This story is very different to my previous submissions which have involved Sleep Paralysis episodes and Out of Body Experiences.
Although there are some strange things that do occasionally happen in my house - flickering lights, the kettle coming on for no reason and phantom footsteps at night/first thing in the morning. I just put these things down to rational explanations like faulty electrics or an over-active imagination on my part.
But what happened to me last week really freaked me out. Last Saturday we had been out all day (my mother, father and I). We came back quite late. It is only the three of us who live in the house. On returning home, I went into my bedroom to fetch a few things and was horrified by what I saw... My floor was covered in broken glass and bits of porcelain - a small glass bowl and a vase that had been on my window ledge had fallen onto the floor and smashed into smithereens all over the carpet. It actually looked like my room had been vandalized. The shock of the sight nearly made my heart stop!
I know some of you will be saying to yourself - the objects must have just fallen off the window ledge. I would have thought the same but here are some things to take into account:
1. The window was closed so there would have been no gusts of wind to blow over the objects and also no one could have broken into the house.
2. The objects had not been placed on the edge of the window ledge to be able to fall off.
3. The curtains had been closed. How could the objects fall through thick pulled curtains?
4. My bed is situated between the window ledge and the floor so surely they would have fallen here first and not smashed directly onto the floor. The bed would also have broken their fall and would not have been so badly damaged.
5. The objects were smashed so badly, they looked like they had been purposely thrown onto the floor. My whole bedroom (which is quite big) was covered in fragments of glass and porcelain. It took me ages to clear the mess up and I was scared of cutting myself.
As I had said before, there were definitely no other people in the house to be in my bedroom and we didn't have a break-in. This has been puzzling me ever since it happened. I have asked my parents again and again if they had been in my room before hand but as I said before, we had been out all day.
The only other explanation that crossed my mind was possible Poltergeist activity; the phenomenon when objects move on their own accord. Our house has never experienced this type of thing before. When I told a friend about my Sleep Paralysis experiences, she joked that maybe our house is haunted. I must admit that sometimes I do feel uncomfortable in the house for no reason as if there is some type of presence or just a feeling of not belonging. I also get a creepy feeling from time to time before going to bed but I just related this to my Sleep Paralysis. Apart from this, I have never witnessed any objects moving on their own.
Would any readers have any ideas about what could have caused the above to happen? Any views will be considered, either rational or paranormal.