You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Not Alone At All

Real Ghost Stories

Not Alone At All

 

About 3years ago I helped my boyfriend move into a cozy one bedroom flat, perfect I thought apart from I always had this un-nerving feeling that I wasn't alone.

As you opened the front door there was along hallway with a door to your right, the bathroom, further down the hallway another door to your left which lead to the bedroom, and straight ahead at the very end was a doorway to the kitchen/sitting room. There was no door thought just the empty frame.

I always felt as though some one was stood in the doorway with there hands on the top of the frame swinging as in a playful way staring at me. Whether I am watching TV, cooking, or walking down the hallway to the bathroom.

I didn't like the feeling and my boyfriend always agreed something felt wrong we both felt it was female, never the less I learnt to live with it.

Always kept the hallway light on, always woke him up in the night when I needed the loo and generally avoided moving around in that doorway.

Several months passed and things got moved, noises heard and deep gasps of breathe would be heard.

One day we were in the center of town where we met an old friend who had lived in the area for quite a while who began to tell us about the pervious tenants.

A young couple had lived there and one of which had hung them in the kitchen doorway-hence why there was no door in the frame. Hence the feeling of someone stood there with there hands up on the doorframe swinging.

Or course they were swinging as the hung them self and hands were up the top of frame maybe as they struggled or tied the rope.

Well we moved out shortly after and ever since then keep having strange things happen even to this day, but I leave the most recent story for another day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bulbpenny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
I have to say that, though it's a sad and painful subject, to me the thought of someone getting to a point in their existance that the only solution is suicide has me thinking more in line with Pjod. For whatever reason, this may have been an act predetermined for that spirit. I believe that every life has meaning. Whether we pass through to the next stage of existance may depend on our experiences in this life following a predestined path.
The loved ones left behind in this scenario may need this experience to move forwaed themselves. Who's to say?
Then again, this line of thinking might also be a way of dealing with the unanswered questions left in the wake of such a tragedy. A way to ease the pain of those left behind.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
pre-determined...
Lets keep in mind, suicide is not the only harsh way to go out. I can't wrap my mind around the idea that a child can come into this world... So innocent... Only to die of starvation. Just does not seem right...however, it just could be an experience that particular spirit needs to go through, as sad as that may seem to us, the living. We can not, on this side, begin to understand the complexities involved with past/future lives, and the experiences we need to take on while in the flesh, only to advance our spirit self, on the other side.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
Hello bulbpenny,

This scary sharing gave me the chills! Perhaps that right before she died she had second thoughts to not go through with it, hence the feeling of strugle? It's even more scaryer when you said these strange happenings seemed to have followed you to your new residence! Thank you for sharing.

Greetings,
Peter 😐
ams112700 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
Well that would be truely terrible!
God bless ❤ 😊 do you know why they hung themselves?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I am sorry, but again this is an open forum and unless someone is being offensive or beligerent, opinions are welcome.

I have one more opinion I would like to place here... I can not imagine, ever, that suicide is a pre-determined part of anyones life-ever. I just hope that whatever suffering led to this decision of suicide has passed and they can cross to the light.

Thanks!
God Bless!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Pjod I agree with you 10000% I have always thought those same things
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
here is the thing about suicide. How do we know, that the person who commits this act, was not meant to experience it in this particular lifetime? Or maybe a family member was meant to experience the consequences of losing someone that way... It is just too complicated a thing to say what happens, one way or the other. If it's true, that the spirit comes to human form, many times to gain experience, who is to say the final act of taking ones own life leaves a person in a state of limbo.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I think that this suicide tried to stop the death and it was too late. Like she changed her mind. I think that is why she lingers around. SHe ultimately didn't want to die but she was too late. That is the image I get when reading your story.

Suicides are interesting deaths that I don't exactly know how they are handled in the next plane. I do know they are not punished and tormented for all eternity. She is just trying to make up for what she really didn't want to lose.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Trix,
just to straighten out your comment below. You mention a spirit, having to repeat something as horrible as suicide, over and over. I believe you to be confusing a residual haunting, with that of an intelligent haunt, that may be lingering in an area, for whatever reason...including, perhaps, suicide. The residual, it is believed, is only that of a tear in the record of life, skipping... With no feeling, thought, or intelligence. No one is thought to be suffering, in a residual haunt, except maybe for the living who experience it over and over, not understanding what it actually is.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hi bulbpenny, I always get this creepy feeling about suicides. I can't imagine in what extend someone must be pushed in life to take his own life. This is very sad. To hang yourself... I admit I will never have the guts to do that. Shame they are so disturbed I feel sorry for them especially if they don't cross over. The worst part is that I wonder if they repeat this suicide over and over as ghosts too. I wouldn't stay in that place either with a history like that. Trix ❤
Frostcore (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Shame, they have most likly got themselves trapped.

In my house I get that being-watched feeling when walking up the stairs, tried to do somthing about it but the thing won't accept my help.

Anyway, good luck 😜
EmoChick (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
you should have tried talking to her, see what she wanted and maybe got her to cross? Anyway great story and I hope to read more!
❤ 😊 ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I feel sorry for that poor lost soul that felt their only way was suicide. It sounds as if they are now trapped.

Are you and your boy friend still in the flat?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: