You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Black Cat At The Guilld Hall

Real Ghost Stories

Black Cat At The Guilld Hall

 

Have you ever had an experience but not known it was until some time later? I have!

When I was a younger I used to like going to the various museums in Leicester, I personally liked the Guild Hall on Guild Hall Lane in the town center.

The guild hall has been used for a lot of different things a girl's school, a police station and jail plus royalty has lived there too.

On one visit I got chatting to one of the workers there and they told me about a bible that is left out in the library up stairs that when left closed at night is found open in the morning and about strange fallings in the old cell area, I could not wait to see if I could "feel" anything in the 2 areas.

I decided to go in side to the library first while I stood looking at the old books in the glass cases against the wall I heard some one enter the room stop and then walk out again but as I looked towards the door no one was there now; all the floors are wooden so footsteps are heard quite clearly and loudly also, the place echo's a lot.

I followed the sound out of the library towards the stairs leading to the main hall but as I got to the top of the stairs a black cat ran between my legs and down the stairs almost tripping me up, grabbing on to the rail to stop my self falling down the stairs I lost sight of the cat. Cursing it I went down the stairs and looked for the worker I had spoken to earlier to complain about the cat thinking it was dangerous to let be there. I had totally forgotten about the footsteps I had heard by this time.

I did not find the worker but also did not see the cat so I thought it must have left the court yard and gone down the walk way out.

I did go to the cells but there were a lot of people there so I left again and went to another museum in the area.

Now for the strange bit!

Last week I caught Most Haunted on TV. They were doing the Guild Hall and were talking about the bible and the cells, "I used to go there" I said to my partner he told me he knows the woman who now runs the museum, then the presenter said something that sent chills running through me and left me speechless.

"There are also reports of a black cat that runs between peoples legs on the top of the stairs almost tripping them but the cat then vanishes"

I could not believe what I heard the presenter say! I turned to my partner and told him "that happened to me years ago" he said he had heard about it from his friend who runs the museum and she had said most people don't realize that its a spirit cat as it looks solid and not what most people think a spirit would be like until they tell someone there and they are told the truth about the cat.

I would tell anyone asking to go there it's a great place to visit but watch out for that cat.

Other hauntings by taz890

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taz890, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
[at] fanny less said about terri the better!
Thankyou for saying I rock and you love the story (always nice to get a new fan 😁)
And limboing in short dresses is not a good idea
Confession time~ been there~ done that~ fancydress party well drunk and dressed like a school girl
!DONT ASK!
GRANDMA TAZ ❀
P.S don't worry about the computer mine eats plenty of great comments and for the life of me I can't re write half of it πŸ˜†
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Grandma Taz, I wrote a nice long comment about how Terri sucks, you rock and how I got drunk at a wedding and limboed in a short dress but didn't remember for a few days (that last part was only added to make you laugh) and my stupid damn computer ate it! I give up!

Love you and your story!

Best,
Fanny ❀
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Tazzicles ~ I will remember that in the future, I think I was still house sitting and was side tracked that week πŸ˜†

Javelina~ HA! Thanks toots! I live to give and all of that ha ha ha

~leaves the rolled up newspaper in the corner of the room just in case~
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
[at] Dragonstorm,
I'm with taz! That was brilliant! One more point for you from me girl, you crack me up! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
dragonstorm just so you know I always reply to (clean normal) comments so if you add one you know to check back 😁

You will get the angle soon keep up with the practice πŸ˜†

Had to give you my first karma point of the day, rolled up news paper, love it!
Love you too dragon ❀
Carl
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
CRIKEY! Tazzicles I missed your reply to ME that started this silliness? How slow am I? πŸ˜† Glad you stood your ground, I still think this is a great story, sice I read and replied to it I have been noticing more and more "catty" activity and have been trying to use Javelina's advice about looking at angles to see the "cat in action" as it were, haven't quite got a handle on the angles yet though I am sorry to say guys πŸ˜†

~walks over to terri lewis with a rolled up newspaper and starts to gently bap her nose with it~ NO! NO! Bad Terri! Enough!

Love you tazzicles! ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
[at] daz so true mate you could have blown me down with a fan lol I was so shocked when I saw the program.

[at] DARKNESS I'm like a plucked chicken, real hard to ruffle my feathers lmao.
You prob already know but just in case I have been on fb today and left a few comments there.
Great new group and will be helpful to the others planning on learning the cards 😁

Most of the comments I left were on lauries messages/questions but will be adding the the posts when I can.
Carl
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Taz, mate there is always 1 isn't there, although there seems to be a heap of them on this site lately. πŸ˜† I know and I'm glad this 1 hasnt ruffled your feathers mate! Your getting harder to find online, be good to get your thoughts and input on the tarot site on FB when you get the chance mate!

Hope all is well!

Cashew Waterside!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Cool story taz, I could imagine your surprise when realizing it was a spirit cat... Way too much evidence to support we are much more than apparitions in the next realm thanks for sharing.

Cheers Daz
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
[at] javalina what ever is in the air stinks lol

[at] pretty in pain thank you glad you liked the story, and for the other comments too 😊

[at] granny thank you I'm sure you would have been here sooner if you could, work is such a pain!

[at] animalangels no need to be sorry it gets like this from time to time, glad you liked the story though thank you 😊

[at] rook interesting thought makes me go hmmmm for sure!
And you did not miss it just took a while to catch it lol
Plus you called me darling so forgiven for taking a while to catch it lmao
Puff bayram I'm always on board!?! πŸ˜†
Carl/suzie
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
Me thinks there may be a Terri and a Lewis posting under that name...

Things that make you go...Hummm...

Taz...Darling...how in Hades did I miss this one? Great validation... Sorry about the Troll... πŸ˜‰

Respectfully,

Rook (Puff Bayram to those in the know 😲...'ALL ABOARD'!)
AnimalAngels (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
Wow... Sorry I came at a pretty wired time didn't I? My bad!

Anyway, I wanted to say I really like your story and I really hope to read more from you soon!

❀,

AA
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
TerriLewis: Enough...Please, this is completely unnecessary... 😐

This comment from TerriLewis123 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Okay Terri, darling. The truth is that no one is attacking you, but I suppose that might be hard to comprehend when your blood alcohol level is higher than Snoop Dogg on 4/20. I suggest you talk about your personal issues at an AA meeting or with a trained professional, as it is very disrespectful and off topic to do so here. Calling one of our mods a troll immediately after you apologized and confessing your love for someone you don't even know is the reason for the "lolwut.". And it's a lot funnier that you don't know/pretend not to know what it stands for.

This comment from TerriLewis123 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Lolwut? Terri, I have no words for that.

Smooches!
Pretty In Disbelief

This comment from TerriLewis123 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
TerriLewis: This is a place where you can speak openly, we're all just a name on a page... But we try to keep the side conversations to a minimum, and considerate of the readership...Personally, I could have gone the rest of my life without having to read about your turn-ons...And there are readers who are much too young to be exposed to that particular type of "open discussion"...

I'm not going to bust your chops any more about it, a mistake is a mistake, and you owned up to...Let's let it go now...

*Note: The moderators will delete posts that are deemed inappropiate, at their discretion... Thank you for giving your permission, albeit unnecessary πŸ˜‰
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Hello Zzsgranny, Thank you again for your comment. I will try harder. I guess in a way though, I just thought of this sight as a place where I could talk openly. I hope the moderators can delete my comments if they found them too indiscrete.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
TerriLewis: Nobody's perfect...That's why we have moderators on this site... I don't expect you to be perfect, just respectful...It's not too much to ask... Thank you in advance for your commitment to try harder 😊
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Yes, Zzsgranny, that's probably good advice. As with everything, I will do my best, but please know that as I said, I am far from perfect.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
taz: No tutting this time!...Sorry I wasn't here sooner, I have to work for a living πŸ˜†...

TerriLewis: One of the first signs that someone has a "problem" with drugs or alcohol is when they use that substance as an excuse to act ignorant...Please, if you can't maintain a level of respect while under the influence of such substances, then please refrain from commenting on this site until you sober up... Thank you for understanding...
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Taz,

This is such an incredible story! I would have been so excited to see such definitive validation.

Additionally, I am so sorry your story got hijacked like this. Getting drunk is no excuse for talking about perverted sexual fantasies, comparing pedophilia to homosexuality, and her late term abortion. And the hole keeps getting dug deeper with her desperation for your acceptance and her blatent disrespectful ASSumptions and generalization for all Christians. I am sorry to even address this after we have swerved off topic.

Much respect to you and your lovely partner, and of course your wonferful story.

Pretty ❀
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
[at] taz,
What a pile of poo!
It's not a full moon, the circus isn't in town, there has got to be something weird in the air! 😜

Jav ❀

This comment from TerriLewis123 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

This comment from TerriLewis123 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Perhaps I shouldn't be responding, but for the sake of this issue & in case there are young eyes reading this, I want to say that you all crucify me over a thought. Let me guess, you're all Christians. Maybe not, but it probably is wise to judge carefully. Hopefully my Prince/Princess will come to my defense.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
jav exactly! What is this person on?
I had 2 comments from this person (if you want to call it one) second was on "goodnight charlie"
I felt I had to reply but the comment was strange to say the least, (go check and see what you think)
Just said thanks as politly as I could
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
good point zetafornow how this troll could have thought what it did is beyond me.

Glad you liked the story though 😁

[at] phenobarbidoll I should proof read more lol
I ment to say plenty more on HERE to read (not on her)

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: