You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Moving Cross

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Cross

 

December 26th was a confirming that there is a spirit in my house.

The wife and kids woke me up as they were getting ready for church. I had been telling myself to attend more church services but that morning I just wanted to sleep in. My dad's TV wouldn't let me sleep so I got out of bed to take a shower.

Well, as I was drying off I look to my left and seen that one out of the two crosses on the wall was sideways. I didn't snap right away but within a half second I gave a double take and just froze. I must have stood there motionless about five minutes. Then I wrapped up in the towel and walked out of the bathroom backwards. I did not want to turn my back to it because after seeing that I knew there was someone in there with me. Getting dressed in my room, I could not believe what I had just seen.

My dad was in the house with me at the time so I called him to the hallway bathroom. I told him to stand at the doorway and tell me what he saw. He noticed it right away and asked me why did I do that and to fix it now. I explained to him that when I walked in the bathroom both crosses were right side up and that when I got out the shower one of them was sideways. He said wow there really is a ghost in this house.

Those crosses have been in the bathroom for about three to four months and have not moved. They used to be in the hallway but we had to relocate them due to remodeling. I know that cross was not like that before I went in the shower because you can't miss them. They are the first thing you see when you walk in because they face the door. My wife and kids probably spent a couple of hours in the bathroom before church and my wife would have noticed that. The kids can't reach them because they are about seven feet from the ground. Plus they know that the cross is not to be played with.

I left the cross alone so that way I could show my wife after she came home from church. Well wife and kids come home and I told my wife to come to the bathroom and look and she told me right away that this is not funny and to put it back the way it was. I told her the same thing I told my dad. She said that it was our ghost and was pretty much freaked out the rest of that week. We have suspected some type of spirit in our house for some time now but always talk our selves out of it. That morning was confirmation that we are not alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Inspector145, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
The only thing that can be terrifying in this story is the fact that you're religious and crosses mean something to you and seeing it out of position was upsetting. Other than that, it's just an ornament on the wall that came loose, that's it.
clairvoyant (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
i see how this could have freak you out! Its seeing something all the time that never changes, and then boom its gone or placed different when you know no one did anything to it
Frostcore (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
I could think of many different reasons for the crosses moving on their sides. But what gets me is why would a spirit want to move them in the first place?

They say thought creates, so maybe in your subconscious you were thinking about church and that was what moved them.

Just something to consider,

-Frostcore
Inspector145 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Yes I've had other occurences and was trying to publish one tonight but the page is closed. This one was a week after Valentines. Hannaho11 the cross moved completely sideways not a little bit. To me it's pretty serious since my father only living with us for a year now has his own couple of stories.
SpiritsWindsForever (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
😕 😕 I'm not sure what to think... 😕 No offense just confused... In between being skeptic or believer... Not saying its not true, just so many possibilities... But you said other things happened for you to suspect ghosts... Would you be able to share with us?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Anything with a cross moving or being moved terrifies me! Have you had any further occurances?

God Bless!
hannaho11 (11 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I think your being a bit over the top...
It was only moved a bit.
It's not as serious as other peoples stories
But oh well.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hi Inspector145, Thanks for sharing your story. Maybe the remodelling stirred up some activity in your house. You say that you always thought that there might be a ghost in your house, why did you feel something strange in the past? Trix ❤
Inspector145 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hey 51031 and 926, thank you for the comments and I did not take the explanations wrong. As a matter of fact I wish you were both right. The cross came from church and is made of palm leaves for Palm Sunday. It is light as a feather and has a thumb tac in the center keeping it on the wall. The thumb tac is pretty tight on it, and it doesn't move side to side unless forced. There's nothing as far as correct locations on a cross, just put them in the next closest room. The pipes do not vibrate, and it did not slip from moisture. I have three kids and they bump the walls all the time. That cross has been there three to four months in the up right position. Like I said earlier, wish you guys were right. I will post more stories and would like to keep contact with you guys. THX
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Inspector145 - as well as the different explanations cosmogal has offered, anyone bumping against the wall could have caused the crosses to move. We're not trying to discount your story, just trying to "debunk" the natural possibilities.

As cosmogal requested, we would like to hear the other things that have happened. Thank you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I'm sorry to say that there are at least 3 different explanations I can come up with for what happened. Vibrations from the water in the pipes could have shaken the cross loose, the nail could have come loose, and moisture on the wall from the steam could have made it slip. Ok so you explained that due to renovations you had to move the crosses, but why in the bathroom? I am Catholic and my family has crucifix's, statues, and candles in the bedroom, living room, front hallway, but I have never come across anything in a bathroom. That is definitely an odd place to put 2 crosses. You mentioned other things have happened to let you suspect a ghost. Would you mind telling us what they are? Thanks 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: