You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daughter Can See Departing Souls And Auras

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter Can See Departing Souls And Auras

 

My daughter is now 16, but when she was 4 I allowed her father to take her out of state to visit his family before she started kindergarten. When she came home she had hours and hours of things she had to tell me. I stopped her on one of the things she was talking about and asked her to tell me more.

She told me about a bunch of cars all smashed up and policemen everywhere and described as best she could at her age the machine called the Jaws of Life. Obviously they had witnessed a terrible accident on the interstate. She concluded by saying, "It was too late, though, that lady was already dead."

I was more than a bit irritated with her father, assuming he had made an off-hand remark that she had picked up on. I asked her who told her and she said, "Nobody told me, I saw the pretty lady come out of the top of her car and fly away."

Ok. Enough said. She didn't seem too concerned about it so it hasn't been mentioned since.

The next incident happened a year later, the summer between kindergarten and 1st grade. Her grandparents took her to the beach for a week and when she came home I said, "Look at you! You're so brown!" (Referring to her tan.) She said, "Well, Mommy, you're orange." Puzzled, I said no, you're brown and I'm peach.

I got a very scornful look, especially coming from a 5yr old, and was informed, "Not your skin, Mom, your COLOR!"

Later I discovered that an orange aura can signify happiness, and I certainly was feeling happy at seeing my little girl after a week. I'm pretty certain she was seeing my aura.

Other hauntings by Mandee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-01)
Yes, she and I still have things happen often, either at home or pretty much anywhere, most times unexpectedly! As for past experiences, we don't really discuss them in detail because it happens so often it seems maybe...commonplace? I don't know if that's the word I'm looking for but I have many more stories to share so thanks for reading!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-30)
Oops! Missed a typo - that's 'big time' not 'bug time'! Talk about heebeejeebees! Lol
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-30)
My gosh! It seems to me like it would be a nightmare to be a sensitive and work in a hospital - all that strife, loss and emotion! Lol I don't class myself as overly sensitive but hospitals give me the heebeejeebees bug time - I'd be a wreck if I could pick up on everything! She must be very good at tuning out and/or shielding herself! Being a nurse takes guts!

Has your daughter shared any experiences with you since then? Have the two of you ever sat down and had a heart to heart about it?
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-22)
That was fascinating to read. Your girly is quite gifted! Has she ever mentioned anything at all regarding ghosts or psychic experiences since then?

Best of luck and health to you and your family.
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Hi, it's Mandee, and I have a small update- I asked her dad if he could recall an accident on that particular trip and he honestly couldn't remember.
Understandable, lol, because he works as a long-haul trucker, driving a semi all over the U.S., so he's unfortunately seen more accidents than many people have.
I guess I'll never know if she did really see it or just sensed it, but something happened to her that day for certain.
I have an aunt, also, who is very sensitive to such things. She works as a nurse in our local hospital so she's had more than her fair share of experiences, up to and including being followed home.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
It may be that what your daughter picked up was residual energy from a previous accident. That would indicate psychic ability. Given her other skills, it seems a possibility.

A check of historical newspaper files or police records might provide a clue.

When I was 5 or 6 years old I was given a child's bow and arrow set as a gift. I became a pest and it was taken from me and hidden. I told my very psychic mother I would go to sleep and find it. I did exactly that.

As a child I thought I searched in a dream. Now I believe I was out of body at the time. The abilities of children can be substantial.

May I suggest you keep an open mind as you watch over her? Also, it is possible that your daughter's gifts may be inherited. Your family tree may include a psychic. In my experience, more likely to be female.
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
Hi Mandee, thank you for sharing your fascinating accounts about your daughter. Sarah certainly sounds gifted. Now that she's 16, does she still have such experiences or has the ability begun to fade with time? Is she able to recall much detail of her childhood experiences?

I do think it's great that you've supportive of her abilities. There are many well-meaning parents who haven't believed their children and unwittingly added to their hurt or fear. Sarah is fortunate to have you! 😊
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-12)
It never occurred to me until now about the premonition theory. I know I have talked about it with her grandma but Sarah was only with her dad that day, his mother wasn't on this particular trip. I'm going to ask her dad if he remembers anything about this and I will post his answer as soon as I talk to him, so check back soon and thanks for reading!
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
About the accident, was it a premonition? I do believe a lot of us have psychic powers. Its just that as we grow older we pollute our minds with negative energy negating our own aura. However, I definitely see your kiddo here is gifted. I wish her best of health and peace. Keep Sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: