You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Demons? Nightmares? Hormones?

Real Ghost Stories

Demons? Nightmares? Hormones?

 

My wife and I recently purchased a home... And for the longest time we always suspected that there was something else in the house with us, not necessarily a dark entity, there has never been any maliciousness towards my wife or me, or our children... Worst thing this "being" has done was in the middle of the night; it woke up my 5 year old daughter and said "Boo!" A one time event. We often refer to it as our "Eco-friendly Ghost" because if we leave a light on in a room we are not currently occupying, we will return and the lights will be off. If we leave a TV on and not watching it, the TV will shut itself off.

At the end of December, we learned that we were going to have a new addition to our home. Within the last 2 to 3 weeks, every single night, usually around 4:30am, my wife experiences violent, grizzly nightmares. In one, the devil was possessing everyone close to us in an attempt to kill the unborn baby, another her entire family brutally murdered by an invisible being, mutilated and hanging from ropes in a hole in the wall that mysteriously gets bigger and bigger.

Two nights ago, she had a dream that there was something on our bed, just watching, which she kicked off and woke up. When she woke up, she was on her hands and knees at the edge of the bed, staring at the floor. Last night, she had a dream that the entity attacked her, but managed to fight it off. During the dream, I was holding her trying to calm her down when I noticed there was blood on my hands, and blood covering her. I was screaming "What did I do?" thinking that I had hurt her but whatever attacked her had caused her to severely bleed, and possibly die (she awoke when everything turned black and fuzzy).

We've explored all different theories about Alps and demons, to psychic attacks, even to just a normal hormonal imbalance from the pregnancy.

I'm starting to get concerned for her health and I'm not entirely sure what else to do. I just wanted to get a feel for everyone else's take on these nightmares.

Thank you all in advance for reading and giving some insight.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, urbanhillbilly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

harrisonhess (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
ive had same experiances too, I just got out a bible and slept with it like a teddy bear. I eventually stopped having nightmares. It should work for you two.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
I think it's entirely possible that new entities can move into a place when the energy shifts, or they were passing through and decided they liked the home/people. The vicious entity may not be the original one, so unless your intuition tells you that is the case, I wouldn't accuse the friendly ghost of being the mean spirit. (Though it is possible, as in redphx's story)

I say this especially if the protector of the home is now having troubles. Based on his affiliations, it sounds like he knows how to protect himself, but it doesn't sound like the first light-flipping entity would be the kind to leave its home to chase after an offender. What kind of troubles is he having? I don't like pulling the "demon" explanation out until the behavior points to it directly.
Moonlit (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
I Dont know if this will help but its worth a try right?
I had a problem quite like this one when I was a little girl.
My Grandmother put praying beads under my pillow.
It worked for me maybe it will help you?
I hope things get better for you.
Blessed be
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
how very odd that the entity would start off as being gentle and then suddenly violent towards the un-born baby.

Pregnant women for some reason or another have an increase in paranormal events during their gestation. It may be that the soul of their unbron child is still in between so to say.

Some beings are able to give nightmares such as this. I am really at a loss as to why she would be having these attacks if the home was peaceful to begin with.

I had a friend who shared a home with a female ghost. She had three kids and was divorced. She soon got remarried and her new husband moved into the house and she was pregnant with her fourth child. She started getting attacked during the night just like your wife. A spiritualist came in and stated that the female ghost residing in the home died while having a miscarriage. I guess she bled to death. So I guess the ghost was jealous and decided to try and take the life of the unborn baby. I am not saying that is your situation.

My opinion is find a local medium/priest or whatever and have the house cleansed. I normally don't agree with having a ghost forcefully removed from their home but it is not worth the health to your wife and unborn child
outsider (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
hello, yes I agree that the name of jesus does bring torment to demons, also from almost every muslim excorcism, the demon is questioned about its gender, age, and reason for scaring people, it answers every question put to it, but one important question every demon answered was that they were terrified of a cetain verse in the quran, its called ayat kursi (verse of the throne) when this verse is read out the demons run either from the human body or the place they are in, for those that cannot read it in arabic, you can look it up on youtube and play it over and over and watch how quick your residence becomes quiet, for some apparent reason this short verse has such an effect that now its common practice to rid demons from possessed people, I will later post my story concerning the experience I have with a sexual demon.
envolga (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
If she was pregnant at the time then the demonic presence was feasting off her energy. They do so in order to carry out malicous and or every day human like or inhumane like activities.
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
urbanhillbilly- your friend is experiencing stuff now? That demon doesn't want to give up does it
urbanhillbilly (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Hi all, thank you kindly for your responces.

With regards to the blood, in her dream, it was noticed on my hands first, when I removed my hands from her, her arms were bleeding heavily, the bed was covered in blood. She stood up, saw all the blood, and passed out onto the floor. I was standing over her crying and begging her to wake up... At which point her dream went black and fuzzy and she woke up. She didn't wake up on the floor or anything, was still lying in bed.

Anyways, we have a very close family friend who is an eclectic wiccan following buddist traditions... And he came over and cleansed the house with white sage, a few protective items, and prayers. He told anything living in the house that it was no longer welcome, the house was under his protection, and that anything wanting to get at us had to go through him first. I am happy to report that since the cleansing, the nightmares have stopped, instead replaced by blackness which personally I feel is her subconcious mind rebooting itself. Blackness is a clean slate. On the flip side, our friend has been experiencing some strange events now.
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
When I was in my second pregnancy it was as if I was a completely different person. I constantly felt I was being watched or followed. I would freeze in complete terror while taking a shower convinced that when I got out I would be attacked, nightmares, hearing whispersing speckles of light, severe panic attacks, etc. As real as it felt, I knew it wasn't. It was brutal. I couldn't take it anymore, since rational rachel seemed to be getting sick of cowardly rachel I went to talk to my OBGYN about what I had been experienceing. I was diagnosed with hyper-tension. I am not belittleing your wife in anyway. These things feel real, so real you think you can touch them. I may just suggest calling your doctor to talk about it. Wouldn't hurt. I am so sorry that you and your family are dealing with this. It is a real distraction from the true beauty that your wife is with child. Congrats on the new edition.

Take care of those you call your own and keep good company.
golden_swastika (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Hi urbanhillbilly,

Sorry for your situation.

Whatever it is, I think your instincts can clearly tell you if your family is in some sort of danger because of this thing. If you sense danger then I think you should temporarily leave your house soon as possible and seek help.

Always have a family prayer before you sleep. It helps in some cases.

Good luck
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
To me this seems to be some type of demon. You had mentioned the occurrences of event happens around midnight. Does your wife recall seeing shadows dashing by her side vision? For the time being pray for ArchAngel St. Michael to come fight off the demon if you ever feel threatened. I would like to help with this situation, if you would like, contact me through my email.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
I'm sorry for the things your wife is going through right now, it must be incredibly hard. Something to try to see if it is attached to the house or if it just hormones is have your wife stay with a friend or relative for a few nights. See if the dreams come back.

If they do, see a doctor about sleep paralysis. If not, I would try to catch some evidence on camera/voice recorder and seek spiritual help as many others have suggested. Do not use an Ouija board as that will make things worse especially if the entity is this strong and it sounds like it is. Be safe and good luck. Keep us posted!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
BJJ: Oh holy crap, now you've gone and confused an old woman! 😆 😆...

Guess we'll wait for clarification from the author... ❤
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Mm. I think a bit of clarification might be necessary here. It's unclear, at least to me, whether or not the wife was actually bleeding, or if the entire episode occured in her dream. If she was, well... That's really something.

In your case, the first thing I'd have done is research the possible meaning behind the possession and the devil in dreams. Oftentimes dreams are a manifestation of our subconscious; feelings and such that we may not acknowledge in our waking life. I suggest you do some research on the symbolism in dreams, particularly your wife's, and discuss it with her. Perhaps she's just harboring some hidden feelings that need to be brought into the open.

If nothing connects, then I suppose we can move onto a supernatural explanation. I hope this helps.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
I dunno, I've read this a few times, and he says "during the dream I was holding her trying to calm her down and I noticed there was blood on my hands, and blood covering her." He says she was attacked and bled to the point he feared for her life, and she awoke when things went "black and fuzzy," he makes no mention of things going back to normal. He is speaking from his point of view, or at least that's how it appears to me. Hopefully the author will get back soon to clarify whether he was describing his actions in her dream, or his actions in reality during her dream. I still want to know where the blood came from.
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Ahhh...you're right zzsgranny... I read it wrong and had to go back. Funny how one person can read something totally different from another... And STILL be wrong! 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Ummm...The blood was in HER dream... He was holding her in her dream... ❤

Okay, so I really think it could be your wife's hormones wreaking havoc...

Sorry, it's just something that's really bugging me! 😆
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
BadJuuJuu:
I believe it was a "hallucination" of sorts. Once the wife woke back up he said everything went back to normal.

Urbanhillbilly: I'd suggest spiritual help whether that's a priest, rabbi, etc. Sounds like there's something there. I would've thought it was just your wife having crazy dreams at night due to hormones but now that you've experienced it as well it definitely sounds like you have an evil presence in the home with you. Good luck and please keep us posted.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Where did the blood come from? You don't mention that, and that's a very important detail.
Jesusistheonlyway (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Hello urbanhillbilly, I believe God has brought me to the sight for a reason. What you are experiencing is demonic activity. And your wife may be facing sleep paralysis before too much longer. This problem may seem small right now, but it's going to get worse. I don't know if you have faith, but I know how to get rid of your problem. The problem is that it takes faith. I myself have been attacked by demons and I know without a shadow of a doubt that they are afraid of Jesus. Playing Christian music does a great job of scaring them off, especially music that refers to and says the name of Jesus. Secondly you can clean your house of demons by asking a group of believers (can be your family if you are a group of believers) to pray in each room in your house and asking God to send the presence of his Holy Spirit to each room of your house. Then use holy water or oil (which has been prayed over) to annoit your windows and doorways. I promise you this thing will leave your house. You may have to continue praying and playing music for a while until you notice it is gone. Then I encourage you and your family to find faith in Jesus and trust him to guide your future. I promise this will work. And if it ever comes back do it again! God bless you and let me know your outcome. Also, before I forget, when you do this you might see and hear things that will scare you, but you must continue to do it. They may try to scare you into stopping. But, don't let them! Trust and believe in Jesus. He will help you through this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: