You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The 4th Floor

Real Ghost Stories

The 4th Floor

 

Hey gang, back after a long break. I have a story I want to share. I'm going back only a few years ago to 2017. I had just been travelling through Canada backpacking when I eventually found myself a bit short on money so I decided to look for work and found one, oddly enough, as a cleaner in Victoria, Vancouver Island. I was with two Indians, who were working the same cleaning company as I was, and were driven to one of the offices in the city.

I was amazed as the building was one of those old gothic style buildings that was common in the Edwardian era, something I knew was seeping with history. I took the top floor (the 4th floor), took the lift up and with my mop and bucket and my iPod on, listening to AC/DC, feeling alright, wishing I had a joint to smoke.

The building was old as I said before as the floors were wooden, which had me wondering about the point of moping a wooden floor, especially one so splintered. I did noticed how the place could do with some paint as the walls were pretty flaky and the floors, I started wondering when the last time someone being up here with a frigging mop; so I started moping the floor listening to Bon Scott wailing about taking the highway to hell when a man appeared from one of the offices, pushed by me then went into another one. He was dressed funny-wool cardigan that was more suited during the 30s, goofy Harry Potter style glasses, an off yellowed shirt with a bloody bow tie of all things and dark pants. I blinked and thought that was odd because I seriously thought the building was empty, that what I was told by management. I decided to try the door to the room he came out of and found it locked. Locked behind him? I didn't hear a click but still... Then I had work which room he went into and found it locked. I frowned but just went back to my job.

Met the lads a bit later and they asked me about my first night. I thought about it and told them. The two of them paled.

'What is it?' I asked.

'That is impossible,' my fiend Ravi said wagging his head side to side.

'How is that impossible?'

They both looked at each other and said: 'velly impossible, sir, the fourth floor is closed off. You can not get up there, mister. Not in a velly long, long time.'

I never did find out about who that man was and what happened to him. I left the cleaning company soon after. And I never did find out who the man was because I had a stranger adventure not long after. One day I'll share that one.

Other hauntings by AussieRedDog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieRedDog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-04-11)
Clearly the author is not interested in actually participating or I'm sure we would have heard from him by now.

I am with Lady Glow; if he was backpacking through Canada and was not a resident, he could not be hired legitimately. It would have had to have been off the books. I ran into it as a trucker's wife. I was allowed to be in the country with my husband as he unloaded our truck but I was barred from actually helping him since that would be considered working and I was not an actual employee of the company.
I think it makes for a fun, spooky story with a great punchline but probably not much more than that.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+6
3 years ago (2021-03-15)
Hi there, interesting story.
One quick question: Who told you to go to the 4th floor?

And also interested in whether you could feel the guy push past you. Did he look completely real? Were all the lights on?

Sorry, that's four questions!
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
Hi AussieRedDog

Thanks for sharing this. From your N.Z neighbor from across "the dutch"; Bonza mate! ACCA DACCA! Strewth! Chuck another shrimp on the barbie maaate! Etc...etc...anyway...

I felt Lost Voyage raised some very perceptive points, but a couple of aspects of this got my attention.

One was that you wrote: "when a man appeared from one of the offices, pushed by me then went into another one..."

Did you physically feel him push against you?

I also couldn't marry you being a middle aged gentleman with the style / tone of your narrative. You seem to be a lot younger than you are?

Anyway, interesting stuff, although I admit to left feeling quite befuddled after reading your encounter!

Regards

Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
I had to check your profile just to be sure I hadn't missed something. I'm not sure if you have immigrated to Canada and had this experience while backpacking through the country as a resident.

If that's the case, I guess I rushed giving my opinion on my previous comment, otherwise I still doubt that anyone would hire you if traveling like a visitor.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
Huh... Really?
I'm surprised that the cleaning company would hire you if you entered the country with a visitor's visa... Highly improbable... Hard to believe, if I may say.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
It could be a residual spirit playing out the last scene of his life possibly, the other two guys as you put it "turned pale" so maybe they experienced something or the other, did you ask them if they have? Also did you find out about the history of that building
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
Hello AussieRedDog, thanks for sharing your story. What an encounter, I wonder if you experienced something residual, a scene replaying itself from the buildings past (which I'm more inclined towards as 'he' didn't to notice or interact with you) or an actual haunting? One thing I was hoping you could clarify was the other two employees response to your experience. They told you it was impossible for anyone else to be up on the 4th floor as it was closed off, yet you were able to easily access that floor via the lift? Their response was curious, they even went pale, did you ask them if they had seen or felt anything in that building? I'm wondering if they knew more than they let on? Thanks again for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: