You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Experiences In Old Apartment Building

Real Ghost Stories

Experiences In Old Apartment Building

 

Experiences in Old Apartment Building

I moved into an old 1920s apartment building in Pennsylvania back in January. I have experienced things for most of my life in various houses, so it's really no surprise to me.

However, my new apartment seems to have the most activity I have experienced yet.

Today, I was in my dining room sweeping the floor and I felt this weird feeling that there was a presence in the kitchen watching over me. It gave me the chills and I felt very uneasy, so I moved into the living room to sit on the couch and read.

A few minutes later, I hear a very loud knock on the kitchen door one room over. Our kitchen door leads to a fire escape that we only share with one other neighbor. Whenever they open their kitchen door it creaks very loudly so I always know when they are out there. But I did not hear their door. I got up still hearing the knocking and opened the curtain to see who was at the door. There was nobody there. And I never once heard the neighbor's door open. I know the girl wasn't home either because I had heard her leaving for work previous to this incident.

I went back to sit on the couch and felt very disturbed and the feeling that I was being watched did not stop for another half hour.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shoegazer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shoegazer (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I no longer feel scared of this ghost. After I posted this story, it started to do more and more things when I was home alone (turning on the television, knocking things off walls, opening doors). Honestly I think it was trying to get my attention. I started talking to it very reassuringly that I would help it. It seemed highly attracted to me. I sleep a lot during the day and whenever I would wake up there would be heavy smells directly next to me of cinnamon and old clothing like it was hovering over me. But now I feel very at ease, I feel like it wanted someone to pay attention. I definitely think it has moved on though since I started addressing and talking to it. My house feels very calm and no disturbances have happened. However ghosts are finding me in other places now.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hello Shoegazer,

It is strange but very true that no matter how many times we have had these contacts before, it keeps on being "scary" so it seems. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Wonderful to read.

Greetings,
Peter
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hi shoegazer, don't get nervous because a spirt can feed off of that energy. This spirt isn't there to harm you in any way. So like I said before don't get nervous!

Best of luck,

- erin19 ❤
EmoChick (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Like KimSouthO says, try telling him to go to the light. And if he doesn't or can't then try helping him. Maybe he can't find the light and you need to help him. Ask him what he wants. Either way he's attached to you or something of yours,,

Hope I helped a little bit
❤ 😊 ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I do hope that who ever is inhabiting the apartment (aside from you) would find peace. It sounds as if someone is lost there.

Try telling them, out loud, to go to the light. That they need to go to peace. If this does not work, let us know and maybe we can go from there.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: