You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is The Paranormal Making Us Ill?

Real Ghost Stories

Is The Paranormal Making Us Ill?

 

A family of 3 from Brampton, Ontario experiencing unreasonable amount of physical pain, excruciating amount of random "burning", highly severe migraines, sickness identified as physically "disabled", and ESPECIALLY sudden negative relationship behaviors.

Like any other families we were never perfect previously, however, we were never as negative as the past 3-4 years. Our family is at the breaking point and I am afraid our relationship may also be at a no-return junction. What is the most obvious is how each time we try to resolve an issue; we are not capable of even responding to one another in a positive manner. It is as if, something is keeping us from being able to latterly "speak" to resolve and move on in a happy manner. It feels very wrong, not like the last 15 years. This type of phenomenon seems to be getting worse and worse. Each of our reactions and behavior seems to be getting highly "aggressive"?

I have been in the paranormal, Aliens, government conspiracies research since I am 13 years old with my father who was super healthy then strangely died from Alzheimer at the age of 65 years old. My father and I used to attend seminars and conferences in Montreal on all kinds of subjects related to paranormal research. Why now?

In 2016, while watching TV, I suddenly turned my head and witnessed a "black, very dark" shape of a head, shoulders and torso sitting on a corner chair of our living room. It lasted a few seconds, but I am certain I did see it. At the time, I did not feel any negative feelings; however, I know it was looking at me. Something is not quite right in this house. My son and I did hear (very close to our ears) the word "hey" at separate occasions, which one sounded like a "child-like" voice. Just recently, I was I was waken up by a strong "pocked" on my right! I also had other extremely personal experiences but with all due respect, I do not wish to or am permitted to share at this time.

A few years ago, a few houses down from ours, had a suicide. At the time, the new owners who took residence in that house came visit in our home as neighbors without us knowing, at the time, that there had been a suicide in their house.

Our faith is Catholic; however, with all the knowledge I have on the Aliens subject, it is very hard for me at this point, to believe everything we were told when we grow up in the 70's about a higher power such as a "God". I do realize this can complicate matters for us. Yes, I want to believe there is, however I feel extremely conflicted on that subject. Is this related to a negative entity in our house, perhaps of a worst nature which I refuse to say the name (because, I do not want to give it more power if it is of that nature) or is this simply paranoia from hearing all the conspiracies that truly exist in the world we live in, I do not know. All I know is that we are all pretty grounded individuals. But, regardless, I know that something is not right!

My most important concern is how we just recently sold the house. Before we go on to another establishment, we certainly do not want to bring with us an attachment "IF" this is the case. Again, I feel very conflicted. I wanted to perform some kind of blessing, cleansing of our house, but I know enough about paranormal "NOT" to start playing with anything that may actually make it worst if not perform properly and especially if we are conflicted with our fate. I also wanted to use technology instrument to try and tap into whatever may be around us, but again, I know enough about the paranormal not to try anything in case it makes it worst. I am really not sure what to do other than sharing our experiences with others and try to make some sense into what is happening to us?

If anyone can share any advice and/or be willing to assist us with what "may" be happening, please do not hesitate to contact us, any professional advice is highly welcome.

Thank you very much for reading and paying attention to our story.

Sylvie

Sylive@bell.net

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sylive_101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-17)
Hi Sylive welcome to Y.G.S.

I agree with all of the advise you are getting,I'm just going to put my 2 cents worth in.

Prior to doing your cleansing if you have any Welcome Mats turn them around so Welcome faces away from the door. This was the spirit (s) will know they are welcome to leave. Use the name of the spirit as you tell it to leave your home. Malevolent spirits and demons don't gain power over you if you say their name, quite the opposite if you are stern when you say their name they know that you are less afraid of it, which gives you power.

Family Therapy is a good idea. You mention that there is a 16 year old in the house. Teenage angst can cause many problems including a poltergeist. Poltergeists can and do cause havoc in the family, move things around etc.

If you live in a community with those big ugly high tension wires the high E.M.F. Can cause problems. Headaches,hallucinations,dizziness,among other things.

Okay I put more than 2 cents worth, sorry about that.

Regards
Red
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-17)
Hi Melda... Please no worries, I would never think you mocking, I appreciate all your comments and keep them coming.
Any comments from you Melda is totally welcomed!
Talk to you again soon
Sylvie 😁

In General:

I will be attempting real soon to bless and do cleansing of my house...
I just have to find the right tools to do it and I have been working on getting my fate back into God, the way I need to then try to live every day in a most positive manner as possible...
Hope it works...

I will comment as soon as I am ready to perform the cleansing just to make sure if anyone has any last minute advice, please I'm open to any suggestions and any past experience doing so yourself.
As soon as I know where we will be moving, I will also be cleansing and getting the new place bless also.

Always nice to hear from everyone
Sylvie 😊
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
Bibliothecarius: Good for you Bi... Nice try, keep it up, you never know if we're going to need to communicate with others of different languages. Especially in writing I find it is so difficult to try and explain without missing the point or hurt other's feelings, its hard within the one language image 2...anyways thanks for the "French', its great!
Always nice...Sylvie
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-09)
Sylvie, ce n'est pas d'un problème!

J'étais un étudiant en des classes Français, en Angleterre et dans (peut-être ce n'est pas <dans> et c'est <aux>?) États-Unis; de temps-en-temps, quand je regarde un film ou un programme familier, j'utilise les sous-titres Français aussi pour éviter d'oublier la langue.

Of course, the older I get, the more difficult it is to remember the verb conjugations, the genders of nouns, the right prepositions, and what I had wanted to say in the first place...

Best,
Biblio.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
Sylive - No I definitely was not mocking your English!

It was just the names that made me curious 😊

Regards, Melda
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-07)
Bibliothecarius

About the profile thing, we'll do once I'm done writing it. Although, I may have done most of it already, down below... Loll 😉 You're very kind to guide me through it, thanks!

About the therapist thing... Let's just blame it on the "French" thing? 😜

Appreciate...always
Sylvie
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-07)
Hi Malda... Off topic is no problem at all, we're getting to know each other, that's all.

Either, you're a medium? Or, for someone in the education, I'm obviously in urgent need of additional "English" writing courses? Am I that obvious...again? Loll [Kidding]

Although I'm born French Canadian from Montreal, Quebec, since I've been in Ontario (20 years), I always had a strong verbal accent. I still write in a "backwards" manner. No matter how hard I try to hide it and/or correct it, I seem to not be able to get rid of it! And, sure enough, Malda noticed!😜 No worries, it's all good!

Yes, I'm 100% completely "French". Would it help if I say I prefer the "English" language, cause I truly do!
Ouff, hope I got this one right, I mean it in a very good and funny sense of humour way...

P.S.: I was hoping I wasn't out of line the way I responded to Mr/Mrs aedelberth so thanks for that! Although, his/her mother (see the profile) seems to be a very wise woman...

Always nice to share with you!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-07)
Sylive - This is a little off topic.

Are you actually French speaking, as in French Canadian? I ask because of your names.

Coincidentally enough I have a very good French friend here in South Africa named Sylvie, plus my niece has a 17 month old baby named Mathieu 😊. Her husband is French.

I hope you don't think I'm being too personal, I'm simply curious!

Good on you for sticking up for yourself against a certain poster!

Regards, Melda
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
Sylvie:
Go to the top right of your screen (Account | Profile | Log Out) & click "Account."
Bullet-pointed options appear on the next screen; option two is "View Profile | Edit Profile."
Select "Edit Profile" to open up your personal info, and you may edit & adjust your profile data from there.
-Biblio.
P.S.: It's good to know you're not trying to be your own family therapist, and that I was mistaken in the intent of your statement. That's far more reasonable and sane, given the circumstances...
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
In general, until my profile is completed, here's a little of me:

I consider myself to be a strong, "neutral" individual; at least, I try to. I try not to judge anyone, "who are we to judge anyone, all experiences are individual", that is how I was raised. So, when I read your insights I do not take it negatively.
After all, if you take the time to respond to "my" experience, it is from interests to respond, I consider everyone's advice and opinion I really do appreciate that... A lot! After all, that's the whole point of this website...Isn't it

To a fault, I'm the type of person who doesn't want to bother others. I rarely ask for help because the only help I wish to receive is one like I give, straight from the hart, like a "calling", like my profession is a "calling". The drive to help others, to make a difference in people's lives, a positive impact in our society.

And...yes I know, I write a lot, I realize my letter and replies are 'long' and detailed. But, in my opinion, if you are going to do it, mind as well go all the way, give as much details as possible so the ones who care to listen will know as much as they need to know to understand fully the situation. To me, there's no other way.

But, I'll "try" to keep it shorter next time...I'll try...lol

"thanks" your replies are helpful and fantastic to even get responses, to me its worth putting myself out there.

Pls... Keep them coming, it's great!
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
Oups, I made a mistake:

When I first wrote in my profile, it was my very first time, I wasn't too sure on how it worked, I wrote my story as part of my profile... Mmm not exactly what I meant to do. I tried to fix it but I am not able to go back.

I will contact the website owners and ask them to publish my actual profile as soon as complete it.

I apologies for this confusion.
Sylive101
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
To all my responders, the regulars, all of you so special...

Hi everyone, I apologies for not responding earlier, overwhelmed with life at the present time... Which, I realize is the same with many others. This is why I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond, this is what makes each and everyone of you so special... Thank you!

I want to go back to the fact that I mentioned in one of my response that I am certified in the "special education" field. In general, I try very much "not" to engage with my own family as a "therapist", because I am "not" a therapist. To me there's difference. But, mostly I cannot use my education in this case because I am completely, entirely, personally and closely "involved". It was to make the point that I am able to recognize the difference between "behavioral" root-cause of a conflict. It was to make sure people understood that I did consider that fact, and the reason why I am considering something deeper than simple family conflicts is perhaps because after eliminating the obvious, it may just be something else... Just may be? This is when I decided to share on this website.

Having said that, "yes" absolutely, you are right when you say that any negativity can bring unwanted negative energy in the home. So all the advise about getting a family therapist, in a "paranormal" meaning, yes, I totally agree, we'll do... Thank you! ❤
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
Lightwithus:

Wow, you see, this is exactly why I decided to share my experience...thanks, it's great!

Rookdygin:

The point of me sharing with you this extremely personal experience, is to find others that perhaps have experienced something similar and those who are experts (by the way, thank you Rook... It means so much to me that you responded because of your special gift). I intend to use your guiding on performing blessings and cleansing. For that, thank you so much!

If you don't mind, I may have a few questions:

What kind of "sage, salt" should I use, can you recommend specific brands?

Where would be the best places to obtain the real thing?

Thanks again Rook!

😳
Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
aedelberth:
I think you've mistaken this website for people who actually do "not" believe in the paranormal? IF you don't believe in any of this, then why are you even here... It seems to me that you may be feeding on other's life events, negativity or even misery. My experience, seems to get you going... Mmm

Before I wrote our experiences, I thought very carefully and it took me a very long time to dare to do it. Not from the fear of ridicule...no, cause I'm way pass that stuff. I decided to do so because I took the time to read many of this website stories. I thought to myself, well, finally, somewhere where I can openly "share", without
"judgement". By that I mean, without "discrimination" and 'harassment".
😲

This comment from aedelberth is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Lightwithus (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Hi sylive

I am new too in YGS, and I have the same experience with you, from 2015 until April 2017 I always had what they called being possessed by demon. And it change my life, I always have negative feeling, can't speak calmly when face a problem. And the reason why I being possessed its because I let the demon to stay in my body, I far from god, I never pray to god, (btw i'am a muslim) and that make the demon can possessed me antd control me. But I do a blessing in my religion way and now I am free. And in blessing that I have, the priest said if we welcome the demon stay in our house or our body they will stay, but if we refuse, if we fight the demon, the demon just have a little power to fight us, haunted us or possessed us. And you should try to always have positive feeling, don't let the negative feeling control you, because a demon food is our negative feeling. I hope this will help you, and I hope you and your family always get the bless from god, and all the problem you have will be solved.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Greetings, Sylive.

You've tried to include a great deal of information in this account, probably due to the duration and severity of the experiences. Some of the details do run together, but this doesn't damage your account; it signals your distress more clearly.

First, Val has described (and Augusta has followed up) the point I was going to make. Think about the individual with whom you are having a disagreement; now think about the argument from his point of view. Then, while he's still angry with you as an opponent, you shift gears into "therapist mode" to ask him questions to get the full picture, so you can explain what he's feeling and why. Instead of trusting you as a therapist, he's going to feel like your professional acumen has teamed up with your family role in order to gang up on him by boxing him into a corner. This is CLEARLY not what you intend, as you are trying to resolve the disagreement, but he's riled up and having to shift from "angry/defensive" stance to "open/trusting" therapy participant will just upset him further. This will cause resentment and suppressed anger issues which will not be good for anyone. Having a Neutral family therapist would be in everyone's interest.

Negative spirits have been documented increasing tension and aggravating extant problems, but -as Val mentioned- so have molds, fungal spores, poorly-insulated wiring, atmospheric toxins, etc.

Additionally, I do have a question about your assertion, " I refuse to say the name (because, I do not want to give it more power if it is of that nature)." Why do you believe this to be true? In multiple cultures and traditions, knowledge of the name of a spirit or entity does not empower it; the use of the correct name grants the speaker a level of control over the spirit. (As you are Catholic, think about Jesus' conversation with "Legion, for we are many..." He had to ask its/their name *before* casting the unclean spirit into Hell; even then, Legion managed to negotiate expulsion into pigs instead of Hell.) NOT saying the name will give the spirit power, as this is your decision to exhibit fearful behavior that increases the tense/negative atmosphere. Now, if that atmosphere is the result of high EMF fields, rotten sub-flooring, or chemical sensitivity to scented detergent, naming the problem would identify it and give your family a clear course of action; why should the possibility of a supernatural cause be treated any differently?

Best,
Biblio.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
ive,

First, welcome to YGS.

Second, Thanks for posting your experience.

Third, The Cleansing/Shielding method I offer is 'geared' towards an individual or Family establishing themselves. While those spirits who have passed may feel a connection to the property OR something a wee bit nastier has managed somehow to connect with a property they ARE spirits and we the living have the upper hand here in/on the physical realm/plane. Yes the spirits can 'manipulate' things to be noticed and/or seen but other than in the movies where have you heard off a Haunting so strong that it was actually of movie quality? (I can count the ones I've read on one hand, have at least one finger left over and at least 2 of those I still have questions about.)

If the spirits are benevolent then they will either 'move on' OR perhaps 'work with you' as you establish your household... Or at least not bother you if those are the boundaries you set.

If negative or malevolent then any Cleansing/Shielding/Exorcism that is preformed needs your involvement... Even if it's just repeating what an Individual of your choice is saying/doing. This allows your (your Families) personal energy to be directly involved and establishes it as the 'dominate' energy in/on/for the property.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-29)
Hi Sylive,

I agree with every opinion and suggestion my fellow and wise posters have given to you, so I might not have much to add.

Valkricry is absolutely right. Even though you are used to deal with difficult behaviours it doesn't mean you can deal with your family's case. Actually it tends to be quite the opposite and I personally think that seeking a family therapist wouldn't do you any harm.
Nonetheless, having your house cleansed and blessed accordingly to your beliefs would be much of a help too. As already suggested Rooks' method is a simple and efficient one.

I come from a country where people aren't so open minded about the supernatural, still it doesn't prevent us from experiencing the supernatural and having help to deal with it. If you are afraid of being judged for seeking help in the paranormal field please don't be... You need assistance and I am sure that you can find somebody capable and qualified to assist you.

To resume my opinion, I think you should find help in a family therapist and in somebody qualified to deal with the supernatural. But this is just my opinion...

Truly wish you and your family the best! ❤

Blessings.
Argette (guest)
+4
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
AugustaM, that is good advice for everyone. I'm going to follow it myself.

This seems like a good time as any to note that I am really enjoying the comments of the "regulars" here; it seems that all of us who post regularly - you know who you are - are supportive of one another. That wasn't always the case when I joined this site 6 years ago.

Sylive, I wish you the best. I have nothing to add, as there is already much good advice here.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
It seems like you all need some space and a clean slate to start over again. I am very glad to hear that the house has sold.

First thing, I would perform Rook's cleansing method in your old house if you are still in it Not just once, I would do it every week until you move out. I don't think it would hurt to contact your local church and speak to them about your situation - be completely honest, tell them about the status of your relationship with the church and why, a good priest will understand and help you.

And I know moving is an extremely busy time but, if there is any way at all you could get away for a time, I would highly recommend doing so - you need time away from things - camping would be great, getting back to nature, being together as a family away from negativity and city life. If you can't manage the time away as a family, maybe send your child (children) to stay with friends or family for a few days or a week so you and your partner can work through things as a couple - definitely take the time to do something special as a couple away from that house.

As you pack up to move, keep in mind what one commenter asked regarding the time during which this negativity began and whether it coincided with any particular object being brought into your home - if you come up with anything that seems suspicious... Consider getting rid of it. Either way, as you pack each box, think happy thoughts i.e. 'Only good things go into this box. Only happiness positivity is allowed into our new home. This is a new beginning.' As a way of cleansing and shielding yourself going forward.

Use this summer to build a positive new start for you and your family - try new things (yoga, meditation, swing dance, pottery, Thai cooking) together things and things for yourself, get a new hair cut, try out a salt spa, go for day trips around the province, hit the summer festivals (the festival of New France in Quebec City was always my favorite), visit little places even goofy tourist traps (lol the roadside dinosaurs in Moulin Rouge are always good for a random picnic) you've never visited before.

Before you move into your new house, do a good cleansing of it, burn sage or incense and play music that makes you feel happy as you unpack surrounding yourself with positivity and light.

I know you are a therapist, but sometimes you need someone who isn't living your life to give perspective so, please do consider a family councilor - it doesn't mean that you are any less talented with your work - even the best and strongest need a little help sometimes:-) Also, get everyone a thorough check up just in case - being able to set as many fears to rest as you can will do a great deal of good:)
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
Tweed - First of all Sylive, sorry to detract from your thread.

By the way I support Val every step of the way that it would be very difficult indeed to analyse your own family!

Just a by the way to Tweed. I was raised in a staunch Catholic household and I raised my children in the same religion because, well, I simply believed that that was what I had to do. We have all since lapsed (which bothers me more than a little bit at times)!

Surprisingly enough, the Catholic Church is extremely supportive when it comes to the supernatural. There is the belief that anything that is not of this earth is in all probability not "Godly" but they do assist when you have recurring problems.

I know this because when I had a problem with a house I lived in years ago the Catholic priest showed up pretty quickly. The entity in my home was not malevolent, which I told the priest but we agreed that he had to be returned to wherever he belonged.

That ceremony was a huge success. Perhaps people are just too afraid to ask for help for fear of being ridiculed?

This is just to let you know things from my experience and my perspective, no other reason 😊

Regards, Melda
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+7
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
Sylvie,
Please do not take this the wrong way. Simply because you are "qualified to deal with difficult behaviors as I am certified in special education", does not automatically make you the best therapist for your own family. You could be too close to the problem to see its cause. That's why most therapists have therapists. "New eyes" and all that, may give you a fresh perspective.
There is also a possibility that something in the house can cause this friction, high emf, and black mold come to mind. I'm not sure about Canada, but here in the US, where I live a house must pass inspections for such things prior to being sold.
You might also want to look back at when you first noticed things changing. Had something 'new' or 'new to you' been brought into the house? Or changed within the household, remodeling, leaks, etc.? Anyone dabbling in the occult?
You might try Rook's cleansing and shielding method. It is rather easy to do, and you'd need to be an idiot to screw it up. Really, ultra simple. Although you might need to repeat it a couple of times to get the full benefit. (Some things are just stubborn.)
For what it's worth, unless someone in the family was very close to the suicide victim, I doubt it would transfer to your home.
Under your story there is a link to ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada, it would be a good starting place, to find a local to help you.
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
Wow that's my name too. Paul and the same exact year I was born.
Freaky.

This comment from Paul1977 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Sylive_101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
In response to comments towards my own story.

First, "THANK YOU" for all your response!

I would also like to thank "Your Ghost Stories" website for publishing my story! We totally appreciate your understanding towards our situation! Our Ghost Stories was kind enough to publish it publically so we can receive any good tips that may just do the trick!
So again, "thank you so very much"!

So many responses, I am so grateful for each and every one of you interests, taking the time to read our experiences and respond with suggestions is more than I expected. I am truly grateful for that!

About the Cleansing and Blessing, YES, I definitely NEED to have this done. I'm just not sure if we should do this on our own without any professional assistance?

I am also wondering if perhaps it could be of "poltergeist" nature. Only because, I seem to be "sensitive" and may be contributing to all this without knowing?

Family Therapist: I am qualified to deal with difficult behaviors as I am certified in special education. All of us are pretty reasonable people, there's no way we wouldn't be able to resolve the simplest little conflicts. But, you are right; it may have played, at some point, a part in our situation. However, we did try giving each other space but it doesn't seem to help at all.

I am especially "highly' interested in bringing in a "physical medium". Absolutely, I truly believe that this should be our first step, identifying what is going on, and then we can take the proper steps to resolve it. I was thinking of "Amy" from "The Dead Files". I just want someone who has true abilities and who will be "objective" enough no matter what will come out of it.

I will definitely look into Rookdygin! I am so grateful for your tips! Especially before leaving this property and moving into another.

I will continue to take all your suggestions. Again, thank you so very very much!

If anyone else has contacts with paranormal professionals, please do not hesitate to let me know. This would be extremely helpful!

Again, I truly appreciate each and everyone's tips and responses. Keep it up; I will continue to read all your comments.

Best Regards to all!
Sylvie, Patrick and Mathieu-N
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
Sylive: welcome to YGS.

I completely agree with the advice provided by the previous posters and have some points of my own to add.

According to your profile "We have a 16 years old son who seems to also be affected with his unusual attitude!"

Everybody knows it is not easy to deal with teenagers, paranormal or not paranormal activity involved! 😐

May I ask if the three members of your family are going through the same faith conflict? Has any one of you tried to convince the other/s to change their believes? How important is it for you and/or your husband to try to mold your son to your own ways?

You do not have to answer to these questions but, some problems in many families are based on the,sometimes, differences on the personalities of each member of the family that, in many instances, can become antagonistic.

Personally, I don't think the suicide victim would follow you nor put too much wight to the black floating head, but if you are afraid of stirring more negative activity by performing a cleansing, it'd be better if you ask for the help of a more capable person of your thrust.

Have you been to a doctor's and checked you health? It is important to discard any possible health problems that only would add more stress to your situation.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
Sylvie,

Both Tweed and Melda have great points.

Have you looked into the building material that made the home?

There may an issue in that, or it could simply be you and the family may need some time away from eachother.

Sometimes and I speak from experience, a little space helps quite a bit.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder, I know that sounds so cheesy, but its true.

I agree with Tweed on the cleaners for the home. Have any of you recently changed any of them? Even the smallest ones can cause havoc when used in amounts not recommended.

When I use too much bleach, it can cause a headache. Or air fresheners can cause the same affect.

I'm sensitive to light, and smells, so the slightest change can create a real problem for me.

Even detergent can do that, have you changed that recently?

Anywho...

Hope some of this helps:)

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
Hi Sylvie,

This is an observation based on reading submissions on here.

I've noticed members of the Catholic faith report situations similar to yours. Similar in their reaction to the events, but not the events themselves.
This surprised me as my Aunt (related to me through marriage) and her family are Catholic. However, she and her sister are big time enthusiasts of ghosts, tarot cards, even ouija boards. They just love, embrace and look for paranormal encounters, good and bad. They're still Catholic girls, they were raised Catholic girls, they go to church, the full bit. But they also embrace paranormal matters.
So when I joined this site I was confused to read such terror and/or tension from so many Catholic households where a paranormal entity was suspected. I was sooo confused, but it reminded me of something my Aunt said about some people from her church. She was laughing about something and said 'Catholics are so suspicious of ghosts'. I was a kid when I heard her say that, but after reading things on here her comment started to make sense to me.
I don't know, maybe this will put some of your own inner conflict into perspective. I agree with Melda, look into family therapy if you haven't already. Other than that take a step back from all the paranormal activity and ask yourself if it's really that bad? I mean a head and shoulders appearing is odd, and may be cause for concern, but it also might not be. Feeling ill could be due to tension and even irritants in a cleaning product, for example. I suggest you concentrate on the emotional well being of yourself, whatever paranormal havoc left over I guarantee won't seem that bad. Sometimes the paranormal can act as a rug under which to sweep difficult subjects.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
Sylive - May I ask you first off, have you and your family considered consulting a family therapist?

It seems that you believe that most of the negativity which you experience as a family can be put down to paranormal events in your home.

Also you seem to have decided not to take the route of having your home blessed and cleansed, including shielding yourselves.

My personal opinion is that you should get an experienced psychic/medium to assist you.

A very well-known member of this site, Rookdygin, has an excellent cleansing method on his profile page. Perhaps you should take a look at that? Many people swear by this cleansing method.

I'm sure many of the posters on YGS will have some very good advice for you 😊

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: