't live as long as humans. But just remember all the good times you had with Elsa and your sister had with Meow Meow. (love the name btw! 😆)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: