You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Floor Squeaker #1

Real Ghost Stories

Floor Squeaker #1

 

I had my first floor squeaker encounter early one morning, sitting on my living room couch while I was recovering from back surgery. I had staples in my low back, and laying down was painful with one of the staples already partially popping out. I had to sleep sitting straight up the first couple of nights.

It was early in the morning and I was watching TV (about 12 feet in front of me) very quietly. From where I was sitting, right of the TV led to the hallway heading towards our bedrooms. I suddenly heard the floor squeaking, sounding like it was coming from near our bedroom at very end of the hallway. Our floor was carpeted and didn't squeak and I was over 200lbs at that time. It was moving with purpose, 4 more steps and I felt it cleared the hall, and saw it wasn't my wife. Two more floor squeaks and I felt this invisible heavyweight spirit just passed in front of the TV, and was heading to the opposite side of the couch I was sitting on. My heart was pounding and 3 or 4 more quick loud squeaks, and it stopped directly behind me on the couch, over my right shoulder.

I quickly snapped my head back, looking upwards to see nothing behind me. I know it saw the fear or surprise in my face, and it knew it scared the crap out of me. While it was very noisy coming towards me, it made no noise walking away from me, or however it left. And I just sat there, and did nothing. I told my wife about the floor squeaker when she got up. She thought maybe the pain medication was messing with my brain. I explained to her I had already stopped taking the pain pills as they did nothing for me, and I'm not a pill taker. I was also wide awake. This encounter was at the same home as the mirrored hallway. (Typed and edited by wife)

Other hauntings by CantunSEEit

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CantunSEEit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-29)
Hi CantunSEEit,

I'm lovin' the title of your story 😆 in fact, I might have to borrow the nickname you gave your's (sometimes we have a floor squeaker visit our home too!). Seems like spirits are drawn to you - perhaps they just feel at ease around you? Although I realize you've chose not to participate in discussions, I'm wondering if this is a usual ocurrence at your home? Our floor squeaker only seems to come around every so often, but it's always around the same area in the house, so at this point we've gotten used to it - whatever it is, it doesn't seem to bother anyone... For your sake, I hope you and your wife don't feel threatened in your own home.
Take Care
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-29)
Hi cantunSEEit

It could be a residual or wandering spirit or perhaps the spirit of a previous owner (if there are any)

Has this happened before or is it the first time you experienced this, from your narrative I gather that your wife hasn't experienced this.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-29)
Greetings, CantunSEEit.

Sometimes, encounters like this disconcerting experience end because the spirit realizes that it has accidentally frightened a living person. Given the time, location, and unusual circumstances around this event, I don't think that it had the intention of frightening you. I'm inferring the benign nature of the interaction from the fact that, once it knew you were aware of its presence, it departed a lot more quietly than it had arrived.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: