You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Choked In Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Choked In Bed

 

Three years ago I lived in a small studio apartment in Fullerton, CA. The apartment complex used to be a Hotel. My studio was on the second floor. I had lived there almost a year without anything paranormal happening. Until one night I woke up to a scary experience.

A feeling of being choked made me open my eyes. There was nobody in the room with me but I still felt someone had me pinned down. I tried to move but I was paralyzed. Then I tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth. Suddenly I felt the pressure on my neck loosen up. I swear I heard what sounded like a deep voice chuckling in my ear. At this point I was terrified and immediately started praying in my head. At the same time I was praying I felt my upper body being pulled upwards to a sitting position while I was paralyzed. After that I just remember getting angry. All the fear left my body and I angrily shook myself until I finally was able to move my entire body. I jumped out of bed and turned on all the lights. Like a lunatic I started yelling, "Get out of here! Leave me alone!" (Someone once told me that's what you have to do in situations like this) I waited for something to happen but nothing ever did.

I was so shaken up by the experience that I left the lights on dimmed every night after that for a long time. I moved out a few months later. A few weeks living at my new apartment I was woken up to something pinning me down again. Except that time I was sleeping face down. I reacted the same way. A few months later it happened again. This happened to me a total of three times before the attacks stopped completely.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TaniaG00l, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Its sounds like a combination of sleep paralysis and astral projection... In regards to the choking part, I'm still not sure what the deal is with that... But I generally go back to sleep pretty well, I don't want to make light of demon theories and have great respect for Jim D... But I know from my own experience when I start laughing at them they loose all power That they or my own subconscious has over me... Perhaps they think I'm cracked and move on... Good luck mate thanks for sharing...

Daz.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Sounds like it's not exactly a friendly spirit. It's definitely a negative energy. It's sounds like you did the right thing and told it to leave. You found the strength to face it, and were not afraid. Now try to keep that feeling. Remember it feeds on fear. Pray, have faith, and maybe contact someone who you think may help you. Maybe more helpful tips will come from here. God bless.
JimD (431 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Hi;

I'm sorry this has happened to you. The details are demonic in nature. The goal is to terrify the person via isolation and psychological warfare, at which they are adept. They attack with a vengence and then lay low for a period of time.

Dark shadows, foul smells, voices, night time scratchings / poundings, Feelings of being watched and, yes, also chocked are 100% demonic in nature. The demonic hours of highest activity are from 9:00 PM - 6:00 AM.

My standard counsel is: Catholic Holy water, especially at night and on the bed, and use of the names "Jesus and Mary help me". If Catholic, receipt of the Sacraments, especially Confession, helps a lot. Please hang in there, and email me if you like. God bless you. I hope its over. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
GeminiGoat (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Wow, I don't want to scare you but it sounds like you are or were being followed by a demon. You said it has happened three times and that you moved after the first time and it happened two more times at a new place. For some reason it is targeting you, it could be for no reason other then to just torrment you and take pleasure in doing so. You said it chuckled in your ear. Demons are fallen angels filled with hatred and malice towards all things good. If it happens again, I would advise that you seek help from godly people to be blessed and so they can pray for you. It is good that you stood up against it after that happened to you. You can't let it paralyze you with fear that will give it power over you. But you alone may not be strong enough to cast it away for good.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
firstly great post liked this alot.
Secondly well done you! Some people would just panic if this was happening but you fought back and (hopefuly) have beaten this thing again well done 😁
I hope this does not sound like I'm being patronising I'm not

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: