You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Night Time Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

My Night Time Visitor

 

I grew up in an apartment with my 2 brothers, mom, and dad. We all use to experience weird stuff but I was the one who always saw it all. I use to share a bunk bed with my older brother, and we always use to scare each other. My mom would always come in and make sure we were okay.

One particular night I was half awake and heard our bedroom door open, I thought it was my mom just checking on us. As it opened I felt this presence that I haven't felt before, than something grabbed the ladders to the bunk bed. Thinking I would see my mom, a black figure appeared. It had no distinct features to it, as it was climbing up the ladder it started looking right at me. Than as it reached the top it started reaching its hand towards me as if it was trying to grab me. My heart started beating super-fast as if I just ran a marathon. I cowered under my sheets and felt it leave the room.

The following day I asked my mom and she said she didn't even come into the room that night. So the same day I was left home alone, I decided to watch Lord of The Rings. I was sitting on the couch and heard someone crawling on the floor behind me. My brothers and I always use to scare our dad this way; we would get on our bellies and crawl behind the couch. I thought to myself it couldn't be my brothers because I didn't hear the front door open. So I shot up and jumped over the couch to scare whoever it was, to my disbelief there was nobody there. Than a cold chill ran down my back. I was freaked out, I made sure the windows hadn't been open and the front door was still locked.

Over the next 5 years we left the apartment and moved into a house. Now my aunt is living with us and is seeing the stuff we grew up with and can't handle it. I still see the black figure from time to time, usually when I'm alone. Hope you enjoyed my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jemiance, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

klpvolleyball4 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
That was a good story! I think if that were me I wouldn't have been able to handle it either!
BloodRed (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
I think your story was interesting. Some people on here shouldn't be so rude and just say "you made it up".
Jemiance (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Let me remind you guys I've grown up seeing this stuff and I'll probably post more of my experiences. These spirits always seem to be drawn to me.
Jemiance (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
[at] mjtwins Well I now know it was following my aunt. Lets just I know what it is and it's very bad. Not something I'd like to come to face to face again.
Jemiance (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
[at] magicinme Well that was the one time it did something to me. I have seen it following my aunt's around though. It really messes with my aunt, but she's to scared to have a ceremony with our tribes medicine man to see what it is.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Well, the crawling bit sounded scary but I think since the experiences were the kind you had experienced with "real people" then I think it was just your own mind.
mjtwins (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
what you are experiencing might be a diseased relative trying to contact you by giving you signs of there presnce or possibly some lost soul or spirit wondering through our world. If you keep having these experiences you should email us your connections with them and how you feel about them and what you feel when there around.
Elaina28 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
I don't really believe your story is real, but I enjoyed reading it.
magicinme (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
wow this sounds very scary becuse you are all ways alone but has this "shadow" done any harm to you?
lilmamaooohgurr (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
big red nose PURPLE PANTS CLOWN oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Hi;

Dark shadows normally indicate the demonic. It doesn't sound chronic, but they normally step it up prior to Easter and Christmas. My normal counsel is Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night and using the names of "Jesus and Mary". Watch the reaction. If you need more, my email is Dukes2352atAOL.com.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Well, it sounds like all this activity seems to have followed your family. This 'activity' must get enough energy from your family that it stays around. Or, since you can see this 'spirit', it is attracted to you for that reason. You never said if you feel any negativity from it. Just, watch, and be careful. Have you thought of relating to your aunt of what you see? Or perphaps you have. It's up to you what you want to do next. Somehow your aunt needs her peace of mind. Maybe the usual standards, prayer, firmly telling 'it' to leave her alone. Or cleansing the house. Good luck.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Thank-you for writing such an interesting story! That is really spooky about the shadow/dark person. It climbed the ladder. I was thinking about your story and thought it might be a dream? Anyways, if it isn't, it probably is an entity that wanted to grab you or try and tell you something.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Wow that is an interesting story. Does the spirit feel like it means you harm or anything like that? Or does it feel more like it just wants to be there?

Peace
JustCurious
minimom (50 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Please clarify one teensy little thing for me. Why would a spirit need to climb a ladder to get to the top bunk? I've seen my share and they pretty much float to wherever they want to be. Just saying...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: