You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Trapped Soul?

Real Ghost Stories

A Trapped Soul?

 

These experiences happened years ago in my old house. Now to give you a little background story: we moved into this house because it was a minutes walk to my grandma's house which we were living in at the time, so we moved into this "new" house. Now these experiences started probably around 2004, which we were living in the house for 3 years then. We are no longer living in this house.

The first experience was one night, during the summer, and my brother was out of the room (we shared a room). I knew he was in the living room, so I got my blankets and walked into the living room and laid on the empty couch. My brother occupied the other couch. So anyway, I was about to fall asleep when all of a sudden the couch starts vibrating like a phone, it did this twice, and never happened again. This could be explainable but these next few might not be.

This next experience was a bit creepier. One night I woke up for like a second and I saw the TV switch channels by itself. Well the TV would do weird things like every morning for about a few months it would be off. We usually keep it on when we sleep, and this was too freaky, but it wouldn't be the last time I dealt with this entity.

Next thing happened with my sister, she was taking a bath and she dozed off. Well, she said that she got this vision of a man with an ax standing over her. Now, I'm not sure if this was an entity making contact, but it did scare her. Nobody liked that bathroom, it was just scary, that's why nobody wanted to use it. Instead we used our parents bathroom.

Okay so I'll get into some minor things. Our computer would randomly come out of sleep mode when nobody was touching it, the phone in the back of the kitchen would always ring, (note: our phones were not connected), feelings of being watched, and feelings of a presence. But those would happen randomly, and now I'll get into the good stuff.

One night I, my brother, and my younger sister where sleeping in my sister's room, and we were watching wrestling. Nothing too bad happened that night, but in the morning, we discovered that the posters in my room had been torn down. The only other person in the house was my mom and she wouldn't do such a thing. Now this is when things get weirder.

A summer morning, I woke up on the couch, (no its not the morning after the vibrations). This time my brother was listening to this recording on the answering machine, it was all screechy and hard to make out but you could hear a voice. This never happened before or after, and remember at the time we where not connected to any phone lines, so this was incredibly strange for us.

My last experience is probably one of the scariest things to ever happen to me. So, I was doing my regular thing, go into my room and watch Harry Potter. Well, on this day something felt different. I laid down on my brother's bed and all of a sudden I hear this weird growl. It sounded like a dog, I freaked out and ran into my living room. Now the nearest dog was on the other side of the house and if he did growl I would not have heard it so clearly. I always figured the growl was from the dog that died in my room, but years later I'd discover that it could have been an angrier spirit.

Well what do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WorldClass, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WorldClass (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
[at] CyanideDiamond109: it was pretty cold, my brother usually answered the phone, it was always silent
[at] DARKNESS: funny yo mention that cause my dog died in that room a week after he was attacked by some of the landowner's dogs, which explains things now, thank you
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Growling can be related to a dog that has passed and may not be happy with the situation. And it can also be connected to something more darker a negative energy ie: demons and such, but if that was the only thing you experienced I highly doubt that it was the "D" word!
Interesting story, thanks for sharing it.

Dan
CyanideDiamond109 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
woah that's some creepy stuff!
I'm sure my bed does that vibraty, shaky thing occasionally too, when I feel I'm being watched and I'm not sure how it could possibly be explained :/
Do you remember the bathroom you didn't like being any colder than the rest of the house? 'cause that could mean that was where the spirits were centralized if there were any.
Did you ever answer the phone when it rang?
HARRY POTTER IS AMAZING 😆
WorldClass (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
I'm not sure, it was 5 years ago, it was very scratchy though.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
interesting story. Thanks for sharing.
Do you recall what the voice on the machine was saying?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: