You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unknown Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Unknown Visitor

 

When I was about 5 years old my family lived across the street from my favorite aunt. I often played in the front yard in the afternoons. I remember one particular Sunday I had played in the front yard until close to sunset.

My Aunt and Uncle were not home. My uncle was a pastor and on Sunday nights he spoke at his church.

I recall sitting on my front porch, which directly faced their house. They had a large wrap around porch that ended at the front door. I sat outside for quite sometime and distinctly saw a weirdly dressed woman moving slowly around the porch from the left side of the house. She was dressed in all black from head to toe, had on a large hat, a long full dress and what almost looked like a black veil over her face. I vividly recall staring in awe because she sort of glided across the porch. It seemed as though she had no feet!

Slowly she reached the door and I saw her knock. I was almost speechless because I was in awe at her strange clothing. I stood up and yelled," No one is home! They are at church!" She turned around towards me and looked at me for a moment. I tried to see her face but what was behind the thin veil-like material was a blur to me. Her face looked almost like a fog!

She knocked again and I yelled out once more, "My Aunt is not home!" She turned to me again and vanished! She just simply vanished. My heart raced as I looked around to see if anyone was outside and had seen what I had but I was all alone on the front lawn!

I ran inside and told my mom. She came out and looked towards the house as I vividly described what had happened. I recall not getting much of a reaction from her. She hugged me and told me not to worry. I don't recall her telling me I had imagined it, which to me at the time was strange. I remember other nights when I sat on the porch and looked towards my aunt's house but I never saw the lady again.

I now understand that her "weird" clothing was what we would now describe as period dress. I also understand that she was a full body apparition. I still, after 25 years, get chills thinking about it!

This would be the first of many things I saw there. As I grew older my mother explained to me that the house was over 100 years old and that it often had a lot of "activity". My Aunt and Uncle have lived there for over 50 years now and have shared some of their personal experiences with me.

I used to be scared to stay there but now I understand that it is just a big old house with a lot of history.

Other hauntings by lulusghosts79

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lulusghosts79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Ahhhh Javelina you never cease to crack me up "old fog face eh" hahaha love it. 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I agree with Dreamergal72 about the mourning clothes. But what got to me was the face made of fog. That's about a 7 on ths creep-o-meter if you ask me. And definitly an intelligent type haunting, which just makes old fog face seem even creepier.
Good story, thanks for sharing. 😨
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
lulusghosts79: Thank you for your reply, had to laugh though it seems you are as good at drawing as I am lol. Interesting points you brought up about the year and one day if they are in full mourning very interesting I didn't know that. It seems it would make sense then if she had passed away whilst in mourning might explain why she was in the attire. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks again 😊

Dan
lulusghosts79 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
[at] Darkness (Dan) -- No one ever recalls seeing this woman in the past. I never thought about it but it is really creepy that you mention she acknowledged me. Ahh!:) I never focused on that. I do believe it was mourning attire she wore. I do know, after doing some research, that women in the early 1800s until the early 1900s had to wear black for one year and one day if they were in full mourning. I wonder if she passed within the time frame of her mourning? Her attire is very vivid in my mind. I wish I could draw for you guys and post it but I can't even draw a stick figure.: (It is definetely an experience I won't forget.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
I also get the impression of Funeral Attire as dreamergal72 has mentioned, but what stumps me is why this attire was there a time when deceased woman were dressed like this before being layed to rest? This I believe will forever be unkown to us just like most things regarding spirits. I'm also ruling out residual haunting because she acknowledged you when you yelled to her. Had your Auntie or Uncle ever witnessed this floating woman?

Thanks for sharing your story.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Now that was creepy! Your description of the woman is in my head and giving me the chills like crazy. 😨 Could you imagine answering the door and seeing that? 😲 I definitely would have fainted.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Whoa, Very interest Time Period CLothes Most had been like 1700 or 1800 clothes You say black all over Maybe A Funeral clothes Like a Mourer When time Centery Lady wear when she in Mourer when somebody died and have wear black dress with Time period Along time ago they have to wear fancey clothes As a rules until they change later years. So maybe she use to live there in 100 years ago. One thing if she did live there before why she knock at the door? That a strange way or maybe a Family or friend in along ago.
LaraCroft (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
How eerie and fascinating! She was probably coming back to visit her old home... I am getting the chills! 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: