You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Everything But The Bottom Floor

Real Ghost Stories

Everything But The Bottom Floor

 

Ever since I was about 5-6 years old strange things happened to me in my house. It started one night when my parents and I awoke to the sound of our kitchen cabinets being opened and closed. As we started going downstairs the noise stopped. After looking in all the cabinets we realized nothing had possibly made them open and close. Thinking nothing of it I went back to sleep.

A few months later, I awoke to a crash in my room. I had dolls at the end of my bed that I sometimes kicked off. When I sat up in bed I noticed all the dolls were there and a dark figure walked out of my room. Nothing happened again for another 4-5 years.

Then the age of around 10 I started seeing things out of the corner of my eye, feeling someone watching me, and hearing noises like floor creaking. I had trouble sleeping until now 3-4 years later I'm over it.

Until today, as I was writing this I was in my old bedroom where most of these things happened. I had the feeling someone was right behind me. I looked back and noticed nobody but a book sticking out of the closet the title was "As Someone Dies". I immediately grabbed the laptop and got out of there. I just sat down and continued writing when my dog ran up the steps. (My house has multiple floors) Still in shock, the sound startled me and before I fully turned to the steps, behind my dog out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something that looked like a white shape.

Another thing is, sometimes when were having dinner my dog scratches this particular spot on the floor. What I know from my house is my mom grew up in it as a kid, but the owner of the house before my mom lived here died. She was the mother-in-law to the people who lived here and when she died they had to sell the house. We did know the people who lived here, one of my family members had worked for them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AllieGraz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
This is EXACTLY what happens to me, but by now,I've accepted it and shrugged it off...
jada_sadie (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
i love that but are you ok we will have stories aove our own I wish tou the best for you and the dog and for everyone love jada omg 😨 ❤
Drizzi (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
idk what to tell you here... But it seems like something that liked to mess with you when you were younger, and now that your older you don't really pay attention to it/don't care so it probably doesn't come around as often.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: