You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather's Last Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather's Last Goodbye

 

A little more than one year ago, my paternal granddad passed away after being sick for some time. He had several strokes and ended his days at a retirement home at the beginning of 2010. He was a talented musician, and wrote arrangements for orchestras and such.

It was the day of his funeral that I believe he said goodbye to me. After the funeral itself, we walked to the church's meetinghouse for coffee and cake. We we're sitting at different small tables and chatting when I suddenly felt a hand gently tapping me twice on the top of my head. I naturally thought someone wanted my attention and turned around, but there was no one there. The rest of the guests were sitting by the table behind me, but it was too far away for someone to reach out behind and touch me. No one in the room was standing up either, and both my brothers who were sitting on each side of me were faced forward with their hands on the table. I turned to one of my brothers and asked who was behind me. He looked at me with a weird look in his eyes and said "No one was or is behind you." I smiled a bit and thought to myself that it must've been my grandfather; he usually tapped me twice on the head or the back when I was hugging him.

Later in the day, I had returned home and suddenly felt exhausted, so I was lying down on the couch to take a quick nap. While I was dozing of, I suddenly remembered something I haven't thought of in years. When me and my brothers where kids, my grandfather used to lift us up in his lap, and pretend to play accordion on our waists, while he did funny sound as if he really played. We used to laugh a lot and loved when he did it. Anyway, exactly at the point where I was thinking about him doing that, I felt fingertips pressing into my waist. I immediately opened my eyes and sat up. The only person in the room was my mother, but she was sitting in a chair not near the couch I was lying in. I told her about what I just experienced, and she said that it was probably my grandfather who passed by to do what he knew always made us happy when we were kids.

Other hauntings by Melime

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babyjesus (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
hola first of all sorry to hear about your granddaddy believe that he did say his goodbyes to you, but that will not be the last time he will come around, he will come to your dreams and there will be times where you will actually smell him (like his cologne or lotions) you know what I mean. My mom past about 5 years ago and I wake up at least once aweek crying. I know that's not good but your mom is your first love, I think when all boys are about 4 or 5 years old we all tell our moms that we love them and that we are going to marry them. Lol well keep in touch and keep your mind opened cause anything is possible
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
[at] Dreamergal72: Sorry for your loss too! Maybe you smell his tobacco when he is visiting you:)
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Thank you so much for the heartwarming comments! It's really sweet of you ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Hi there Sorry to hear about your grandfather I did lost him too died in his sleep at home that morning and Did had a Dream before mom woke me up and Also Later I think it was one or two year ago that I smell his Tacba Sorry for the Spelled I smell them you know the old fashion silver can from the late 18 or 19 centenery that happen that Smell them in my bedroom before I take nap.
Sporky (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
That is such a sweet story. So sorry for your loss, but happy that he got to say goodbye. 😉 Thank you for sharing with us.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
What a beautiful story. I'm glad your grandfather came to say goodbye to you. I'm sorry for your loss.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Thank you all so much for your kind words! ❤
I'm sure it was my grandfather who stopped by to say goodbye before he moved on
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Melime,
You know I love these stories, always will. Of course it was your grandfather, how nice it was for him to come to you at that time, on that day. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad he got to say goodbye.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
this is such a sweet story thanks for sharing.
Its nice to think your grandad popped back to say a final goodbye very touching
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I believe you are correct in thinking those little things you experienced was his way of saying good-bye. He sounded like a very sweet man. Thanks for sharing this with us. 😊
PyroGirl (21 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I would be so amazed if that happened to me! 😁 Your so lucky! Except for your grandfather dying, that would be pretty sad. 😢
With all due respect,
PyroGirl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: