You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost At My Brothers House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At My Brothers House

 

My brother and his wife, their three daughters and three cats, found them self's a nice and cozy little house in Bornem. Bornem is a tiny village and part of the province of Antwerp.

They are living there for two years and two months now. And the "strange" things I'm going to talk about started happening one year ago.

It was at the end of January when I and my father went over to their place to help them out with jobs of a practical nature: electricity, stopping taps from leaking etc. My job, however, turned soon into entertaining their smallest daughter who didn't go to school yet.

As we were playing that day, someone was constantly observing me. In the corner of my eye there seemed to stand a small figure, just as small as Pella, which is the name of my youngest niece.

In the late afternoon, after my father and sister in law went to pick up the other two nieces from school, I spoke to my brother about this. He said he also had the awareness of a seventh presence in their home.

Then, somewhere in the middle of February, during another visit my father and I had paid them, this same spirit made it self really known to us.

As we were standing outside saying our goodbyes, all of the sudden a kid came running out of the hallway. I took a few steps back so it could pass but it still bumped into me. It ran against my leg and as it did I looked, I saw its head. It had curly hair and wore a bordeaux colored winter coat. It kept on running towards our car which was parked right in front of the house, and ran behind it. I, until that moment, still thought I had seen my eldest niece and went after her, since other cars used the small street much too frequently and drove often too fast for the kids safety. As I followed the direction she had gone to, she was gone. Then it came to my mind that I had actually seen how she had vanished before reaching the car. But since it was February and early dark, I thought it was the lack of light that had played a trick with my eyes.

I told the others that I had seen the eldest niece running out but that I couldn't find her. After which my sister in law ran inside the house and came out a minute later telling us she sat in the living room playing with the cats. The two younger sisters were both on somebody's arm all of the time.

This fourth ghostly daughter, as we soon started to call her, had become very much a member of their family. So much so that when they went out on a trip and they were counting the children, they said to them self's: oh, where is number four? Then realizing they had only three girls.

My mother saw her running after my sister in law, my brother saw her upstairs with the three daughters playing along (then she looked like the second oldest daughter, my father has seen her many times.

My brother told us that when they just moved in, his second daughter would ask him about the child who was floating in the air. They also heard how she seamed to have conversations with this spirit.

Lately they have not felt her around anymore and jokingly we've said: well, you are not planning on having more kids then three now, so she probably has gone to a young family who is still expanding.

Other hauntings by Petersspirit

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Petersspirit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hi applerose,

The person my brother and his wife did buy the house from said it had always been in their family. It must be over one hundered years old for certain. But as far as we know no child ever died there. It felt to me that when she ran out and vanished behind our car she was imitating the hide and seek game which my nieces so love to play. She also showed her self each time in the shape of one of the three daughters. Now, the other week, I told my sis in law, as we were visiting them, about how I came here to share these spiritual events. And I told her that I closed of by saying the girl has not bin seen lately. But she diden't seemed to agree with that, I should have asked her why... Anyhow, I did not see the girl then. Thank you very much for having read this and for the nice coment!
Greetings,
Peter
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Wonderful story - Did you do some investigating? When you said she ran toward the car then vanished - I wonder if that was a scene of her death being played out again - often ghost will play out their death over and over again. Again what a charming story - please let us know if the child is ever seen again. Thank you for sharing. 😊
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Hello taz890 and Javelina,

Thank you both for having read this! The only thing I did wonder about was that when talking to the girls and making reference to a fourth kid, they would look at me like I was saying something silly. As if they diden't know of her exsistence. But I will never forget how real it was when she ran out against my leg and vanished into thin air. And she was seen by all of the adults.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
I love that she was just "accepted", no questions or fretting over who it could be. That's a sweet and wondwerful story, thanks so much for sharing it. ❤ 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
what a sweet story its heartwarming to think that your family were happy to accept the little girl as part of the family, I think that it won't be the last time she is seen in the home now she knows she is welcome there
Thanks for posting this

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: